Portsmouth Transfer Embargo

RedAndWhite91

I imagine the PL did it because they owe a lot of people money and after having 3 owners in over a month they have yet to pay those people. What i want to know is if they continue to not pay people then why are they not in admin? If they are defaulting on their loans/commitments then they must be near to going bankrupt. The whole thing stinks.

I guess the most probable explanation as to why they aren't in admin is that they are a Premier League club. It seems the PL governing bodies and the FA just won't let a PL team go into admin, you look at the debts of United for example, they are obscene, but they won't be going into admin soon. I think the final nail in the coffin will be when Pompey get relegated, but until then I forsee more embargoes and let offs by the FA, whilst dodgy Arabian businessmen toy with the club and look to make a "quick profit" from it.

I guess the most probable explanation as to why they aren't in admin is that they are a Premier League club. It seems the PL governing bodies and the FA just won't let a PL team go into admin, you look at the debts of United for example, they are obscene, but they won't be going into admin soon. I think the final nail in the coffin will be when Pompey get relegated, but until then I forsee more embargoes and let offs by the FA, whilst dodgy Arabian businessmen toy with the club and look to make a "quick profit" from it.

They are not in administration because the creditors have not yet pulled the plug and called in their loans. The Premier League can help by trying to get creditors to give Pompey more time but they can't stop it happening if the creditors decide to cut their losses.

Man United will not be going into administration despite the size of their debt because they are servicing it and are not defaulting on repayments.

How much a business owes has nothing to do with it - it is failure to meet repayments which opens up the possibility of administration.

They are not in administration because the creditors have not yet pulled the plug and called in their loans. The Premier League can help by trying to get creditors to give Pompey more time but they can't stop it happening if the creditors decide to cut their losses.

Man United will not be going into administration despite the size of their debt because they are servicing it and are not defaulting on repayments.

How much a business owes has nothing to do with it - it is failure to meet repayments which opens up the possibility of administration.

Fair play, I understand it a bit better now. I guess Pompey don't have the same sort of revenue United brings in through sponsorship and merchandising. Poor old Pompey :D

Perhaps they should consider appointing Rupert to sort the finances out

Storrie & Lowe. What a 'dream', (or nightmare) team.

Lowe didn't leave us in the sh1t financially when he was ousted hth. Be interesting to see how many pompey players will have to leave in the transfer window leaving them with a reserve squad for the remainder of the season. It just gets better