Bacon

Pancake

The perfect bacon sandwich:

4 rashers back unsmoked bacon, cooked as you wish

2 sliced (thick) brown bread cut from laof (not pre-sliced)

1 slice lightly buttered

1 slice light coating of BBQ sauce

Pepper (black, freshly ground) to taste.

Yours?

Smoked bacon is the bacon of champions. Bought from a local butchers and freshly sliced before your eyes. Cooked in a frying pan that has been allowed to get really hot with no oil in. The bread should be fresh crusty white bread with real butter and brown sauce on the bacon.

I love you

Smoked bacon is the bacon of champions. Bought from a local butchers and freshly sliced before your eyes. Cooked in a frying pan that has been allowed to get really hot with no oil in. The bread should be fresh crusty white bread with real butter and brown sauce on the bacon.

+1.

Each to their own and all that, but I prefer not to have my eyes sliced.

I seem to recall that 2-3 years ago we conducted a proper scientific study which proved that smoked bacon was by far the superior bacon, and unsmoked bacon was for people who didn't actually like bacon.

Svelte peeps like me like to grill. Fatties like you may well choose to fry, tubs.

Well you're cheating your taste buds...

I prefer to eat a decent bacon sarnie less frequently...

That is how i keep this slim...and you know that i am slim too you cheeky get...

I seem to recall that 2-3 years ago we conducted a proper scientific study which proved that smoked bacon was by far the superior bacon, and unsmoked bacon was for people who didn't actually like bacon.

Boooo! I like the taste of unsmoked, its got a more natural flavour to it, meaning you can taste the meat and not the salty/smoked bit.

Indeed we did but times do change, as your recent posts about politics show us. It would be wrong to be sweeping with modern statements about bacon when no recent polls have been conducted.

Indeed we did but times do change, as your recent posts about politics show us. It would be wrong to be sweeping with modern statements about bacon when no recent polls have been conducted.

How often must studies be conducted to keep them 'up-to-date' and 'in touch'? Would it be acceptable, say, to conduct a 4-yearly study into the smoked/unsmoked bacon debate, or should it really be biannually to stay relevant?

How often must studies be conducted to keep them 'up-to-date' and 'in touch'? Would it be acceptable, say, to conduct a 4-yearly study into the smoked/unsmoked bacon debate, or should it really be biannually to stay relevant?

The debate on smoked-unsmoked bacon never needs to be discussed in and around sexual debates concerning sex with men or women in their bottoms. I hope I have been clear on this point?

We get bacon here, which is good.

A packet of Iceland Super Value that costs 99p in UK costs 6 quid here. Proper stuff is more expensive than good steak!

What we can get is forzen American hand carved bacon at a sensible price. It's sort of almost like Streaky, but REALLY tasty. In the pan it shrinks out all the water and becomes the perfect crisp (smoked) bacon. Under the grill it stays larger is more tasty but doesn't crisp just burns.

The other problem here is that every 3 months or so we run out of HP Sauce (the ONLY brown sauce sold here) that means us sarnie freaks HAVE to keep about 4 bottles in stock at anyone time.

Tried one with Chilli Tomato Sauce once - not as good as HP but it WAS good

The debate on smoked-unsmoked bacon never needs to be discussed in and around sexual debates concerning sex with men or women in their bottoms. I hope I have been clear on this point?

?! I can't spot the typographical error that prompted this bizarre response.