Reserves at Staplewood Tonight

Saint Charlie

Combinations Cup game Vs Bristol City.

Started at 7pm, would be very interesting to know the team as Euell and BWP have played the last couple of reserves games, wonder if they are there....and if there is any other gossip going around.

Edit: Team now on OS, Euell and BWP both start, so unlikely they will be leaving!

Forecast, Dyer, Cork also feature, no Skacel who is probably injured, or Wayne Thomas.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10533

Edited by Saint Charlie
new title

We absolutely gifted them the result by poor finishing in the first half same old Saints.

For 40 minutes we were awesome, pace, passion, movement and skill. The defence with Cork (quality all night) and Lancashire were dealing with the robust Brooker and Lee Trundles guile quite comfortably.

Imudia had a good game until kicked up in the air....something that the ref let go all night against the most physical side I have ever seen at Staplewood.

Fish was outstanding at the back and got forward really well.

I was very impressed with Calum McNish and another one who could come into te squad next season.

Poor old Paterson had one of those nights in front of goal he should of had 4 but to his credit he kept battling and will come good again - he will be a star I think as he has everything to his game it just wasn't his night in front of goal and it happens to the best of them.

BWP worked very hard and deserved his goal but many times he got in good areas but his touch and control let him down.

Euell was really good but his injury where he looked as though he dislocated his shoulder knocked the stuffing out of us as Jason was controlling the middle and adding valuable experience to our young side.

Best player was Nathan worked his socks off and was a pain in Bristols side all night.

Jake left the full back for dead many times and until Euell went off was looking a match winner but he was forced deeper.

We lost 4-2 but should of had at least 6 ourselves !!

Forecast in goal ....worries me a little..for a big bloke doesn't command the 6 yard line and although couldn't get near the first goal I thought he didn't get anywhere near the second which came from a long way out..perhaps thats a bit harsh but I would not want him in above Kelvin yet.

The result flattered Bristol a bit as we should of been out of sight and had Paterson and BWP taken those guilt edge chances we would of won comfortably.

We still have some very good youngsters coming through and the first 40 minutes was a joy to watch. Shame Jason went off as I am sure we could of gone on to win as he was playing very well.

Lost 4-2

I know it's not all his fault but Forecast seems to concede a lot of goals when he's between the sticks. Hopefully there will be a report from those that attended but from the OS the first half seemed to be a one sided affair with Saints dominating. To go down 2-4 seems to tell a helluva different story for the 2nd half.

Thanks GITR for the report.

We absolutely gifted them the result by poor finishing in the first half same old Saints.

For 40 minutes we were awesome, pace, passion, movement and skill. The defence with Cork (quality all night) and Lancashire were dealing with the robust Brooker and Lee Trundles guile quite comfortably.

Imudia had a good game until kicked up in the air....something that the ref let go all night against the most physical side I have ever seen at Staplewood.

I was very impressed with Calum McNish and another one who could come into te squad next season.

Poor old Paterson had one of those nights in front of goal he should of had 4 but to his credit he kept battling and will come good again - he will be a star I think as he has everything to his game it just wasn't his night in front of goal and it happens to the best of them.

BWP worked very hard and deserved his goal but many times he got in good areas but his touch and control let him down.

Euell was really good but his injury where he looked as though he dislocated his shoulder knocked the stuffing out of us as Jason was controlling the middle and adding valuable experience to our young side.

Best player was Nathan worked his socks off and was a pain in Bristols side all night.

Jake left the full back for dead many times and until Euell went off was looking a match winner but he was forced deeper.

Forecast in goal ....worries me a little..for a big bloke doesn't command the 6 yard line and although couldn't get near the first goal I thought he didn't get anywhere near the second which came from a long way out..perhaps thats a bit harsh but I would not want him in above Kelvin yet.

The result flattered Bristol a bit as we should of been out of sight and had Paterson and BWP taken those guilt edge chances we would of won comfortably.

We still have some very good youngsters coming through and the first 40 minutes was a joy to watch. Shame Jason went off as I am sure we could of gone on to win as he was playing very well.

Thanks for the report - up before the OS' own!

Who scored for us then, Thomson and BWP?

Thomson was a deflected shot after good build up and BWP was a well taken finish into the corner after Nathan left the full back for dead and slipped BWP a great pass.

No-one should question his commitment after tonites performance from Nathan and he was tremendously quick and had an end product as well...unusually ;-)

Any gossip about transfers at Staplewood? Who was there watching?

I didn't see anyone ...which is very unusual as John Mortimore is usually there....no managers or players who all must of gone away for a break?

I always stand the dressing room side as you normally get a chance of a word with a manager or an autograph of a player for my nipper but no-one was there..no gossip sorry.

here

I didn't see anyone ...which is very unusual as John Mortimore is usually there....no managers or players who all must of gone away for a break?

I always stand the dressing room side as you normally get a chance of a word with a manager or an autograph of a player for my nipper but no-one was there..no gossip sorry.

Considering the date, most agents, club staff & managers (or chairmen!!!) would be in their offices & making phonecalls to frantically conclude transfers before the transfer deadline at midnight.

Seeing as our great leaders have sold every player not nailed down to the subs bench (& we're left with the dross seniors no-one rightly wants),

there's not really much established talent left so it's no surprise it's quiet!

Completely agree with your report Ron. I thought the kids did exceptionally well against what could be a City first team! First half was exceptional, we held the ball, passed it brilliantly and created some great chances. Jake Thomson was exceptional in midfield, City didn't know quite how to cope with him. Young Paterson as you say, just had one of those nights, he could have had a hat-trick, what I was impressed with was his complete commitment, he won every header, put in some crunching tackles, held the ball up well and ran the line all night - just couldn't get the ball in the net! Saw him after the game he looked gutted - but he can take a lot of pride in his play- he will play first team football for Saints. BWP got a goal but I thought he was poor all round. Dyer never gave up, if he shows this commitment 100% of the time then JP must play him. Think Euell dislocated his shoulder! Young McNish battled well and McLaggon had a couple of good runs in the second half. As you say Ron, the score line flatters City, we lost but we can take a lot of heart from our kids performances.

COYR

I just hope Paterson doesn't take it to heart too much and he looked really down in the last 10 minutes.

That is why I think losing Euell at the time was a big blow as he always seems to help out the youngsters and IMO there is a bit of respect from the young players for him.

I hope one of the management has a kind word in young Pato's ear he is too much of a talent to waste.

I just hope Paterson doesn't take it to heart too much and he looked really down in the last 10 minutes.

That is why I think losing Euell at the time was a big blow as he always seems to help out the youngsters and IMO there is a bit of respect from the young players for him.

I hope one of the management has a kind word in young Pato's ear he is too much of a talent to waste.

I am sure Dave Hockaday will have a quiet word with young Pato. Hockaday rates the young striker highly and I am sure he will tell him just to keep doing what he is doing. Euell I am sure will be off on loan soon (providing his shoulder is ok) but as you say I do think he has quite a calming influence when playing with the youngsters.