Blackberry

Thedelldays

seeing as my iphone is ****ged. I may cut the tarif right down and get a blackberry

I see I can get a 18 month contract with 100 mins, unlimited texts and blackberry unlimited for £25pm

the handset is a 8520 curve

few qqqs

what is blackberry unlimited..?

will I get internet access like my iphone

what advantages does it have over and iphone (if any)

and what lets a blackberry down

many thanks

I have an iPhone 3GS and as of yet havn't had one single problem nor have I found anything that I can complain about.

I have quite a few friends with Blackberry's and near on everyone of them have said it is a rubbish phone and is just good for email.

YouTube etc is a pile, Websites take noticeably longer to load... I wouldn't go from an iPhone to Blackberry myself. I think you could end up regretting rather quickly...

YouTube etc is a pile

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't YouTube use Flash video? Something of a flaw on the iPhone...

Websites take noticeably longer to load

Disagree. Particularly if you're in a 3G area, the connection speeds are very good.

Also, the Blackberry battery doesn't degrade after 6 months meaning a day's usage runs the battery to empty like the iPhone does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't YouTube use Flash video? Something of a flaw on the iPhone...

There's a specific Youtube app for the iPhone isn't there? Persuading Youtube to re-code all their videos is supposed to be what makes Apple confident that they can wipe out flash.

what is blackberry unlimited..?

I assume that's basically the Blackberry Internet Service - previously, they used to charge an additional monthly fee for all the internet services like push email, web browsing, Blackberry Messenger, etc. Now I think it's all bundled in.

will I get internet access like my iphone

You'll get internet access, definitely. I've not owned an iPhone though, so can't really say whether it's "like" what you get on there.

what advantages does it have over and iphone (if any)

Much better battery performance

The newer Blackberrys have UMA technology, which allows you to use any available Wi-Fi signal to boost your mobile signal

If you end up cracking the screen, you can still use the phone...

and what lets a blackberry down

Nowhere near as many apps available, not as much built-in storage space.

I assume that's basically the Blackberry Internet Service - previously, they used to charge an additional monthly fee for all the internet services like push email, web browsing, Blackberry Messenger, etc. Now I think it's all bundled in.

You'll get internet access, definitely. I've not owned an iPhone though, so can't really say whether it's "like" what you get on there.

Much better battery performance

The newer Blackberrys have UMA technology, which allows you to use any available Wi-Fi signal to boost your mobile signal

If you end up cracking the screen, you can still use the phone...

Nowhere near as many apps available, not as much built-in storage space.

Agree Steve but only if apps are your thing. The iPHONE while a stylish slick phone with good OS has some major draw backs (long term) as in the battery, while replacable its not for just anyone to do.And the internal build qaulity is not exactly top notch, as i have worked on several of these(you can tell thir made in china). ;)

At the end of the day its a matter of choice/use that you should buy a phone for!

the curve 8520 doesn't have 3g so internet will be slllooooowwwwww.

my iphone has completely spazzed out..shame as I just did the jail break thing

got a blackerry 9700 (which does have 3g)

like it alot...

and my deal is alot cheaper than the iphone..

I have sold mine to mazuma and using the money towards paying off my remaining contract

Disagree. Particularly if you're in a 3G area, the connection speeds are very good.

Also, the Blackberry battery doesn't degrade after 6 months meaning a day's usage runs the battery to empty like the iPhone does.

Im only going by what I have seen on my mates phone. They never bother trying to get YouTube vids up, they get me to do it otherwise we end up waiting 2-3 minutes for the video to load...? That doesn't help my usage though. lol.

I think the battery problem you are referring to is for the iPhone 3G, not the 3GS.

Blackberry & iPhone owners are like Pro Evo & Fifa players, we will never agree with each other but I think both Pro Evo & Blackberry's are overrated.

Don't know which are any good, but there are loads on the Blackberry app store. Download it and just search for "radio" :D

I think the battery problem you are referring to is for the iPhone 3G, not the 3GS.

Someone I know has the 3GS and they've had exactly the same problem.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Don't know which are any good, but there are loads on the Blackberry app store. Download it and just search for "radio" :D

Someone I know has the 3GS and they've had exactly the same problem.

3g rinses the battery on the iPhone. Just remember to charge it whenever possible. Mine is always plugged in via USB whenever I'm at the PC. I also have a car charger but rarely have to use it unless I'm using the GPS.

well..there is no app i could find to get internet radio (uk)..

I did find a site that streams radio stations via blackberry and saved the URL as a fav and added my stations..

as a phone is a far better than an iphone..better organiser etc...far better battery

the iphone wins on media side of things..websurfing/music/video/apps