The Pre-January Transfer Window Thread

Saint Garrett

I agree we have other needs but I think that the lack of defensive cover by a good DM has a huge effect and is an important piece of the whole defence issue we have

This. It was one of the big reasons for our success under Poch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It actually struck me against West Ham how we aren't as well off in CM as I thought we were. Hoj suspended leaves just Romeu and Lemina, and Lemina is struggling at the moment. If Wanyama was available I would absolutely love him back, he's perfect in a high press just an absolute battering ram. Between him, Rom and Hoj we might have an unsuspended pairing for every game of the season!

It actually struck me against West Ham how we aren't as well off in CM as I thought we were. Hoj suspended leaves just Romeu and Lemina, and Lemina is struggling at the moment. If Wanyama was available I would absolutely love him back, he's perfect in a high press just an absolute battering ram. Between him, Rom and Hoj we might have an unsuspended pairing for every game of the season!

Agreed.

Bringing either Wanyama or Schneiderlin back is likely to be an upgrade in the DM dept. Schneiderlin though assumes Ralph could fire him up and motovate him, which clearly hasn't happened for him at Everton.

Realistic Possibilities for this window

Boyata at Celtic out of contract in the summer

Gary Cahill - short term CB solution

Lookman at Everton - Already played for Ralph

Schneiderlin - is he past his best, or would he want to come back?

Danny Ings - make his signing permanent now and free up a loan space

Obviously a few to go to balance the books

Gabbiadini, Hoedt, Forster, Davis,and potentially Cedric?