Aussie Saints

Cheers Dog, as you may or may not be aware, that links to the Portsmouth Sunderland game. From Googling "mk dons southampton p2p", you get a load of sites, all of which require you to install some shiyteware and probably wont have the game anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

will be booking flights back once this months credit card is finished (means I don't have to pay until April!).

I can't find any decent flights from Brissie under $2k though. At the moment I am looking to book Emirates to go back to UK on the 26th and then fly back here on the 10th straight after the Charlton game (a bit tight as the flight from Heathrow is at 8.40pm. With a bit of luck I can get tickets for all 4 games I am there, including for Brighton away.

I want to write a letter to the Box office - does anybody know if David Luker is the best man to contact or is there anybody else I can email that might be more sympathetic to my plea for 2 tickets to each game???

righto...tickets to UK are booked. Arrive 25th March and leave on the 10th April (got a later flight at 10:15pm so not so much of a rush after the Charlton game now). Just got to pray I can get 2 tickets for the final as it's a bl00dy long way to go to watch the final on TV! lol

Over in Sweden at the moment on a study exchange. I arrived 7 weeks ago from Melbourne and I'm finally seeing my first ever saints match next week against Leeds. Can barely contain my excitement!

Those searching for tickets, have you tried skyscanner.net or momondo.com? Usually gives quite an extensive search...

Good to see someone going, or trying to go, to the JPT final from Aussie, even better that its a Queenslander!!!

Unfortunately, considering that last month I returned from the UK on my first solo trip around the world, its not on the cards for me :( - neither anything for next season I guess.

Still got to see Brentford away and Stockport home. 4 points, satisfied me!!!

The JPT final isn't on Fox or Setanta?

So frustrating.

Anybody else pumped for the A-League Grand Final tomorrow night?

No, didn't think so. :p

C'mon Melbourne!

BTW, I've put in a request to join the Aussie Saints group on facebook so if you got a request today it was most likely me.

The JPT final isn't on Fox or Setanta?

So frustrating.

Anybody else pumped for the A-League Grand Final tomorrow night?

No, didn't think so. :p

C'mon Melbourne!

BTW, I've put in a request to join the Aussie Saints group on facebook so if you got a request today it was most likely me.

I just joined too. Not the biggest group on F/book I am sure

• 2 weeks later...
I will be back in the UK next month and hoping to go to a couple of games. The official site seems to have minimal ticket info for upcoming games, can I just turn up at SMS on match days and get a ticket?

If you phone the club ticket office three or four days before a match they will mail them out to you.

I am living in Chidlow, just north of Perth at the moment. I am having a BBQ monday afternoon with a few steaks and prawns for the barbie, and I have a few stubbies in the fridge. The girlfriend is going to be wearing just her kini bottoms and her pink thongs, so its all jugs out for the saints.

Bring a beer & a steak party, come along and join the fun at 2.oopm at the pool.

Fair dinkum.

Following the BBQ we will be watching the three episodes of Crocodile Dundee.

Disco in the evening, with music from Rolf, Men at Work & the princess herself Kylie, with a bit of INXS thrown in.

Everyone will be wearing cork hats and taking the p:ss out of the POHMS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone know of good places in Perth to watch the England game Sat night? Was thinking Cas but going to be rammed and I always spunk loads of cash afterwards in a drunk state after so rather go elsewhere. Was thinking Elephant & Barrow....anywhere else?

anyone know of good places in Perth to watch the England game Sat night? Was thinking Cas but going to be rammed and I always spunk loads of cash afterwards in a drunk state after so rather go elsewhere. Was thinking Elephant & Barrow....anywhere else?

Have a look here:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/world-cup-in-pubs-from-port-kennedy-to-karratha-20100610-xz9c.html

Going to be a long night... going to spewibaco to watch the rugby Aust-England and then to the Woodvale tavern for the football :)

I think as a condition of the late licenses entry to the pub are ticketed - it is worth checking you might need to get one before the night.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else notice that Saints new home shirt is the same as Melbourne Heart's away shirt?

As a passionate Melbourne Victory supporter that kind of sucks. Especially as I'm a massive fan of the new Saints kit.

I know there are a lot of English ex-pats amongst our supporters here. Have you guys got into the A-League? I know the standard isn't great but it's so much better than the previous league. With the influx of overseas clubs playing pre-season games over here (Fulham, Celtic and Wolves last season; Everton and Boca Juniors this season) and with players like Robbie Fowler in the league it's a sign that football is making progress and other countries are at least starting to take notice.

I'll hopefully get to a few Victory away games this season so it will be good to catch up with any Saints fans for a beer.

yep melbourne heart here as well..though my attachment to southampton has really made my struggle with genuinely following a team down here. i think it will be the same case with heart

same here... i get no satisfaction out of watching brisbane roar. might be tempted to follow the new melbourne team, if they at least look simliar to a saints team...lol...at least on tv!

• 3 weeks later...

A big shout out to all Saints fans in Australia and around the world other than the two Melbourne defectors. May your season be horrible. :)

In hindsight Heart will need supporters (especially with such likeable players as Aloisi, Colosimo and Bolton) so it's probably important for football in this city that some of you do go for them.

Anyway, in more relevant news, does anybody know what time Saints will be on Foxtel Saturday night?

Game times always baffle me. We're a 12:15pm kickoff at St Mary's and yet the Foxtel guide is saying there are live League 1 games at 2:15am and 4:30am. For an early start, shouldn't it be on TV in AEST at midnight here? Or even 2 hours earlier?

It might be the only time we're on TV over here all season!

Edited by Melbourne Saint

12:15 would be a 9:15pm kickoff here in Australia.

Does not look good, as it will overlap with the Sydney v Melbourne Heart A league game (being shown on Fox sports 3 from 8pm). It's certainly not included in the Foxtel tv listing. Gutted.

Don't worry though, as they are showing the hockey between Netherlands and Germany at 11pm :|