New Alan Partridge series on Sky Atlantic

shurlock

Didn't get much fanfare but the first of a three-parter was shown last night.

Thought it was pretty good - fewer catchphrases but more wistful, more bitter (while sending up all those documentaries where minor celebs tediously trace their roots). The town hall, Hitler, market stall and cornershop scenes were especially good.

Anyone catch it? Still got it?

Edited by shurlock

Going to be a film soon as well. Love the 'partridged' announcement:

http://www.ultraculture.co.uk/12077-press-release-of-the-week-alan-partridge.htm

STUDIOCANAL SIGNS ALAN PARTRIDGE

Partridge declares himself “gladdened and pleased…by the greatest Anglo-French co-operation since the Normandy landings…”

June 26 2012: STUDIOCANAL today announced their acquisition of UK theatric rights to THE ALAN PARTRIDGE MOVIE, set to shoot from January 7 next year, and confirmed an August 16 2013 opening date for the film in the UK.

Alan Partridge commented, “I’m simultaneously gladdened and pleased to see a British film being co-funded by the French dudes at STUDIOCANAL. This is without doubt the greatest Anglo-French co-operation since the Normandy landings. This time, the heroes aren’t Allied servicemen – they’re motion picture financiers, who are equally brave.

I’d also like to add that ‘canal’ – or, in English, ‘canal’ – is a transportation system close to my heart. In the late 18th century, this new method of logistics halved the price of coal in many English cities. If STUDIOCANAL’s investment can achieve even a fraction of that, I will be delighted.”

I loved the bit when he walked through city hall and the editing in the swimming pool also made me LOL. I am Alan's biggest fan (other than Jed).

You probably know this, but Jed is based on radio DJ and part time Saints fan Christian O Connell. It actually happened to Stewart Lee and Peter Baynham nicked it.