Pub for Swindon - Away

The Fat Controller

I have contacted the management at The Merlin Pub which is 5 minutes away from The County Ground.

They are willing to accept Southampton supporters to the pub and will also welcome children. Please note that parking restrictions in Swindon are a bloody nightmare and very expensive to park in The County ground Car park.

The Merlin

Grove Rd

Swindon, SN1 3AF

01793 431496‎

The pubs in Swindon Town Centre will be heavily policed throughout the afternoon.- see you in there

Theres a tesco next door but they are starting to get wise to football fans leaving cars there. There is a cricket club directly next door to the ground that is used for parking - £5 per car.

Swindon is not used to that level of away support. I personally don't think the Tesco car park will bear the strain of that many away supporters. And I also suspect Tesco will put an attendant out to catch the unwary. Recommendation: don't rely on it.

There are a number of car parks in Swindon and since it's a postage stamp sized town centre you can park in any one of them and only have a 15 minute walk. Spring Gardens is closest but the Wyvern, Fleming Way and John Street are little further on being in the very town centre. Town centre to County Ground = 15 min walk max. If those fill up try further afield at the Brunel.

Swindon is not used to that level of away support. I personally don't think the Tesco car park will bear the strain of that many away supporters. And I also suspect Tesco will put an attendant out to catch the unwary. Recommendation: don't rely on it.

There are a number of car parks in Swindon and since it's a postage stamp sized town centre you can park in any one of them and only have a 15 minute walk. Spring Gardens is closest but the Wyvern, Fleming Way and John Street are little further on being in the very town centre. Town centre to County Ground = 15 min walk max. If those fill up try further afield at the Brunel.

Nearly forgot the Bus Station. All car parks mentioned are council owned multi-storey.

You could, of course, combine a football match with a shopping trip to Tescos - you would then be legally parked.

You could, of course, combine a football match with a shopping trip to Tescos - you would then be legally parked.

I thought about that but even my missus would have got bored in Tesco's for 4 hours, so dropping her at family friends in Wotton Bassett in afternoon and then drive into Swindon from west later with 2 sons

If you get there early enough before it fills up. There could also be patrols checking for 2 hour max stay. My girlfriend has been busted twice by Tesco in Swansea for staying for 2.5 hours and she was in the store all that time (who knows why though?). And thats an out of town store nowhere near the football ground.

If anyone in the West Swindon area fancy a beer, we're gonna be in The Windmill in Freshbrook from 5

Used to be my local - I lived about 100yrds away up Worsley Road...oh happy days!

Look out for Swindon Matt he lives just up the road in Wooton Bassett - There used to be a pub on the way to there called Sally Pusseys...make of that what you will but the food and drink were excellent!

Used to be my local - I lived about 100yrds away up Worsley Road...oh happy days!

Look out for Swindon Matt he lives just up the road in Wooton Bassett - There used to be a pub on the way to there called Sally Pusseys...make of that what you will but the food and drink were excellent!

You must have lived by me then. I'm in Pendennis Road about 100 yards away from The Windmill.

Sally Pussys does a great carvery on a sunday!

My Dad thought it would be a good idea to go in the Arkell's pub or whatever it's called right near the ground, so I took off my Saints jacket and we went in and had a pint, sat out in the beer garden listening to Swindon fans in Stone Island clothing talking about wanting to do over some Saints fans, and doing a 'repeat of Cardiff', whatever happened there... I didn't fancy shouting too loud I was a Saints fan in there!

My Dad thought it would be a good idea to go in the Arkell's pub or whatever it's called right near the ground, so I took off my Saints jacket and we went in and had a pint, sat out in the beer garden listening to Swindon fans in Stone Island clothing talking about wanting to do over some Saints fans, and doing a 'repeat of Cardiff', whatever happened there... I didn't fancy shouting too loud I was a Saints fan in there!

Blimey, it's starting to sound like the 'bad old days' are rearing it's ugly head again. they must be bored out of their skulls, whater is wrong with some oy our youngsters. I don'te get it, I really dont.

Never mind..

Blimey, it's starting to sound like the 'bad old days' are rearing it's ugly head again. they must be bored out of their skulls, whater is wrong with some oy our youngsters. I don'te get it, I really dont.

Never mind..

THEY.................LIVE...............IN.................SWINDON

HTH

:cool:

Caps for emphasis MM

I was in there from about 5-7! ended up in the backgarden next to a loada angry swindon fans. commenting about how they could spot a saints fan as they look sheepish and wanting to have some trouble. While im sat right next to them waiting for my old man to turn up (stealing the pubs wireless on saints web ;)). I was sat there smirking i must admit. dude jeans a T-shirt and braces are NOT cool.

I was in there from about 5-7! ended up in the backgarden next to a loada angry swindon fans. commenting about how they could spot a saints fan as they look sheepish and wanting to have some trouble. While im sat right next to them waiting for my old man to turn up (stealing the pubs wireless on saints web ;)). I was sat there smirking i must admit. dude jeans a T-shirt and braces are NOT cool.

Haha I was in there from about 6:45 to 7:25-ish, and I heard all that 'fighting talk' too... I swear I heard one of them say in a menacing tone "It's a good job they don't let away fans come in here"...:rolleyes:... I thought it was quite cool having a drink in their 'manor' as my dad put it, sitting there in amongst all their 'hardcore' who wanted to fight us Saints fans.

very limited off street parking especially off queens drive. The Bulldog pub on queens drive is a no go area so be warned.... full of **** heads

Safest best is to meet up in the merlin and it is kid friendly for those going to the game with a family

no go?!! :confused:

for swindon fans yesterday maybe :D