Biggest south coast club?

ericofarabia

Actually depends what you regard as regularly. In the Prem and indeed div 1 pre Prem era we sold out virtually every game for decades. In League 1 we have regularly sold out once or twice a season! However you try to put it we average ove 21k which is the best in the league and higher than some Prem teams and most NPC teams. If we were both in the Prem I'm sure we wotld sell out but you won't and anyway we wotld have 8-10k more every game. Get real.

Am real, there is no doubt we would sell out if in the premiership just like yourselves. We have a great catchment area think you are a bit unrealistic about our potential to fill our stadium.

Am real, there is no doubt we would sell out if in the premiership just like yourselves. We have a great catchment area think you are a bit unrealistic about our potential to fill our stadium.

Whilst I'm sure you will.. its hard to be sure when you lot dont fill your current one every week when your top of the league.

Why do you doubt they will? I think if they have a successful side they can easily fill 22k in the Premier or if they are near the top of the Championship. Brighton & Hove is as big a city as Southampton and they have the whole of Sussex and a bit Kent as a catchement area, there is no reason to think if they are successful they wont fill their ground. I agree that we are the biggest club south of the M4, outside of London. Brighton could be bigger than the others though, Reading is a relatively small town and with its close proximity to London alwasy going to struggle to attrach big crowds regularly. Bournemouth are at their peak, Pompey are in decline and no where near as big as they think they are.

Bloody hell, a Saints fan talking sense!!! Joking aside, I think you have summed it up pretty well although it might be worth noting that although Brighton & Hove is a city with a decent sized population the ALBION draws most of it's support from the rest of county and not the city itself. We have historically managed to get very good crowds but the Withdean years have hit us hard and attracting new supporters in this era has been difficult which is why everyone talks of this lost generation.

But it appears the new stadium has captured the county's imagination with it being built to the highest specification possible and coupled with a winning team has lead to high season ticket sales and hopefully re-capturing the lost fans. Hopefully with expansion of the stadium and progression on the pitch should unlock the potential that is undoubtedly there and if this can be realised we should at least be of comparable size to Saints.

Also, I do not go on for this South Coast love in either!...You may want the ALBION, Saints, Pompey & Bournemouth to all do well so it can be good for the South Coast but I do not. Whilst you 3 would never ever be our main rivals I would still rather you lot were not successful although would take you lot being successful over Palace any day of the week...

Whilst I'm sure you will.. its hard to be sure when you lot dont fill your current one every week when your top of the league.

Dont get full capacity every week as away end does not sell out but like most clubs when you are doing well you get good support, when your doing bad your support drops off.

Oh look, that mature debating tact of reverting to personal comments when you actually run out of anthing intelligent to say. Well done,

You havent written anything of intelligence really so that will give you your answer to the above.

Bloody hell, a Saints fan talking sense!!! Joking aside, I think you have summed it up pretty well although it might be worth noting that although Brighton & Hove is a city with a decent sized population the ALBION draws most of it's support from the rest of county and not the city itself. We have historically managed to get very good crowds but the Withdean years have hit us hard and attracting new supporters in this era has been difficult which is why everyone talks of this lost generation.

But it appears the new stadium has captured the county's imagination with it being built to the highest specification possible and coupled with a winning team has lead to high season ticket sales and hopefully re-capturing the lost fans. Hopefully with expansion of the stadium and progression on the pitch should unlock the potential that is undoubtedly there and if this can be realised we should at least be of comparable size to Saints.

Also, I do not go on for this South Coast love in either!...You may want the ALBION, Saints, Pompey & Bournemouth to all do well so it can be good for the South Coast but I do not. Whilst you 3 would never ever be our main rivals I would still rather you lot were not successful although would take you lot being successful over Palace any day of the week...

I may have read that wrongly, but you feel you should be at least the size of us with expansion?

I didn't say i wanted you all to do well, just for us all to be in the same division. ;)

I think it'd be great for the area to have 5 times playing each other regularly rather than the London and north East love in we have to endure so often.

We are so big that Bournemouth have recently been singing this song at home games..

March the 12th remember the date

We beat the team that we ****ing hate

Beat the Scum in the Football League

We're AFC Bournemouth and we're living the dream!