Watch yourself in So'ton pubs when watching the World cup

Toadhall Saint

I think they are pushing the "football related" side of things a bit far now.

My guess is they haven't met their quota for banning orders this year, so will be looking to boost the figures over the summer to justify their presence next season.

and if any lads on a night out for the USA or Algeria games (saturday and friday nights), there should be plenty of easy pickings for them!! I guess if they dont go to games anyway most friday night town p*ssheads wont care anyway.

EDIT - also slightly missing the point, banning orders were originally brought in to stop hooligans travelling abroad for England games, if these people are in England during the world cup anyway stopping them travelling seems a bit pointless!

Is that FanZone thing still going ahead down phase 3 (or whatever it is ) of West Quay?

They said that there aren't going to be any around the South this time.

Anyway, this is ****ing stupid. Be on your guards people, and if it goes to penalties, go down the Avenue or somewhere else quiet. ;)

According to todays echo if you are involved in violence while watching an England game in a pub you'll get a banning order from all grounds in the country.

They did this during the last one, i cant remember exactly what happened but there was a few acts of vandalism in a small town like Crawley and about 5 people involved were given football banning orders as the offence was supposedly football related. This is utterly pointless and total nonsense as

1/ As JRM says, football banning orders were initally intended to stop 'hooligans' from travelling abroad for England games

2/ A football banning order only stops you going into the ground, or in some circumstances within a designated radius of it, it doesn't prevent you entering City Centres or pubs if the grounds are outside of this radius, if the incident happens in a pub when the game is over 5000 miles away surely a pub banning order is more apt?

3/ How do they know the person who commits the offence has been watching the game or it has anything to do with the game? If a bloke watches a match in a pub, or even just happens to be in a pub that happens to have a game on then has a fight an hour later because some other bloke pinched his birds arse (not that she should be there watching football anyway but thats another issue) does he still get a football banning order because he is in a pub and had been watching football even though the incident is totally unrelated. They are going well over the top with the football related thing now, its becoming ridiculous and an excuse to get headlines again.

Oh my god, i've just read it, they have codenamed it 'operation Mulse' how dramatic. They will be running a special operation (i wonder what they will call that one) at Southampton Airport to prevent thugs trying to make their way to South Africa, obviously everyone flying to South Africa will be doing it via Southampton Airport wont they. Southampton-Malaga-Madrid-South Africa, just to have a scrap with a few foreigners, f*ck me i didn't realise all football thugs were millionaries too. And if you are already banned make sure you hand your passort in or you'll be subject to....., wait for it, yet another special operation - to 'raid' your home. Three special operations for 109 people banned in Hampshire, thats pretty impressive and for the rest of us, you go easy, or you will be dealt with robustly, no doubt by another special operation.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't stand up in court, it's just a threat from the authorities as usual. They used the banning orders to stop 'hooligans' from travelling to England games as you mentioned, then again, they haven't managed to stop everyone from travelling.

According to todays echo if you are involved in violence while watching an England game in a pub you'll get a banning order from all grounds in the country.

I can't see them being able to pin a football banning order on you if you appeal.

It's just a load of flexing of muscles, I notice the Southampton FI Officer was on South Today 2 nights ago talking rubbish.

I can't see them being able to pin a football banning order on you if you appeal.

It's just a load of flexing of muscles, I notice the Southampton FI Officer was on South Today 2 nights ago talking rubbish.

If they want to make it stick it will (with a few minor exceptions) - you should know that Stu - I mean how many banning orders have you seen being overturned? The magistrates & courts in general side with OB on this kind of thing.

I can see it now - someone being banned for over exuberance(sic).

All I can say is that the OB are setting there stall out, people need to be aware of it. Do I agree with the OB ........... Hell no!

what was he saying?

has he had the operation to remove the video camera stuck to his eye yet?

Thing is some drunk local thug' date=' who doesn't go to football could walk up to me and pick a fight with me for no reason and hit me, I would then retaliate through instinct and self defence and then get a banning order for my troubles.[/quote']

My instinct would be to run away and live to (not) fight another day ;)