Bacon

Pancake

I have not. I feel I should research this location.

I implore you to...

http://www.thegourmetworld.com/dorsetsmokery.asp

They do a rack of smoked ribs that tastes unbeliebale off the barbeque...

http://www.thegourmetworld.com/modules/shop/products.asp?catid=25&catname=BBQ&rangename=Braii+packs&rangeid=253&x=8&y=4

And that my friend is merely the tip of the iceberg of smoked meat...

I implore you to...

http://www.thegourmetworld.com/dorsetsmokery.asp

They do a rack of smoked ribs that tastes unbeliebale off the barbeque...

http://www.thegourmetworld.com/modules/shop/products.asp?catid=25&catname=BBQ&rangename=Braii+packs&rangeid=253&x=8&y=4

And that my friend is merely the tip of the iceberg of smoked meat...

Oh my God, I think Mr MasterCard is going to take a bashing there!

Oh my God, I think Mr MasterCard is going to take a bashing there!

http://www.thegourmetworld.com/modules/shop/products.asp?catid=45&catname=Preprepared+Meals+Superior+Gourmet&rangename=Beef&rangeid=453&x=6&y=10

There chicken pack are ridiculous...two massive pieces of chicken that will fill two people easily...with plenty of different tasty sauces...and i've been up there and they've been 4 packs for 9 quid or something like that...that with a bit of mash and you can't go wrong...

http://www.thegourmetworld.com/modules/shop/products.asp?catid=45&catname=Preprepared+Meals+Superior+Gourmet&rangename=Beef&rangeid=453&x=6&y=10

There chicken pack are ridiculous...two massive pieces of chicken that will fill two people easily...with plenty of different tasty sauces...and i've been up there and they've been 4 packs for 9 quid or something like that...that with a bit of mash and you can't go wrong...

Shiiiit.... I need to go to this place in person me thinks...

Cheese...? on bacon you dirty bastard.

In fairness, the cheese and bacon combination does have a lot going for it.

Personally I have no preference to grilling or frying each have their positives, but I do prefer unsmoked unless I can get hold of really good quality smoked bacon either option should have rind on. Fresh cut white bread, butter and brown sauce complete the perfect breakfast snack.

Cooked as you wish my arse....

There's a world of difference between fried and grilled...

According to Gordon Ramsey's mentor, ol' whatisname, Marco Pierre White, the best way to cook bacon, for a bacon sandwich is to microwave it.

And he said this in all seriousness. I've tried it. It does work very well with the bacon being very well cooked and juicy [but not crisp], and you get your bacon sandwich in seconds. But I wouldn't say it's the best way. makes a fantastic and super quick BLT this way though.

Tbh, the vast majority of bacon rashers you can buy these days isn't worth the bother with taking the trouble over.

According to Gordon Ramsey's mentor, ol' whatisname, Marco Pierre White, the best way to cook bacon, for a bacon sandwich is to microwave it.

And he said this in all seriousness. I've tried it. It does work very well with the bacon being very well cooked and juicy [but not crisp], and you get your bacon sandwich in seconds. But I wouldn't say it's the best way. makes a fantastic and super quick BLT this way though.

Tbh, the vast majority of bacon rashers you can buy these days isn't worth the bother with taking the trouble over.

I was about to reply to this and cal you an absolute mad man, but just out of curiosity I did some research on Google and a lot of people seems to think it can be done. I never would have imagined cooking bacon in the microwave. I think the order of kitchen appliences I would have tried cooking it with would be frying pan, grill,, george forman, oven, toaster, kettle........and then microwave.

One thing that google searches have told me though is that it makes the bacon very crispy.

I was always under the impression that you shouldn't cook raw meat in the microwave. I'm not sure why. Anywho, I'm off to try it.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

What's wrong with enjoying different types of bacon sandwiches.

Myself I like back bacon cooked soft in crusty white bread with real butter. Occasionally with fried sliced mushrooms and usually HP sauce but sometimes Heinz Tomato. Either smoked or green bacon, fried, grilled or microwaved; I just don't like it salty.

Then again I also love crispy streaky bacon, hot or cold in crusty white bread or a bagel, with sliced pickled beetroot.

I was about to reply to this and cal you an absolute mad man, but just out of curiosity I did some research on Google and a lot of people seems to think it can be done. I never would have imagined cooking bacon in the microwave. I think the order of kitchen appliences I would have tried cooking it with would be frying pan, grill,, george forman, oven, toaster, kettle........and then microwave.

One thing that google searches have told me though is that it makes the bacon very crispy.

I was always under the impression that you shouldn't cook raw meat in the microwave. I'm not sure why. Anywho, I'm off to try it.

I'm just the messenger. It's Marco Pierre White's idea. Admittedly though, it's not the worst culinery one I've ever come across. And if you really microwave the bacon to death, it does become crisp. But by then it has long got past it's best flavour and texture. Heavily salted bacon becomes crisp much easier, and is the better for it. IMO, lightly salted bacon is better left moist and juicy.

BTW, I love some of the obvious enthusiasm in these posts. Le god, I'm salivating..! ;)

I'm just the messenger. It's Marco Pierre White's idea. Admittedly though, it's not the worst culinery one I've ever come across. And if you really microwave the bacon to death, it does become crisp. But by then it has long got past it's best flavour and texture. Heavily salted bacon becomes crisp much easier, and is the better for it. IMO, lightly salted bacon is better left moist and juicy.

BTW, I love some of the obvious enthusiasm in these posts. Le god, I'm salivating..! ;)

Perve

Myself I like back bacon cooked soft in crusty white bread with real butter. Occasionally with fried sliced mushrooms and usually HP sauce but sometimes Heinz Tomato. Either smoked or green bacon, fried, grilled or microwaved; I just don't like it salty.

Then again I also love crispy streaky bacon, hot or cold in crusty white bread or a bagel, with sliced pickled beetroot.

Out of date DSM, tread carefully!

Nobody's saying you can't enjoy different types of bacon sarnie...we're attempting to identify the best bacon sarnie though...of all of those options you must have a fave...

Whilst i wouldn't spit in someone's face if i stayed round there house and they served me a grilled bacon sarnie in the morning...i would know in my heart that it could be better...

I agree with JFP on the best bacon sarnie...but i also love a bacon sarnie the same as that but without the bacon and an avocado in there...man that's one of the best things in the world...

Another memeber of the newly discovered microwaving bacon fan club.

I used to microwave bacon occasionally until we ditched our microwave. I wouldn't have put it above fried or grilled personally, though not bad for a quickie.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I want a cast iron bacon press...

img16m.jpg

And a meat tenderiser...

I saw that and have just bought one from Amazon.