Footy withdrawal symptoms

1976_Child

No football now for nearly a month. Couldn't make last game of season. Starting to shake uncontrollably. Went down the pub to watch the Champions League Final. Crap game. Munchen were cack. Still shaking. Need footie. When does the world cup start..

.. and when are the season tixs going on sale?

.. ahhhh! Cannae bare the silence! At least this time last year we had the 'joy' of waking up with the possibility the club was never going to rise again. Now its just dull.

Borrrrrinnnggg....

should of watched the play offs today, that would of shook off the footy withdrawl shakes, but in the mean time, I prescribe a daily dose of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6rd1OwEXk

by far the best world cup advert i've seen so far (although the new nike one is pretty damn awe inspiring too, just not as england orientated/touch a nerve as that one)

should of watched the play offs today, that would of shook off the footy withdrawl shakes, but in the mean time, I prescribe a daily dose of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6rd1OwEXk

by far the best world cup advert i've seen so far (although the new nike one is pretty damn awe inspiring too, just not as england orientated/touch a nerve as that one)

that gets the juices flowing! brills as usual

No football sucks, but signings smooth things over in the summer. The World Cup is a little distraction to life without football, but Argentina will win it anyway so there will be the obvious disappointment from us England fans. I'd happily accept a semi-final spot though.

It's even worse if you still play. We have gone down to 1 training session a week as although the season is finished the kids are playing in a junior tournament next week. After missing the previous Friday through an unfit pitch I can't believe how much better I felt for the exercise. I can go walking in the mountains in the summer, or go running, but it's not the same. I also tend to drink more not having training or games and the world cup isn't going to help!

Compare the boredom with the panic stricken anxiety we struggled with last year, and remember what it felt like when we realised that our perceived saviour was Mickey Fialka, a north london letting agent. Our last hope was an unknown swiss consortium, what on earth did they know about football!

That is currently what life in a city eastwards of here is like, although there are no 'hats in the ring'. (Funny that, is there anybody out there who has ever literally flung his hat in a ring?!)

On reflection I think I'll put up with a bit of boredom.

Dunno what people are on about with the football season having "finished" and getting "withdrawal syptoms".

Our last game was on 8 May...

Since then

9 May - Last Day of Premier League and CCC Play Off Semi

10 a bunch of European league matches

11 CCC Play-Off Semi

12 CCC Play-Off Semi

13 Germany v Malta if you really have to

14 Lge 1 Play-Off Semi

15 FA Cup Final and Lge 1 & 2 Play-Off Semi

16 Lge 2 Play-Off Semi

17 Lge 1 Play-Off Semi

18 Toulon tournament (France U23 v Colombia U23), Lge 1 Play-Off Semi

19 Lge 2 Play-Off Semi, Toulon tournament

20 Lge 2 Play-Off Semi, Toulon tournament

21 Estonia v Finland and Lge of Ireland

22 CL Final and CCC Play-Off Final

23 Croatia v Wales

24 May - England v Mexico (and other internationals)

Bored now. Even the Pompey Takeover Thread is crap now. Need something to happen. Season Ticket's, Shirt's, Signings. Just something to get us all interested.

Part of me thinks it might of been good if we got a new manager just to get the discussions going on who and what sort of team. (I don't want this to happen but it would of brought some interest).

So is this what other clubs go through during the end of the season. I don't know it's just not Saints to have a summer of contentment and boredom.

Bored now. Even the Pompey Takeover Thread is crap now. Need something to happen. Season Ticket's, Shirt's, Signings. Just something to get us all interested.

Part of me thinks it might of been good if we got a new manager just to get the discussions going on who and what sort of team. (I don't want this to happen but it would of brought some interest).

So is this what other clubs go through during the end of the season. I don't know it's just not Saints to have a summer of contentment and boredom.

We got comfortable for a couple of seasons in the Prem and people started moaning that the end of season games were boring, then look what happened !

We got comfortable for a couple of seasons in the Prem and people started moaning that the end of season games were boring, then look what happened !

yes but then my work was a bit more interesting but this is also not keeping me entertained enough.