Chrysler Voyager

JustMike

A guy at work has one. I'll ask some pertinent questions tomorrow.

It's fair to say it's pretty spacious!

thank you, would appreciate that. Im not going for a brand new one, the one i have seen is 1998 model but has all the cruise control etc etc. The one thing i was worried about is whether or not it would fall into Mr Browns new tax policy?

thank you, would appreciate that. Im not going for a brand new one, the one i have seen is 1998 model but has all the cruise control etc etc. The one thing i was worried about is whether or not it would fall into Mr Browns new tax policy?

I think pre 2001 vehicles just fall into the sub and over 1600cc categories. The higher is around £175 a year (it might be £185, not sure) and nowhere near the £400 raping most big-engined SUV/MPV owners will be facing.

I think pre 2001 vehicles just fall into the sub and over 1600cc categories. The higher is around £175 a year (it might be £185, not sure) and nowhere near the £400 raping most big-engined SUV/MPV owners will be facing.

thank god for that, as soon as i saw that this beast was 3.3 i did get a bit worried. I have a large family so the space in this will be ideal and as a side i could always get 6 others to travel to saints away games :-)

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Watch out for these - they have a poor safety record.

That's what stopped me looking at them. They are terrible in a crash, you may as well be driving in a vehicle made of cardboard. I certainly wouldn't put my kids in one.

Chrysler Voyager (1997-2001) Review

Drawbacks

Refinement could be better, brakes feel weak; underpowered 2.0-litre engine; poor crash test performance

A poor two-star result in the Euro NCAP crash tests, well below average even at the time. Safety equipment levels are poor by modern (or indeed, contemporary European) standards, though you do get driver and passenger airbags, ABS and an immobiliser.

took it for a test drive earlier and i have to say it drives lovely, didnt want to get out of it. The space inside is unbelieveable considering it has 7 seats. We were driving around town with medium traffic and the computer was saying 28mpg.

Its had 2 previous owners and done 90,000 with main dealer service history upto 80,000.

Im very tempted by it if im honest

TBH mate, it's only you that has to live with it. There are some sage words above but at the end of the day you have to make the decision yourself.

yes i agree, and have taken everything onboard. Have until saturday tio decided. The way i see it, they cant be THAT bad or they wouldnt be on the road, nor would there be so many of them, nor would this one be in such good nick. Just have to make sure i dont have any head on's :o