How can they do this?

Turkish

This does seem farcical. I'm realy surprised they are able to do this.

Mind you any one know if they'll be allowed to join the football League, I remember there was some question as to whether we'd be allowed allowed back in if we weren't out of admin in time.

I asked this question and the reply was it is a better asset to have someone who has a contract. ie. They could command a fee I they needed to be sold also makes the club a bit more attractive.

My personal views are that that no club should be able to iffe contracts to anyone while they are in admin. Simple! Should not matter what position they hold wihin the club.

It is disgusting, offering contracts to an England goalkeeper, touring the USA, all while they have money unpaid to CHARITIES and LOCAL SCHOOLS.

I really hope that come June 1st and they officially become members of the football league (hopefully while still in administration) an announcement is made on points deductions etc.

From where I am sitting they have not been punished at all.

Until the money owed to the taxman is paid in full they should have a transfer embargo in place stopping any new players from joining the club. Why should the country, all set to go through cuts and tax rises, allow a business who deliberately didn't pay taxes to carry on trading.

It is disgusting, offering contracts to an England goalkeeper, touring the USA, all while they have money unpaid to CHARITIES and LOCAL SCHOOLS.

I really hope that come June 1st and they officially become members of the football league (hopefully while still in administration) an announcement is made on points deductions etc.

From where I am sitting they have not been punished at all.

Until the money owed to the taxman is paid in full they should have a transfer embargo in place stopping any new players from joining the club. Why should the country, all set to go through cuts and tax rises, allow a business who deliberately didn't pay taxes to carry on trading.

Pretty sure that all the minor creditors owed under £2500 have already been paid off at full amount by Chainrai.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2010/05/its_a_fudge_not_a_fairytale.html

"Only a cynic would suggest this gesture takes 235 of the club's 422 creditors out of the equation whilst only costing £180,000 but the world is full of cynics and there were a couple in the Victory Lounge. I think they may have been on the wrong side of £2,500"

You're right about the "deliberately didn't pay taxes" bit though.