Nissan 350z

Thedelldays

Just test drove one...54 plate...

it is a beast...

I am seriously considering putting a deposit down..

are there any real reasons with this car why I should not..?

Have owned 3:

53 plate GT, 276 bhp

54 plate GT, 290 bhp

58 plate GT, 313 bhp

By far the pick of the bunch is the last model (313 bhp - with the bulge on the bonnet). It has a longer rev range, is quicker (obviously), sounds more meaty, but above all else; is far better built than the early models. The interior is more solid and feels nicer to the touch.

They aren't as cheap to run as you may think, I had over the history of all 3:

Tyres; £300odd each

Front brake discs; £750

Alternator died on the 53 plate - Nissan wanted £1450+vat, but I sourced one via the owner's club and did it for £400

Something to do with the cooling system also died on the 53 plate - Nissan wanted almost a grand again. So I gave them some cash and got the 54 plate on their forecourt

With the newer one, the car tax was £405/year

I averaged 19 mpg - and you really need to put in 98 or 99 octane to keep the engine in best running order. Anything less makes it all lumpy and unresponsive

(I did actually average 30.1 mpg on a late night drive to Birmingham once from Basingstoke. Drove at 60 mph all the way not going above 2k rpm. Not much fun!)

So yes, absolutely amazing cars, I got rid of the last one last Jan. Got fed up with not being able to drive it in the snow, the cost of car tax and the mpg. Got a Qashqai instead ... :?

has the beige leather interior..bose Multi changer

no sat nav

and nice alloys...

this model (not this actual one)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2226321.htm

one thing I forgot to ask...what was that voltz meter all about..??

Alezan leather, got to get the terminology right ;-)

The volt meter is a gimmick, or so I thought until my alternator started dying. From memory they normally read around 12.5v, that day mine was hovering around 5v. I had the sound system on loudly (that is a big, powerful, battery sucking subwoofer), lights on, wipers on, drained the battery more and more, the volt meter eventually read 0 and the car died :?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...