Aussie Saints

It's a televised game but we weren't shown televised League 1 or 2 games on Fox last season so I wouldn't think this season will be any different.

However the fact it is televised means we might be able to find an internet stream or download the game if we can get somebody over there to cap the game.

I'll be at Melbourne Victory vs Fulham on Saturday night by the way. Obviously it's quite an exercise bringing out a premier league team because the ticket prices are quite steep. My mate made the point that his Grand Final ticket was cheaper than this game which despite the fact is against a premiership team is still only a pre-season friendly. Still, we'll hopefully get 30,000 - 35,000 and create a great atmosphere.

Thanks for that Melbourne Saint, thats what I was saying really, knew it was on sky just wether fox would show it, couldn't remember about league 1 last year, should be able to get a stream, most of the sky stuff gets put up. Fingers crossed anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah - I was wondering that myself. Hope so - Might give him a shout out and try have a quick yarn.

$130 thats for Fri Glory Vs Wolves: Wed Nth Qld Vs Wolves then Glory Vs Fulham

So not too bad.

see Fowler play? How fat is he, still great touch and vision though.

You might see Surman?

Tickets a bit steep, eh?

Yeah I called over Andrew and had a quick yarn and took a photo with him.

I went to the sidelines and took off my jacket with my Saints top underneath. Screamed out Andrew - he looked up - saw the top and came trotting over.. So that was good.

Just a bit weird seeing him in a Wolves top.

He had a pretty average two games to be honest - but all the best to him

In regards to Fowler - he has put a little bit on, but you could tell his class straight away. Think he might just have a field day here in Australia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks.

We're emigrating to Brisbane end of Sept - thought I'd let you know. Think there was at least one of you from that part of Oz. Any others? Think I might catch the Stockport game before I go (I live north of Manchester), but in reality I think living 15000 miles away is probabaly the best way to be with the team as it is!

Keep an eye out for me as I will be wearing my rather classy Saints polo shirt with discreet badge whenever possible!

Cheers

Toby

Welcome to the sunshine mate ( although it's a bit on short supply here in the West )

I'm sure there are a few Bannana Benders that log on.

Good selection of local teams in QLD too :)

PS -Celebrate the Ashes win before you come over - ha ha. :D

Hi,

Not sure where I stand on the Ashes. I'm not a massive cricket fan but was pretty pleased to win it (as I was in 2005 with a radio in my ear all summer).

How's the defeat being taken in Oz? Do they spit at you? Are they really gutted? Then I ask myself: why on earth am I emigrating there if I want to be happy about my adopted country getting defeated?

Should my son or daughter turn into top class sports stars - would I want them to compete for Australia or England / UK?

On balance, I'm not going to Oz in order to bore people about how great England is, so I predict my lad will play centre back for Australia in the world cup of 2022! (whilst captaining Saints to the premier league title, but travelling home to Oz in the off season).

It's freezing down here in Melbourne (well, 10 degrees).

Good Luck with the heat TP -

It took me 10 years to get used to the hot summer (30+) days, and that's down here.

The humidity in Bris/ QLD can be a killer in the summer - Fowler will melt !.

Hi,

Not sure where I stand on the Ashes. I'm not a massive cricket fan but was pretty pleased to win it (as I was in 2005 with a radio in my ear all summer).

How's the defeat being taken in Oz? Do they spit at you? Are they really gutted? Then I ask myself: why on earth am I emigrating there if I want to be happy about my adopted country getting defeated?

Should my son or daughter turn into top class sports stars - would I want them to compete for Australia or England / UK?

On balance, I'm not going to Oz in order to bore people about how great England is, so I predict my lad will play centre back for Australia in the world cup of 2022! (whilst captaining Saints to the premier league title, but travelling home to Oz in the off season).

Ha Ha - All good.

Yep - I'm gutted. If, however, someone spits at you I can promise you they are not Australian. It's a great series because the Poms Vs Convics is always a good, hard fought game - but in the spirit of the game.

The Socceroo's need some class CB's - looking forard to seeing the young lad play :)

Mate - you will have a great time here. Qld has some top characters - Some pretty darn warm and humid weather - but you will appricate a COLD beer so much more :)

Feel free to post on here any help you need..

Think I'm gonna give up booze when we get there - too expensive for the amount I normally get through. What's Tooheys?

HA HA HA HA

Just wait till you are half way thru a QLD summer - you will knock back more COLD beer then you'd thought humanly possible....just to keep the sweat flowing :)

HA HA HA HA

Just wait till you are half way thru a QLD summer - you will knock back more COLD beer then you'd thought humanly possible....just to keep the sweat flowing :)

In my experience of visiting Oz, it seems quite normal to drink beer at any time of the day, though probably quite weak stuff with no intention of getting drunk. Is this true?

I'm the opposite - strictly in the evening and I don't want to be too sober at the end.

In any case, I'll probably stick with H2O - so long as it's free.

