Aussie Saints

you guys know if the JPT game will be shown over here? Will be on UK Sky Sports.

If it isn't you will be able to watch it on your computer through "365" - the Sports Betting agency; you have to register (it doesn't cost anything) - and then you can watch any of the streaming from Sky UK. Should be good!

Just got back to Melbourne.

Saw Yeovil, Carlisle, & Bristol Rovers (w-d-l). Missed the gillingham (had to go to Old Trafford) and southend games.

It was great to get back - my first times @ St Marys - & catch up with mates and renew the faith. Pints of Tetley available at the ground - miles better than the p#ss water at Etihad.

Bought most of the contents of the saints shop.

Happy with what Pards is doing, and i think we're too good to get relegated - Harding, Hammond, Lambert, Jaidi, Trotman are shrewd signings. Not sure that we'll make the play offs though, which means we may lose some of our better players in Jan/ Summer & have to rebuild again (it's taken Leeds a few years).

I agree with earlier comments on here - even League 1 is a better standard than the A-League - so much faster!.

COYR, oh, and Victory.

Just watching Leeds v Norwice on Fox Sports 1. Leeds look a sharp unit, Norwich not so much. My main question however is, will Southampton be on Foxtel before the playoffs?? ;)

They seem to be showing all the games from League 1 and 2 now. So judging by that, look out for a live or more likely as-live broadcast of Saints v Brighton on Monday November 16.

They seem to be showing all the games from League 1 and 2 now. So judging by that, look out for a live or more likely as-live broadcast of Saints v Brighton on Monday November 16.

How many games? I must not have been paying close attention as the Leeds v Norwich is the first I have seen. I would imagine that with Charlton, Norwich, Southampton and Leeds there would arguably be more Australian support for League one sides than the Championship. Perhaps writing into FoxSports and explaining the above situation might be worthwhile.

Okay no worries, I better keep an eye out then. Would love to see another saints game live on TV, the last one I was able to watch was against Wolves last season and the least said about that game the better.

I suggest as I have done everyone on this board emails feedback@foxsports.com.au in regards to the League One matches. My main point was that with the addition of PremierLeague stalwarts Southampton, Charlton and Norwich, as well as the support of Leeds from the Viduka/Kewell days there is arguably more Australian support for League one sides than the Championship. No harm in asking hey.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky you! I was in Perth two weekends ago, seems I got my timing all wrong..If anyone knows where it will be screened in Melbourne please do tell! I've already decided I'm pulling an all nighter and going straight to work on Monday so it would be much easier if it was at a pub or club or anywhere..help

mistake going to watch that! especially when people cheered every seagull goal...stormed out when 3rd went in!

Weird... Were they actually Gull's supporters or just decided to back them ?

Hope you had better luck on the tables :p

Mind you we had everything against us - on TV, First game in charge for new manager and it also happened to be his birthday.

Damn you Poyet.

Hopefully a better showing from the boys against Norwich.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a real bad day for mossies here in Brisbane - not just the odd one, swarms of them descending on you, little Kants. I can cope with swarms of flies on me, but this amount of mossies is wrecking my head!!! We're by the sea in Redcliffe - what's it like elsewhere?

It's been a real bad day for mossies here in Brisbane - not just the odd one, swarms of them descending on you, little Kants. I can cope with swarms of flies on me, but this amount of mossies is wrecking my head!!! We're by the sea in Redcliffe - what's it like elsewhere?

I haven't seen a mossie for months, I did however get stung by a queen wasp on monday while lifting some logs into me ute.

They sure can be bastards - especially this time of year. Don't worry they get bored quickly and the flies will take over :)

I'd say jump in the ocean - But I think it's stinger season as well so....

Aeorguard mate - Or the mozzie coils.

Not a great group for us but if you went back in time 5-6 years and was told that we would make the second round of the 2006 WC and easily qualify for the 2010 tournament you'd have taken it in a heartbeat.

And with our 2018/2022 WC bid in full swing, let's hope we are hosting one in the not so distant future.

Actually on that note, if you went back 6 years and were told we'd have a new professional league up and running and attracting relatively good crowds (in Melbourne at least) you'd be very happy as well. Hopefully we can push 40,000 for the game on Saturday night against Sydney FC. Why wouldn't you go? 1 vs 2, Melbourne vs Sydney, Kevin Muscats 500th league game.....Bring it on!

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps,

Thought I'd bounce this thread back up.

Planning to watch the game in the Woodvale Tavern (formerly the Moon & Sixpence) in Perth they have Setanta and providing it is going to be broadcast here in Oz. (nothing for the 5th round is listed yet).

I have already contacted Saints fans that I know and hopefully at this stage there will 5-6 of us. Would be good to get a few more and outnumber the blue few.

Post on here your interest and we will work out a way to meet up.

Surely Setanta will be showing the Pompey game live?

Not looking good at the moment

This has just been uploaded to:

http://www.setanta.com/au/Our-Sports/Football/FA-Cup/

and click on the 'Feb' tab

Did not realise that Chelsea were kicking off at midday

Neither games have been announced and there is a game for 23:00 EDT as TBC which is midday - the Chelsea KO...the glass is looking half empty rather than full

Perhaps a concerted effort is in order to email them pointing out that Chelsea are always on the box

http://www.setanta.com/au/Contact-Us/

Everyone make sure to email Setanta and highlight that the interest in the Saints/Pompey game far outweighs that of the chelsea/cardiff game.

looks like we are p*ssing in the wind here I first got an email stating that the there was a delay in sending the email to customerservice-au@setanta.com and now a failure message - this was sent from their website? So much for customer service

Is this the same Setanta that went bust in Europe?

Would we aussies have access to the internet streams that will no doubt appear on the main board?

Anyone in Oz streamed a Soton game successfully before?

Is it live in UK?

Enough questions for ya?

Cheers

Toby

Hi Chaps,

Thought I'd bounce this thread back up.

Planning to watch the game in the Woodvale Tavern (formerly the Moon & Sixpence) in Perth they have Setanta and providing it is going to be broadcast here in Oz. (nothing for the 5th round is listed yet).

I have already contacted Saints fans that I know and hopefully at this stage there will 5-6 of us. Would be good to get a few more and outnumber the blue few.

Post on here your interest and we will work out a way to meet up.

Hopefully i will be there depending on my flight times and things.

any newcastle saints out there.i left soton 1974.lived at barnfield road weston.ex millton road.at the moment i am in the middle of bass strait on a oil rig tender and i dont go on leave untill 24 feb so will miss the pompey and dons games.its good to see the sk8ts in the s--t it gladens my hart.saints till i die.

What a ****ing joke.

I was planning to fly up to Sydney for the Melbourne vs Sydney A-League match and catching up with some of our supporters up there to watch the game.

I'm really angry about this. Ordinarily I wouldn't expect us to be shown but it's clearly the match of the round and we should be on live.