Legar leaves BBC F1 team?

Pancake

Lets hope so, only hearing rumour at the mo; plus this tweet from Legard:

"Life moves on. Ask Nick Heidfeld or @narainracing. You never know what's next. To the critical and the complimentary, thanks for the company"

Could end up being a really really good day today.

Edited by Pancake

A shame in it's way. Just didn't have the charisma for TV in the end.

Would much rather David Croft had a chance to step up. Coulthard is very knowledgable but not exactly enthusiastic, him and Brundle could be quite a dour partnership.

A shame in it's way. Just didn't have the charisma for TV in the end.

Would much rather David Croft had a chance to step up. Coulthard is very knowledgable but not exactly enthusiastic, him and Brundle could be quite a dour partnership.

Said the same thing on Twitter, Crofty would be the perfect replacement. DC is, as we all know, rather proRed Bull and putting him and MB together could end up as a bit of an "old boys club" feeling. I'll give him a chance to prove himself though.

As a big F1 fan, coulthard providing commentary on a race like Bahrain's borefest last season would send me to sleep

Confirmed in the Telegraph this day. Martin Brundle as prime commentator with David Coulthard as his summariser. Presumably Jake and Eddie trying to appear useful.

Thank god they've got rid of Legard, what a BA commentator. I use that term loosely.

Confirmed in the Telegraph this day. Martin Brundle as prime commentator with David Coulthard as his summariser. Presumably Jake and Eddie trying to appear useful.

Thank god they've got rid of Legard, what a BA commentator. I use that term loosely.

I didn't think Legard was that bad, he wasn't as good as Brundle but for his debut TV season I thought he was ok.

He was nowhere near as bad as James "I love Lewis Hamilton" Allen was for ITV

The world of sports just keeps getting better and better!

Legard quickly got found out on his move from radio to TV - it's surely much easier to commentate when nobody else can see what is going on! The amount of times he would commentate on replays like they were live was astonishing - can you not see they are going at half-speed!

He is like Murray Walker, but in all the wrong ways.

Brundle usually stayed professional rather than offering the sarcastic corrections that were being shouted at the telly by everybody else, but I'm sure he went home with a red forehead from the countless facepalm moments each weekend!

My vote would have gone to Anthony Davidson as statistician for Brundle. I know he was doing 5Live as well, but the difference is that he was also providing the alternative TV commentary - the difference is amazing:

The Legard/Brundle pairing never really gelled - Legard kept talking over Brundle, and couldn't adapt his style to the TV, where he needed to talk only a third as much as he had done on the radio.

I'd definitely have gone along with the suggestion of David Croft moving up to TV commentator - but I also think it's long overdue for Ben Edwards to be given a prime-time opportunity. He really deserves better than being landed with Touring Cars on ITV Nowhere.

It's good news IMO. I'd prefer Croft to DC too, but I think it'll be better than having Allen or Legard commentating. Can Murray Walker not donate his vocal chords to someone 50 years younger?

I think it will be interesting to see how MB runs with being #1, I would hope the BBC are keeping DCs place alongside pinkshirt and whitejeans free so they can swing someone else in and move DC back there if needs be.