Aussie Saints

just read all the messages, good bright messages, no moaning, just how it should be.

i'm very envious of you lads, always wanted to go there, i've friends (aussies) from my cricket days, the problem is i'm now 60 (chuckle).

just wondering if you are english or aussie blokes, or a mix, keep posting it's interesting to read your views, one thing we all are is SAINTS through and through. Stuff those plastic "big club" fans, not the Skates, they,re just awful.

All the best fred

Born and bred Aussie, my passion for Saints stemmed from my admiration of their ability to survive in the most arduous of circumstances in the mid 90's, the games at Wimbledon and Coventry come to mind. Will always remain a passionate fan despite my mates constant ridicule of my beloved club hopefully one day things will turn full circle and they can take some of their own back :). Oh and 2-1 to Australia on Wednesday with the great Timmy Cahill netting a brace.

hi sb

firstly v. sad what with fires and all, hope it clears soon.

cricket thread? blimey, we won't qualify for that soon(or already). we had warney as our skipper at hants, went to a sunday league game at the rose bowl, there were about a 100 ****ed young aussies in blonde wigs and all, no trouble,but a good laugh.

youre right, it's always interesting with saints.

fred

hi a. saint

timmy cahill, he played at sms, 2003 for millwall in the cup, thought then what a good player, he's done well for everton. watched saints res, v chelsea, a few years ago, one player stood out for us, scott macdonald, we let him go for nothing.

i've had the micky taken all my life about saints, theres loads of people around my neck of the woods who don't miss a trick when we lose, lets be honest at the moment, constantly.

fred

• 2 weeks later...

But before that, there's the small matter of the A-League Grand Final.

Anybody else pumped for it?

Everybody might talk the A-League down (including Pim Verbeek) but it's made some great progress over the past 4 seasons and it's only going to get bigger and better as the league continues to expand.

We'll be going into tomorrows game as massive favourites and the fact that Aurelio Vidmar has already come out and admitted that they'll parking the bus in front of their goal worries the hell out of me but let's hope it's a win for not only positive football but for the leagues biggest and most supported club. ;)

COME ON MELBOURNE!

BTW, how fitting that I'm the Saintsweb arcade champion in "Burger Time" and "Keg Stand" :p

My apologies to Adelaide and Melbourne fans... being a Perth Glory supporter you can at least understand that I forgot to mention finals football :( Ha Ha

Interesting game that Mr Breeze deceided he'd be a major part of, sadly.

Brightspark - Muscat gets away with near on assault most games. He wears his heart on his sleeve and a few well placed nails on his boots. ! Dirty bar-stard - somehow I still enjoy watching him play however.

Two more days and the local lads get to strut their stuff against the Kuwaitiee's - Heres hopign for a better game then the Singapoprean one.

Woohoo!

What a brilliant night. It wasn't quite the rout that everybody had predicted but it's actually more satisfying beating Adelaide 1-0 than 6-0 because this time they were in the match and had their opportunities to cause the upset. It only hurts them more. :)

Breeze is apparently the best referee in the country which is a load of ****. The decision to send off Cristiano was wrong (and yet satisfying the way he cheated earlier in the season) and it was evened up with Allsopp getting sent off. Replays actually show that nothing happened so Australia's #1 referee and assistant referee simply guessed.

The team has given us supporters terrific value over the 4 seasons of the competition and hopefuly we can hang on to the likes of Carlos Hernandez to defend our title and give the Asian Champions League a shake.

Muscat is a *****, no doubt about it. But he's our *****. For somebody of his age to play every minute of every match is just a phenomenal effort. He's clearly the best leader in the competition and without his presence I don't think we would have achieved what we did.

celebration.gif

Calling all MELBOURNE SAINTS!! I know it's over a month away, but I was hoping to organise a night for all Melbourne saints fans to get together for the Wolves game live on T.V. Obviously we would need to first find a place that would be screening the game on a Friday night. Will most likely be one of the clubs most important games, let me know what you guys are thinking.

Cheers Trevor

Well I'm not a Melbornian - but after a bit of surfing came up with this.

"The two best football pubs in Melbourne are, without a doubt, the Charles

Dickens Tavern on Collins St, and the Celtic Club on Queen St. Either of

those, and your mate will get a really good atmosphere. I prefer the vibe

of the Dickens, but the Celtic has a larger TV screen."

