Who is your player of the season so far?

The Fat Controller

Who has been our player of the season so far?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been our player of the season so far?

• Harding
    • Jaidi
    • Lambert
    • Papa Waigo
    • Hammond
    • Schneiderlin
    • Lallana
    • Connolly
    • Trotman
    • Davis

Connolly for me because he looks sheer class in this Division.

Having said that, Lambert would be second because he does score goals. And he has more to his game than I first realised.

Jaidi third. I know he has his mobility limitations but he can be massive.

Fourth Lallana - When he get's a bit less frustrating and slightly more consistent then no reason why he can't take over from Connolly.

I always find Harding leaves the right winger with far too much space rather than getting touch-tight. It usually doesn't matter because he's got the pace to make up for it but he's going to get caught out before too long. The Southend winger took the **** out of him for 70 minutes before he got subbed.

Lallana, Lambert and Hammond have all been a lot better than Harding, really suprised anyone is even considering him.

Harding may leave wingers space, but he is seldom beaten by them. I find it odd that people criticise him for standing off wingers. It's exactly what a full back should do IMO, especially against a winger with pace.

Just look at Antonio. When fullbacks stick to him he just flicks the ball 10 yards past them and then does them for pace. As soon as defenders learned to stand off him, he ran out of ideas and struggled to get past them.

I was at Southend. Their RM looked like their best player. He may have had the pace and skills, but he didn't get past Harding all night. So far this season I can't remember him making a major mistake, or any goals we've conceded coming from a cross from the right.

I don't think you can look past Lambert or Lallana with honourable mentions going to Hammond and Morgan.

Harding really isn't that great player (or left back) he would definitely get shown up at a higher level.

Bit harsh that James isn't on there as he's played more games than anyone else.

I think I already said "I'm not bothered if he runs as long as he scores", I just don't think he's anywhere near our best player at the moment. Lallana, Jaidi and Hammond have all clearly done better in my opinion, and Lambert is in the "good but not yet outstanding" category.

He's doing well, but so are plenty of others.

Incredible how we can all watch the same game but have such differing opinions isn't it. I think Jaidi has been a liability at the back recently, he was shocking against Brighton (as was Trottman) and very poor against Wycombe when only Perry's reading of the game and covering tackles saved us from conceding at least one goal. I did think he had a decent game at Walsall though.

FWIW, my votes would go to Lambert, Lallana and Connolly in that order (with Hammond just missing out) simply because we've been electric going forward and pretty poor defensively. You only need to look at the goals for and against columns to confirm that.

Having said that, if Connolly stays fit for the rest of the season I fully expect him to be player of the season as he is a different class in this league.