Charity Match at SMS - Saturday 22nd May, 4pm

stevegrant

I've been asked to publicise a charity match that is taking place at St Mary's on Saturday 22nd May, kickoff 4pm between locally-based employees of Veho and NatWest, raising money for the Breakthrough breast cancer charity.

Entry is £3 for adults, £1 for kids, and a 2-adult, 2-kid family ticket is £6.

The Itchen Suite will also be open after the game (between 6 and 8pm) for food and drink, and there will be a raffle to raise further funds.

For further details, call Nicki Secker on 07920 252563.

If you can't make it but would like to make a donation to this worthy cause, you can visit http://www.justgiving.com/veho-challenge-cup-NW

I was there to see my mate playing for Veho. Unfortunately, we had no option but to sit in the Itchen in the blazing sunshine and weren't given the option of sitting higher up the stand in the shade. It was too much for my two year old lad so we had to leave before a goal was scored, but my mate informs me they lost 4-1 with all but one of the goals scored in the 2nd half.

Scaffolding all over the Northam at the moment - looks like they're painting the ceiling/underside of roof. FlyBe logo still prominent in the Kingsland too.

Scaffolding all over the Northam at the moment - looks like they're painting the ceiling/underside of roof. FlyBe logo still prominent in the Kingsland too.

I hope they don't throw me out when one of my shots hits the scaffolding, causing things to fall down.

Unfortunately, we had no option but to sit in the Itchen in the blazing sunshine and weren't given the option of sitting higher up the stand in the shade.

That was a bit harsh. I walked around the pitch but spent most of the time in the shade on the Kingsland sideline.

Natwest opened the scoring about three minutes before halftime and the striker completed a back somersault Rob Earnshaw would have been proud of.

4630582592_4f424da4c6_o.jpg

:lol:

Would be a special effort as the scaffolding is from about row Z backwards!!

And only in the Kingsland/Northam corner.

SMS panoramic

That was a bit harsh. I walked around the pitch but spent most of the time in the shade on the Kingsland sideline.

Not harsh at all. The steward made it quite clear on arrival where we could and couldn't go. Didn't spoil what was a lovely afternoon, but the direct sunshine was too much for my lad.

Nice panaoramic, by the way.

I was one of the organizers/players from the Veho side, it was a great day and I felt honoured to grace the hallowed turf. Walking down the tunnel and lining up on pitch to the Champions League theme was a real m,oment to remember.

It was pretty firm under foot so you will need moulded boots. One of our players changed to astro's at half time as the pitch wouldn't take a stud. The surface was like a bowling green.

Thanks to Al for the pictures, there are some great action shots.

Thanks to Al for the pictures, there are some great action shots.

Thanks. I had a really good day covering it.

There's quite a lot of rubbish in there too, but I wanted to try and show as many people as possible, so where normally only 5-10% of my pictures might make it to public eyes, this set is probably a third of the total I shot on the day.