Who is your player of the season so far?

The Fat Controller

Who has been our player of the season so far?  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been our player of the season so far?

• Harding
    • Jaidi
    • Lambert
    • Papa Waigo
    • Hammond
    • Schneiderlin
    • Lallana
    • Connolly
    • Trotman
    • Davis

but who is your Saints Player of the season so far.

Personally I thought the commentary from MK Dons was good. Hartlepool's wasn't too bad. Solent have been rubbish all season, and should be moved on in January, or loaned out.

JMHO FWIW

Nice to have a dilemma about who is best rather than who is the worst!

I think that's a reflection on where we are as a Club right now. It's been a long time since the feel-good factor has been around our club and it makes it a lot more enjoyable to be a supporter than the previous 5 years gave us.

I'm going to go for Hammond - he may not stand out as much as the others with goals/asists etc (but his goal count is quite healthy) - but you cannot hide away from the complete turn around in results since we've had him in the middle.

just checked the stats - since his debut against brentford (16 league games ago) - we've only lost 2 games!

thats unheard of!

Edited by S-Clarke

Hammond by far. He's just got everything you need from a midfielder in this league and he's forming a great partnership with Morgan. Hopefully those two will be the spine of our team for a few seasons.

Lallana and Lambert second and third, Connolly will be up there at the end of the season if he carries on like he has been.

I've added a poll but I can only put 10 options. I think these are probably our 10 best so far this season but let me know if you disagree!

We could always do a poll first on "who is your second favourite player of the season so far" and then exclude the winner from the subsequent real "player of the season so far" poll, much like we saw in that really odd Saints Best ever 11 A team/B team poll thing during the summer.

Lambert has probably had the biggest impact. Even when he has an off day he's scoring and creating goals - goals that have given the rest of the squad the confidence needed.

It could be argued that Lallana is the most improved player (is it an improvement to recapture your form?), that Hammond plays a more important team role, that Connolly is a cut above or that Jaidi, Harding and Davis have enabled us to build from the back. However without Lambert's goals we might never have reached the 'winning' mentality that seems to be driving us up the table.

Lambert for me, a real leader of the line who has made a massive impact, not just as a goalscorer but also as a forward thinking playmaker, his ability to bring other players into the game is excellent.

Lallana is also a sound choice, as would be Jaidi. But for overall effect on us as a team it is Ricky for me.

Lambert has probably had the biggest impact. Even when he has an off day he's scoring and creating goals - goals that have given the rest of the squad the confidence needed.

It could be argued that Lallana is the most improved player (is it an improvement to recapture your form?), that Hammond plays a more important team role, that Connolly is a cut above or that Jaidi, Harding and Davis have enabled us to build from the back. However without Lambert's goals we might never have reached the 'winning' mentality that seems to be driving us up the table.

Lallana has improved his consistency more than anything. But i'd say the most improved player overall is Morgan.

He seems to have added an extra ''bite'' to his game, he went messing way too much last season and even in the early parts of this season - but he's improved so quickly.

Morgan, James and Lallana have all improved considerably on last season now they're in a more confident team. A lot of credit has to go to Pardew for, he's really made them look like footballers.

They're only going to keep improving as well. Hopefully we can keep hold of them for a while.

I don't remember if anybody posted such a poll this time last season; certainly, had they done so it would have been horribly depressing, with Kelvin the only realistic candidate by virtue of saving us from any number of tonkings.

Right now it's a really difficult choice - I've voted for Lambert, but Lallana is mightily close. And there are a few others not far behind too. How refreshing is that?

That is a very good & tough question as for different reasons it could be 7 or 8 players Murty Jaihdi Harding have all done well so have Spiderman Hammond & Connolly but the two that really stand out are Lallana & Lambert.

Lallana has made so much progress this season he has gone from being a fantastic talent with little end product to what is fast becoming the real deal he is my most improved player.

Lambert has come in with a big price tag & reputation and lived upto both not easy he leads the line is top scorer in the league and leads the way for assists he works battles & can play but most importantly scores so for me he is the winner.

Adam is the man..Closely followed by Rickieee but by the end of the season David Connolly will be the man..

Good to see so many choices..Spiderman ..improving every game..Hammond, Jaidi AND OF COURSE ...Harding.

