Does anyone have...

NorthamSteve

A picture of Iain Dowie from the day at Palace when he scored a hat-trick (maybe) in a 3-1 and he ripped his shirt open like superman in his celebration? I'm pretty sure it was on the front of the following home programme.

I was reminded by this kit...

Southampton-92-Yellow.jpg

Was he ripping his shirt in celebration or disgust?

His shirt was ripped by the opposition centre half, possibly Andy Thorn. He scored 2 goals in a 2-o win. Still looking for the photo.

ok this then. Still, that picture of him after that game, I remember it was a hot day and his face looked as if it was melting. But you couldn't really tell.

ok this then. Still, that picture of him after that game, I remember it was a hot day and his face looked as if it was melting. But you couldn't really tell.

Yeah. My wife always said he was just too damn ugly to play for saints.

Ah the memories ..... " Head it DOWN Dowie! "

..shouted at the Dell nearly as often as "FORWARD Magilton"

K.

you'd think that I would be posting to tell you where to get the picture of Dowie.....

but infact I'm just replying to tell you that the picture on the front of the next programme was different and was this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-93-SOUTHAMPTON-V-GILLINGHAM-League-Cup_W0QQitemZ270540095994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET?hash=item3efd7241fa

Could have told you that last week, but didn't have £5

you'd think that I would be posting to tell you where to get the picture of Dowie.....

but infact I'm just replying to tell you that the picture on the front of the next programme was different and was this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-93-SOUTHAMPTON-V-GILLINGHAM-League-Cup_W0QQitemZ270540095994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET?hash=item3efd7241fa

Could have told you that last week, but didn't have £5

Well at least I can console myself with the fact that you didn't have £5 to take the ****.

Ok, maybe it was in it, or in the echo? I'd have to go to my folks place to rummage through my programmes and find out...

Well at least I can console myself with the fact that you didn't have £5 to take the ****.

Ok, maybe it was in it, or in the echo? I'd have to go to my folks place to rummage through my programmes and find out...

no taking **** intended! Back under my rock...

Yeah. My wife always said he was just too damn ugly to play for saints.

Ah the memories ..... " Head it DOWN Dowie! "

..shouted at the Dell nearly as often as "FORWARD Magilton"

K.

"Get your face on it Dowie!!!!" is another gem I seem to remember....

Op:

Was that the day when he scored a booming dipping left foot volley?

In fact, did he ever do that? Maybe I'm imagining it. It seems odder and odder, curiouser, the more I think about it but I'm sure I saw him do that at Selhurst Park once.

Op:

Was that the day when he scored a booming dipping left foot volley?

In fact, did he ever do that? Maybe I'm imagining it. It seems odder and odder, curiouser, the more I think about it but I'm sure I saw him do that at Selhurst Park once.

Hmmm, maybe. I remember that he scored something of a belter....