How do you get rid of a...

Crouchie's Lawyer

Why dont people go to the doctors? You pay a huge percentage of your wage in NI contributions for these f00ckers, use and abuse them, you wont be taking the place of someone who is really ill, because they will be going to A&E if they were "really ill".

Cos Im a man. Men dont go to doctors FACT.

Its reserved for little old grannies who sneeze and think they have AIDS and girls

Cos Im a man. Men dont go to doctors FACT.

Its reserved for little old grannies who sneeze and think they have AIDS and girls

Yeah real men dont get ill, you are clearly a idiot, and will waste more tax payers money on a ambulance and A&E treatment, 4 doctors, 3 nurses, drugs, paramedics, a bed that could be used for a person with terminal cancer of the eyebrow.

When you could have gone to the doctors early and nip'd it in the bud before it developed into a quadra spazzed spinal column.

Yeah real men dont get ill, you are clearly a idiot, and will waste more tax payers money on a ambulance and A&E treatment, 4 doctors, 3 nurses, drugs, paramedics, a bed that could be used for a person with terminal cancer of the eyebrow.

When you could have gone to the doctors early and nip'd it in the bud before it developed into a quadra spazzed spinal column.

Is that your professional diagnosis? :smt087

I've got the same things, it flared up after I pulled a muscle in my lower back. I was given anti inflamatories for the muscle, but that's now healed and the Sciatica remains in it's legacy.

I'm currently following the advice on here: http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/overview-sciatica-exercises

So far it seems to be helping.

Cheers Colin, ill give that a go

It does sound like sciatica. Probably the nerve is trapped between the 3rd and 4th vertebrae (sp?).

See a sports physio and they'll do something called PNF IIRC. Basically you're flat on your back on the treatment couch and they lift the affected leg (straightened) as close to your shoulder as possible with you resisting the lift.

Obviously, in my case, my leg can go flat against my body so that my knee actually touches my shoulder but you probably won't get anywhere near that.

This manoeuvre opens up the two vertebrae, thus releasing the nerve.

HTH :)

It does sound like sciatica. Probably the nerve is trapped between the 3rd and 4th vertebrae (sp?).

See a sports physio and they'll do something called PNF IIRC. Basically you're flat on your back on the treatment couch and they lift the affected leg (straightened) as close to your shoulder as possible with you resisting the lift.

Obviously, in my case, my leg can go flat against my body so that my knee actually touches my shoulder but you probably won't get anywhere near that.

too much information........

Meanwhile

I suffered from Sciatica for years - in my case it was cuased by being a field sales guy and driving a Sierra then Mondeo - the steering column is not central so you sit slightly twisted. Did all the doctor, hospital, ultrasound etc, but the best thing was to lay flat on your back with no pillow under your head, and have about 3 or 4 pillows under your knees. the hospital actually supplied weird glasses with a prism so I could lay flat like that and watch telly at the same time.

Never really goes away, just moves around with old age. Currently the best cure I've found down here is 29 & Polish which gives the whole knees propped up routine a new angle. Doesn't cure the sciatica but she makes me forget the pain for an hour or two...

HTH

Cheers BTF, I may try to see a sports physio, think my mates sister is one so will ask him!

Ta

Playing Squash last night did not loosen up the trapped nerve like I had hope, instead, when I got home, I couldnt move.

Went to the doctors this morning and in all seriousness, you lot on here have been more helpful. Im no doctor, however, I would have thought the fact I said a shooting pain ran down my leg, tends to suggest it was a nerve.

The doctor made me lie down while he checked my reflexes hitting me knee with a stick then said its probably muscular. Gave me a 'what exercises will help' photcopied leaflet and sent me packing.

Doctor my ar$e

I_N_S I've just remembered another thing you can do. Bear with me, this is quite long :)

Lay down flat on your back with your arms stretched out to the sides, crucifix stylee. Bend the knee of the affected leg to right-angles to your body. Then keeping your back and shoulders flat to the floor bring the knee (of the affected leg) across your body, aiming to touch it to the floor on the opposite side.

You won't actually touch the floor (probably) but gently push that knee back and forth towards the floor. It helps if you have a friend / partner / secks chum handy to push your knee everso gently for you.

This also opens up the vertebrae and could untrap the nerve.

It does not necessarily lead on to rumpy pumpy.

HTH

Playing Squash last night did not loosen up the trapped nerve like I had hope, instead, when I got home, I couldnt move.

Went to the doctors this morning and in all seriousness, you lot on here have been more helpful. Im no doctor, however, I would have thought the fact I said a shooting pain ran down my leg, tends to suggest it was a nerve.

The doctor made me lie down while he checked my reflexes hitting me knee with a stick then said its probably muscular. Gave me a 'what exercises will help' photcopied leaflet and sent me packing.

Doctor my ar$e

Waste of taxpayers money, you mongloid.

I_N_S I've just remembered another thing you can do. Bear with me, this is quite long :)

Lay down flat on your back with your arms stretched out to the sides, crucifix stylee. Bend the knee of the affected leg to right-angles to your body. Then keeping your back and shoulders flat to the floor bring the knee (of the affected leg) across your body, aiming to touch it to the floor on the opposite side.

You won't actually touch the floor (probably) but gently push that knee back and forth towards the floor. It helps if you have a friend / partner / secks chum handy to push your knee everso gently for you.

This also opens up the vertebrae and could untrap the nerve.

It does not necessarily lead on to rumpy pumpy.

HTH

Cheers BTF, ill give that a go tonight.

Ill omit the 'doesnt lead onto secksy time' part out when I get my Mrs to help. Ill tell her its part of the remedy! ;)

I am meeting his parents tomorrow night, but he has a lot of making up to do before I let him have me.

He can't go cheating on me like he has been.

I lol'd, come on AV, sign up. I know there is stigma associated with it but your humour is sorely missed. Its like drugs, small amounts leave you needing more!

I spaffed on your face and t|ts, it never went in you!

I see your game, trying to find a father for your bastard child to pay CSA. It will be one of the other (many) mongoloids that have bummed you! Good luck finding him though, im always a firm believer that a child needs two parents, even if they are both male!

Seriously though, try these:

http://www.egoscue.com/global/backpain_03.php

That one can give very quick relief, but to really ease the muscles, nerves and spinal bits back where they should try this one. It can be pretty tough after the first 30 though (if you do it properly).

http://www.egoscue.com/global/backpain_02.php

They are from the 'Egoscue' technique, and I found the pain relief amazing after trying lots of other methods and painkillers. Here's their site addy:

http://www.egoscue.com/global/where_pain.php

Good luck