COYRs......The TEAM at the end of the day....Not forgetting The real stars..Pards and staff and NC AND ML. AND THE SAINTS FANS...brilliant.

All worthy nominations, indeeed if the original question had asked 'Who are your five players of the season so far?' then: Lambert, Lallana, Spider, Hammond, Connolly, wouldn't be far away. If we extend that to include Jaidi, Harding, and Waigo, we can get to 8 plausible nominations before we even approach our perrenial player of the year who has held that position pretty much uncontested for the past 2-3 years.

As a single measure of our progress it is mightily reassuring to see we now have up to 8 players who have been playing above the level of KD. Long may that continue!

Not a pop at KD in any way but to para-phrase Hanson 'You'll win nothing if your GK is your player of the season!'

Voted for Harding.

Everyone has been, quite rightly, raving about Lambert and Lallana. Harding has been just as good at his job and probably more consistent than the other two. The problem is being a FB is less spectacular than scoring 50 goals a season, hence he only has 5 votes. :(

Exactly what I was thinking but very eloquently put. I'll go for Lambert but only because he's scoring all the goals. :rolleyes:

That is a very good & tough question as for different reasons it could be 7 or 8 players Murty Jaihdi Harding have all done well so have Spiderman Hammond & Connolly but the two that really stand out are Lallana & Lambert.

Lallana has made so much progress this season he has gone from being a fantastic talent with little end product to what is fast becoming the real deal he is my most improved player.

Lambert has come in with a big price tag & reputation and lived upto both not easy he leads the line is top scorer in the league and leads the way for assists he works battles & can play but most importantly scores so for me he is the winner.

Lallana for me for one reason. His ability and ball skills are easily recognised however he spoiled this with a lack of discipline and team play but at last he seems to be getting the point about team play.

He is now playing with discipline, tracking the opposition runners and helping out the full back, that together with playing like a proper wide player, providing decent width and getting into the middle to keep up his threat on goal makes him easily the most improved player, consequently because of the unexpected sea change in the way he is now playing, to date our man of the season.

Only Lallana has been impressive for us in nearly every game and has worked his socks off non-stop, even at the start of the season when we weren't winning. It's that kinda of mentality that others pick up on and it can provide leadership and motivational impetus when things aren't going so well.

I have to say I'm with those who think Lambert's workrate has dropped significantly in the last month, but as long as he stands around scoring goals I didn't really care. I just think he's an easy option for people to pick without contributing anything like as much as some other players have.

I can remember a few games where Harding has looked shaky, plus the amount of fouls he commits and how much time he spends whining goes against him for me. Great player mind.

Harding started the season really well - I voted for him for September player of the month - but his performances have dropped off a fair bit now he's not got so much to do. He seems to stand off his man a bit too much, and he's less effective at crossing than he was early on, probably because he's not getting forward as much, or maybe because he's got less support in front of him when he is challenged, with us attacking in numbers more often.

I think Harding has been one of our worst players (although seeing as we have been pretty good, that doesn't actually mean I think he is a bad player) and seems to be not to be a great defender. Looks like Mills might get a game soon with Harding closing in on suspension, but there isn't much competition for the left-back berth right now.

Harding started really well and then had a dip in his form. I think however, he's played well in the last few games and interchanged with Lallana really well on Saturday. That said, I would go for Lallana, followed by Lambert for PoS to date. Much closer than last season though. KD already had it sewn up by now.

I always find Harding leaves the right winger with far too much space rather than getting touch-tight. It usually doesn't matter because he's got the pace to make up for it but he's going to get caught out before too long. The Southend winger took the **** out of him for 70 minutes before he got subbed.

Lallana, Lambert and Hammond have all been a lot better than Harding, really suprised anyone is even considering him.

Get over yourself.

His job is to score and set up goals. Something he happens to be very good at.

What do you want him to be doing? tackling back in the left back position?

I think I already said "I'm not bothered if he runs as long as he scores", I just don't think he's anywhere near our best player at the moment. Lallana, Jaidi and Hammond have all clearly done better in my opinion, and Lambert is in the "good but not yet outstanding" category.

He's doing well, but so are plenty of others.

Can't the owner of the site change the settings so that you can have more options in a poll. Just a thought.

In a poll of ten options, where two of the ten have secured nigh-on 80% of the votes, I can't seen any desperate need for more options. Just a thought.