Anytime of the day is certainly a good time for a beer :)

Truth be known I'm not much of a beer coniseir ( er expert :p )

Water is still free, although unsure if QLD has water restrictions or not ( don't worry it's only for the gardens )

Regardless i think you will have a great time here mate... and If you ever want to take a weekender over here in WA I'm sure I can organise some free accommodation.

• 3 weeks later...

If the aussie Saint who bought 3 STs for my kids school (St Patricks in Woolston) is on here thanks very much indeed. I've mislaid the newletter but it did have your name and the fact that you were an ex pupil. We were at St Pats at the same time although I was in Infant school.

As an explanation, the STs are given to "Star of the Week" and pupils with 100% attendance over the terms.

Hello fellow Aussie Saints supporters!

I'm visiting Southampton for 3 months from Australia and going to my first Saints game this Saturday. I'm a big fan of Sydney FC in Australia and wanted to ask some questions about the team before I go to the match. Can someone take a minute to answer them? Ta!

1. It looks like the home jersey is red and white. I guess it would be bad form to wear my Sydney FC jersey to the game because it's blue and I think the opposition this weekend might be blue. Is that correct? In Sydney we're happy to see other teams jerseys but not if they're in the opposition teams colours!

2. Is there a thread on the forum here with standard chants I could look up before I go?

3. Any particular players should I be keeping an eye out for? We have marquees in Australia but I don't think there's any equivalent here?

4. Last one, where's a good spot to park to go to the game? I live too far away to walk.

And a funny coincidence, Sydney FC initials are SFC and was owned by Lowy, and Saints are also SFC and seem to have there own Lowe in Administration!

Hey Elle

Id definatly post you request on the main page as the local will surely be able to give you sound advice.

I'm sure you could meet up with some locals at one of the watering holes and mosey on to the game with them.

PS - I'm seriously Jealous :)

Thanks. I wasn't sure where to post on the main board, I did have a go but wasn't successful. I wasn't able to start a thread (and after only 2 posts I didn't know if this would be frowned upon). We (Sydney FC) usually have a pre-match thread for upcoming games, but it looks like you guys only have a post match thread.

I'm jealous of all the Aussies at home going to the A-league games!

1. It looks like the home jersey is red and white. I guess it would be bad form to wear my Sydney FC jersey to the game because it's blue

Not to mention Pompey (Saints biggest rivals wearing blue!!)

Hope you enjoyed the game and step up in skill/pace as even League 1 is better standard than the A League.

I have just returned from the UK, took in Colchester H, Charlton away and Yeovil H. The last game I saw before that was about 3 games into NP's reign (over a Year and a half ago). Have to say it is a little depressing how far we have fallen in that short time, at least we are still alive and on the rise, I expect things will be a lot better the next time I see the lads!

If I could ask you Oz based Saints a question (non footy)

How can I track a signed for parcel from the UK, in Oz?

Ta

VFTT - Mate depends on the service you have used. Most postal services have a registered post which will give you a tracking number and access to a tracking system online. Otherwise use one of the international carriers TNT, DHL etc - They have a very similar system

Thanks. I wasn't sure where to post on the main board, I did have a go but wasn't successful. I wasn't able to start a thread (and after only 2 posts I didn't know if this would be frowned upon). We (Sydney FC) usually have a pre-match thread for upcoming games, but it looks like you guys only have a post match thread.

I'm jealous of all the Aussies at home going to the A-league games!

If it's not too late - and you want me too I will put a post up for you

I have just returned from the UK, took in Colchester H, Charlton away and Yeovil H. The last game I saw before that was about 3 games into NP's reign (over a Year and a half ago). Have to say it is a little depressing how far we have fallen in that short time, at least we are still alive and on the rise, I expect things will be a lot better the next time I see the lads!

At least you didn't see the lads lose :)

Not only that, I saw the first win of the season!!! When was the last time you saw them?

MATE... if only. I've never seen Saints play live - I can't wait until I get the chance. Fell in love with them at a very early age and have been an avid OS supporter since.

Soon... (Cmon Lotto numbers)

MATE... if only. I've never seen Saints play live - I can't wait until I get the chance. Fell in love with them at a very early age and have been an avid OS supporter since.

Soon... (Cmon Lotto numbers)

We should see if we can get them them over to "open a can of whoop-ass" on the Glory next pre season!

I wen`t up to sin city last Sunday for the NRL grand final (go storm) and started to chat with a couple of bloke`s in a pub near central train station,as it turned out one of them was a fellow Southampton fan.

That just goes to show that we may be in league 1 but saints fans are rock solid through thick and thin

We should see if we can get them them over to "open a can of whoop-ass" on the Glory next pre season!

Watched Wolves and Fulham ( drenched that night ) - Showed a difference in class.

Got a pic and had a chat with Andrew Surman.

Was a pretty good night - but I'd love Saints to play here

Watched Wolves and Fulham ( drenched that night ) - Showed a difference in class.

Got a pic and had a chat with Andrew Surman.

Was a pretty good night - but I'd love Saints to play here

I was thinking about going as Surman was my youngest's heartthrob, but the weather! Anyway, he has now been dumped for Pavlich!