Van Damme to Wolves

Belgiansaint

When he was 19 or 20. He's a very good player.

.and thats the picture. No great surprise, though.

Our own developing players seem to fit it OK ..providing they come into a " settled side " Channon, MLT, Shearer, Bridge, Walcott, Bale etc, etc, but buying in a foreign teenage "talent" and expecting them to become Euro player of the season just doesn't happen. I don't think I ever read so much criticism of a new (young) player as I recall for Van Damme. Now it seems he's developed into a tough SOB and thats what Wolves are buying.

Schneiderlin came as very young (18) --? and is just beginning to develop..and we will sell him. After France's exit from the World Cup - expect to see their new manager put him in the full side next season and he'll become a star.

Buy them when they're experienced YES !... by all means. Golac, Östenstad, Pahars, Lundekvam, Tessem...but youngsters coming ín aren't going to set the team alight on their own. Many of the young "foreign " prospects we had looked good to begin with, but rarely make the grade.

The answer - get a good, proven foreign player in --if you must but otherwise.. BUY BRITISH !:smt038

.and thats the picture. No great surprise, though.

Our own developing players seem to fit it OK ..providing they come into a " settled side " Channon, MLT, Shearer, Bridge, Walcott, Bale etc, etc, but buying in a foreign teenage "talent" and expecting them to become Euro player of the season just doesn't happen. I don't think I ever read so much criticism of a new (young) player as I recall for Van Damme. Now it seems he's developed into a tough SOB and thats what Wolves are buying.

Schneiderlin came as very young (18) --? and is just beginning to develop..and we will sell him. After France's exit from the World Cup - expect to see their new manager put him in the full side next season and he'll become a star.

Buy them when they're experienced YES !... by all means. Golac, Östenstad, Pahars, Lundekvam, Tessem...but youngsters coming ín aren't going to set the team alight on their own. Many of the young "foreign " prospects we had looked good to begin with, but rarely make the grade.

The answer - get a good, proven foreign player in --if you must but otherwise.. BUY BRITISH !:smt038

But surely another answer is to buy good young foreign prospects such as Schneiderlin, and be patient with them ? If you have to sell, then sell high ?