Bale Transfer - Future Payments?

SaintAmongSkates

Mods - Couldn't see this anywhere but feel to lock if already covered.

Just seen the latest rumour on Bale transfer to Manure in the summer. Got me thinking, even though we now have investment available for the squad, how much (if anything) would we get either in the form of a sell on clause from the original Bale transfer deal, or an extra payment if Spuds make the Champions League? He's starting to look like a better 'future income stream' than Theo given all his injuries.

Mods - Couldn't see this anywhere but feel to lock if already covered.

Just seen the latest rumour on Bale transfer to Manure in the summer. Got me thinking, even though we now have investment available for the squad, how much (if anything) would we get either in the form of a sell on clause from the original Bale transfer deal, or an extra payment if Spuds make the Champions League? He's starting to look like a better 'future income stream' than Theo given all his injuries.

I think Lowe did a deal with Arsenal and settled all of Theos future payments for a one off payment when trying to stave off administration.

I think Lowe did a deal with Arsenal and settled all of Theos future payments for a one off payment when trying to stave off administration.

If I remember correctly Crouch settled early with Arse over Theo and Lowe/Wilde did the Bale deal.

Charming, the initial poster lives amongst the skates and he comes on amongst his own only to get a load of sarky comments. Get a life some of you.

The answer to the origianal question is that we lost any future transfer payments when we had to go cap in hand to get the transfers paid up early.

It is sickening but that was the consequence of getting into serious debt. the same will go dfor any player we have sold uin the past I suspect.