Right Side of Team

saintbob40

Let us hope after reserves game Dyer is on his way back with a little more thought to his wing and team play.

Personally I think White and Thomson do a good job out right so choices with the right games and combinations.

Cork at right back and move James into right midfield. James is quite quick, has put in some decent crosses for goals, and with Cork behind would make a very solid right side.

now dyer is here...I would give him a few games to see what he can do with the new coaching set up......

his pace is one thing that will keep an opposing team stretched at the back..like it did when he came on against blackpool..now, if only he could up his ratio at beating a player one-on-one..:cool:

now dyer is here...I would give him a few games to see what he can do with the new coaching set up......

his pace is one thing that will keep an opposing team stretched at the back..like it did when he came on against blackpool..now, if only he could up his ratio at beating a player one-on-one..:cool:

Only if he stops coming inside and plays along the touchline. JP criticised Dyer and White for coming inside and making it difficult to stretch the defence.

Cork at right back and move James into right midfield. James is quite quick, has put in some decent crosses for goals, and with Cork behind would make a very solid right side.

James' pace is what lets him down IMO. He is a defensive midfielder, he should play in the centre, NOT on the wing.

James' pace is what lets him down IMO. He is a defensive midfielder, he should play in the centre, NOT on the wing.

James is a lot quicker than Surman and probably quicker than Holmes, he has demonstrated the ability to get forward and his crosses have provided several goals. If it is ok for Surman to play wide left with his lack of pace, then James would have no problem.

James is a lot quicker than Surman and probably quicker than Holmes, he has demonstrated the ability to get forward and his crosses have provided several goals. If it is ok for Surman to play wide left with his lack of pace, then James would have no problem.

Worth a try with both able to inter change. We have so many options but we must get it right soon with all finding form and in the right combinations.

Really do not understand how James gets a game tbh. I feel he is the weakest link in our team. And when he does do something decent, he ruins it in seconds by making a mistake!

Edited by Golden Balls

Agreed that our right wing is lacking. I would like to see Dyer played more to build up his fitness and stake for a starting first team place. He looks threatening and has the pace to benefit this new system, just needs to train and practice on his weaknesses, like his crossing.

With Holmes wide left and Dyer wide right, and Lallana in the hole, I feel we’ve got a decent attacking triangle. The striker just needs more support and not to sit so deep (or, if he doesn’t, he needs more support from Lallana & co) as we’ve been seriously lacking men in the box to get on the end of the crosses. I’d be interested to see, if only once or twice, how John manages up front with Mc G sat in the hole (or just off the front man) or alternatively Pekhart up front (with Mc G supporting/running off him).

We certainly need to use our right wing more, balance the shape of the squad out, and to have men in the box (which has been seriously lacking) to catch the crosses, be a nuisance to defenders and SCORE GOALS (Too often we have had a pronged attack – i.e. a “V” formation – wings pushed forward [by either of the corner flags] – with the central players/striker sat deep, nearer the centre circle than the goal mouth!

I thought Cork and Lallana teamed up well down the right for the last half an hour at Derby. ...then again I think we all get a bit too excited about our performace at that game-Derby are less than good.

James doesn't play it down the flanks but that may not be his fault...he may lack an outlet. White wandered a lot.

Agreed that our right wing is lacking. I would like to see Dyer played more to build up his fitness and stake for a starting first team place. He looks threatening and has the pace to benefit this new system, just needs to train and practice on his weaknesses, like his crossing.

With Holmes wide left and Dyer wide right, and Lallana in the hole, I feel we’ve got a decent attacking triangle. The striker just needs more support and not to sit so deep (or, if he doesn’t, he needs more support from Lallana & co) as we’ve been seriously lacking men in the box to get on the end of the crosses. I’d be interested to see, if only once or twice, how John manages up front with Mc G sat in the hole (or just off the front man) or alternatively Pekhart up front (with Mc G supporting/running off him).

We certainly need to use our right wing more, balance the shape of the squad out, and to have men in the box (which has been seriously lacking) to catch the crosses, be a nuisance to defenders and SCORE GOALS (Too often we have had a pronged attack – i.e. a “V” formation – wings pushed forward [by either of the corner flags] – with the central players/striker sat deep, nearer the centre circle than the goal mouth!

I see you in the new light Gordon now you have attained your coaching badges. You will be known to me as Coach Mockles from now.

It is interesting how we are all coming up with these formations with these youngsters. Just think what the coaches are doing with seeing them in training every day.

Lets hope they get it right soon, we need results to keep the ship steady. If not its over to you Coach Mockles.

Originally Posted by Arizona

Holmes on the left

Skacel in the hole

Lallana on the right

Looks like a very attacking creative line-up to me. Should chip in with a fair few goals too.

I agree, but something just feels wrong about it. Not sure what.

There's a hole in it.

Left side is a hell of a lot stronger than the right. Llyod James gave a silly free kick away against Cardiff leading to the goal, then Jamie White gave away the pen last week. Don't get me wrong I think both will be great prospects in the future but at the moment they look a bit too raw. Whereas the left side has Surman's relative experience alongside the obvious quality of Holmes.

However, I don't think playing Dyer there will be any better, as he is poor defensively as well and would give James no cover. Maybe BWP would be an option out there, but I definitely think that is the weakest area of our team so far this season.

Left side is a hell of a lot stronger than the right. Llyod James gave a silly free kick away against Cardiff leading to the goal, then Jamie White gave away the pen last week. Don't get me wrong I think both will be great prospects in the future but at the moment they look a bit too raw. Whereas the left side has Surman's relative experience alongside the obvious quality of Holmes.

However, I don't think playing Dyer there will be any better, as he is poor defensively as well and would give James no cover. Maybe BWP would be an option out there, but I definitely think that is the weakest area of our team so far this season.

I would like to see Cork given a go at RB and White at RM

White has to learn to play wide first, I was surprised they waited for half time to replace him. Thompson, BWP, Dyer, would be better but only if they play wide and come only to the six yd box to cover the far post when the play is down the left.

James in front of Cork would give a much more solid right side. James is stronger than the others. better in the air, to attack on the back post and he does get back and tackle, Still that is just my opinion, I see little little sign of it happening.

The other way would be Cork in front of James, but I prefer the first option.

Lallana on the right is the only answer. Then you can either bring another attacking player into midfield (DMG or Skacel) or beef it up with Wotton or Euell, pushing Schneiderlin forward.

Other options for the right...

BWP - ****ing useless. I will be ****ed off if JP even tries this.

Dyer - fast, brainless, pretty useless

Thomson - Not ready IMO - Jury still out though

DMG - Doesn't look comfortable out there

White - Not yet.