Charles Dickens: http://www.melbournepubs.com/v/142/

Celtic Club: http://www.celticclub.com.au/index.html

Friday 10th April - Wolverhapton Vs Saints. ( Unsure if either of the two venues will be showing it - you may want to contact them )

Like I said, I'm not a local - so that could be miles away from you all.

Regardless - good luck for the meet.

Edited by Saint Bones

Just to add to the current options, there's also The Keepers Arms which is a football pub in North Melbourne and even Steakout at Crown which is your stereotypical american style sports bar with numerous TV screens, one of which should have our game.

However the big issue is that it's Good Friday. Will anywhere actually be open?

As long as there's a place to go I'm still in. The Charles Dickens would be my preference too.

G'day again guys.

Failed to notice that the Wolves game happened to fall on Good Friday, hopefully we can still track down a pub that will screen it. Looking forward to this, and it would be great to meet a couple of fellow Saints supporters. Don't come on here that often, now that I can't access the main board, so if you plan on attending Good Friday feel free to add me on Facebook, my emails trevf_101@hotmail.com. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ARGH

Well TV strikes again....

Good result for Palace and as per usual a finger nail biting end to the season

Spot on Bones. I stand to be corrected, but since Saints were relegated on that final day after going down to Man U. I don't think I've seen a win on TV/Sky since ! A little miracle is needed now to stay afloat, don't you think ?

I have a few games on Video and they are all losses. Yup 'seems' sky seems to **** on us.

Mate I think its too late for us this season , although I hope i'm wrong. All I really want is for the club to continue existing. League one is fine as long ass we dont dissapear altogether.

I have a few games on Video and they are all losses. Yup 'seems' sky seems to **** on us.

Mate I think its too late for us this season , although I hope i'm wrong. All I really want is for the club to continue existing. League one is fine as long ass we dont dissapear altogether.

Yep, I agree...It's hard to see a win at Sheffield Wed.....Burnley won't be easy; will we still be capable of staying up by the time the Nott. Forest game comes along ! It's funny how hopes and expectations change as things get grimmer; League 1 as opposed to oblivion is a pretty good outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will be going to Brisbane Roar v Celtic. Not exactly brimming with excitement, but yeah it should be alright. Im much more into the Rugby League.

Anybody who lives in Brisbane have sons/daughters or actually play in the Football Brisbane leagues? I ref them now, in the Redlands and Bayside suburbs. Ha ha haaa

Who else agrees that Australia's (?our?) World Cup bid will be a success? Enjoyed Kevin Rudd's smiley speech about a sport that is most probably relatively foreign to him!!!

I actually think it's got a real shot, and will probably get the 2022 cup, with, hopefully England getting the 2018 slot. Wouldn't that be ideal?!?!

Who else agrees that Australia's (?our?) World Cup bid will be a success? Enjoyed Kevin Rudd's smiley speech about a sport that is most probably relatively foreign to him!!!

I actually think it's got a real shot, and will probably get the 2022 cup, with, hopefully England getting the 2018 slot. Wouldn't that be ideal?!?!

I couldn't understand why we were persisting with putting together a bid for the 2018 World Cup but once FIFA made the announcement that you could bid for the 2018 and 2022 cups together it made perfect sense.

For what it's worth I agree with you. I don't think we'll have a situation where 3 consecutive World Cups are held outside of Europe. And you'd think England would be the strong favourite for 2018 as it is. But for 2022 we've got to be a decent show. It will be 20 years since the World Cup was held in Asia. We've also got the infrastructure and the track record of hosting world class sporting events.

I don't think our winter sports will be a problem. The AFL have already said they would work with the FFA rather than try and cause problems. To be honest, with all of the exposure that our country would receive should it host the World Cup I'd imagine the AFL (and NRL to a smaller degree) would be excited by the possibility to sell the/ir game/s to an international audience. And let's face it, as somebody born and bred on Aussie Rules it is also a great game. Most people I met in Europe on my travels last year were fascinated by it.

• 2 weeks later...
You might see Surman?

Tickets a bit steep, eh?

Yeah - I was wondering that myself. Hope so - Might give him a shout out and try have a quick yarn.

$130 thats for Fri Glory Vs Wolves: Wed Nth Qld Vs Wolves then Glory Vs Fulham

So not too bad.

Hi All,

Assuming that we have a club come kick off on 8th August does anyone know if Fox will be showing the Millwall game? I wouldn;t normally expect them too but as its before the Prem season kicks off was hoping it maybe on ? :)

If not it'll be internet streaming I guess, can't remember the last time I saw us win on the telly, a long time ago anyway!

Cheers