Volunteer Position - football manager required!

Crab Lungs

SHAMELESS PLUG... Hope you don't mind :)

Dear all

After a 2 year hiatus, I have almost finished rebuilding 'FC Santos' - a football team I used to enthusiastically play for before injury/motivation/relocation arised. The home/away kits, training equipment, potential sponsors and players have been sourced, as has all the paperwork. It's fair to say we're almost there.

However, whilst we have sought to 'professionalise' the club as much as possible, there are still a few loose ends that need to be tied up before the end of the season. Most important of which is the position of first team manager (or football management consultant, whichever title you prefer!)

So, before I go regional with my advertisement I would like to offer the position to anyone who might be interested in taking up the role for next season.

Traditionally this is a thankless position that requires a lot of time, effort and management.

However, we've devised a unique set up which allows the manager to just go ahead and 'manage' and 'coach' the team whilst all administration duties are shared between the chairman, secretary and treasurer. From an organisational perspective, it's pretty easy going - we've just got to find the right person to take us forward on the pitch.

The team (pending readmittance) will be playing in the Meon Valley Football League for 2010-11 season and will be based in Hamble. Most games are Sunday afternoon kick offs (2pm) so if you like your 'Super Sunday' games on Sky it'll probably be a turn off for you.

FC Santos currently have 16-18 exisiting squad members though with a couple of additions to it we could really achieve something next season. They're all good lads and the overwhelming consensus is that they wish for the club to source a manager who comes from outside our 'clique' or 'circle of friends' so that is what I am doing right now... putting it out there!

There are very few pre-requisites for the position... Previous coaching/management experience is preferential but not essential. The basic requisites are pretty simple, really. If you feel you could commit one Thursday evening and a Sunday towards the football club and truly relish the challenge of managing your own team.

Serious applications only please.... I know what you lot are like. ;)

There are a few more details to follow but these are the basics for now. For more information or to register an interest, please email: club@fc-santos.co.uk

*** We are also recruiting players for next season, though the manager will obviously determine where he feels the team needs strengthening. We intend to have trials during pre-season (July/August) so if you'd like to be kept informed as to when these take place, please also email: club@fc-santos.co.uk

I have 6 bags of Wembley footballs in my lock up, I got yellow ones, blue ones, stripey ones and white ones.

And I have cones.

And pegs.

If you get really stuck and you want a manager, I'll do it, but my rules are final.

Sadly, young Pete, not everything is smooth running in life.

How is your leg?

PS: Back from Spain now, jacked WW in...

You might want to change your location then... glad to see the matches are 2pm kick offs anyway, awesome.

I have 6 bags of Wembley footballs in my lock up, I got yellow ones, blue ones, stripey ones and white ones.

And I have cones.

And pegs.

If you get really stuck and you want a manager, I'll do it, but my rules are final.

Interesting... though I thought you were based in Spain? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?