Android apps

JustMike

had my htc desire thing for couple weeks now, anyone suggest any decent apps?

I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to apps but on my phone I've got sky+ record (which as you said on the other thread is bloody good!), google sky map (which is also pretty nifty if you've got any interest in astronomy), RunKeeper (basically works as GPS and can map out where you've run/cycled etc. tell you how far you've been and time you. It's good but a bit tempremental at times), Convert pad (I used this at work a few times - very handy if you ever need to convert things between different units of measurment). Everything else I've got is games - Angry Birds (good), Bebbled (good), CopyCat (OK), CrazySnowboard (OK).

Handcent

Twidroyd

K-9 Mail

PlayerPro

BeyondPod

Tapatalk

Advanced Task Killer

Angry Birds

Our Groceries

Robo Defense

ROM manager

Soccer Scores

Speedx 3d

Swype (A fantastic keyboard and a must - sign up for the beta and get the download link)

TripAdvisor

That should fill it up nicely! I've got Cyanogen Mod running Android Gingerbread (2.3).

Handcent

Twidroyd

K-9 Mail

PlayerPro

BeyondPod

Tapatalk

Advanced Task Killer

Angry Birds

Our Groceries

Robo Defense

ROM manager

Soccer Scores

Speedx 3d

Swype (A fantastic keyboard and a must - sign up for the beta and get the download link)

TripAdvisor

That should fill it up nicely! I've got Cyanogen Mod running Android Gingerbread (2.3).

Angry Birds Rio is on marketplace too now, been thinking of installing gingerbread lately, is it much better than 2.2? there were massive improvements between 2.1 and 2.2 app2sd etc, is it the same with 2.3? also what phone have you got? im on the Orange San Francisco and love it!

Went through hell trying to install jap jellyfish and didnt find it as easy as people seem to over at modaco, used the so called idiot proof steven harper youtube guide but still really struggled.

i know the front screen is different, does it run noticeably smoother? relatively happy with 2.2 so might leave it unless there are big jumps in smoothness or something.

I have installed the Handcent App today but now it get texts through both programs. Anyone know how to disable the one that came on the phone?

Also, I have an HTC wildfire, anyone know how I can link phone number contacts in the people folder to the appropriate facebook contacts without going through each one and it taking all day? Thanks

I have installed the Handcent App today but now it get texts through both programs. Anyone know how to disable the one that came on the phone?

Also, I have an HTC wildfire, anyone know how I can link phone number contacts in the people folder to the appropriate facebook contacts without going through each one and it taking all day? Thanks

i have the htc desire hd and it linked facebook contacts to phone automatically (with the facebook for htc thing running), well apart from those that either didnt have phone numbers on FB obviously.

You need to disable notifications in both the stock sms and email apps. You can't stop them retrieving though. I actually switched back to the gmail app for email as the latest version does everything I need it to do. I can't root or use other roms as I have a work push email app on there along with smobile virus protection. They don't let us use those apps if we have rooted.

I use quite a few travel related apps - tripit, BA, AA apps. others I find useful are Dropbox (let me know if you want an invite for extra space!) Tweetdeck, Pixelpipe, Skype(the Three network version) and an app called lullaby that enables me to stream music from my home server to my phone wherever I am.

You need to disable notifications in both the stock sms and email apps. You can't stop them retrieving though. I actually switched back to the gmail app for email as the latest version does everything I need it to do. I can't root or use other roms as I have a work push email app on there along with smobile virus protection. They don't let us use those apps if we have rooted.

I use quite a few travel related apps - tripit, BA, AA apps. others I find useful are Dropbox (let me know if you want an invite for extra space!) Tweetdeck, Pixelpipe, Skype(the Three network version) and an app called lullaby that enables me to stream music from my home server to my phone wherever I am.

do you find dropbox sloooow though? I mean it's brilliant on my pc etc but had it on the phone and it took forever!

how do you disable notifications? thanks

sorry - meant to come back on with phone in hand to type a reply for you.

To turn off notifications is pretty straight forward. For SMS go into Messages app, hit menu, then settings. Uncheck Received Notification.

For email - go into the Gmail app, Hit Menu, > More> Settings and disable Email Notifications.

sorry - meant to come back on with phone in hand to type a reply for you.

To turn off notifications is pretty straight forward. For SMS go into Messages app, hit menu, then settings. Uncheck Received Notification.

For email - go into the Gmail app, Hit Menu, > More> Settings and disable Email Notifications.

cheers mate, you realise you are now my android guru ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SUPER ONE CLICK (FREE)

Want to root your phone, but don't want to install a custom rom? use this (windows) program, make sure that usb debugging is enabled

Program attached in post

ADVANCED TASK KILLER (FREE)

Need to free up some memory, is your blade running slow, one click app that kills all tasks that are still running

QR LINK

BATTERY CALIBRATION (FREE) (ROOT)

Did you screw your battery by installing that custom rom or is it just not performing like it should, use this app and follow it's instructions

QR LINK

ES FILE EXPLORER (FREE) (ROOT)

Need a free root explorer? ES does just that, go into the settings and enable root explorer, if one rom setting doesn't work, try the other, if none work, bummer... works for sure on Swedish spring and cyanogenmod

QR LINK

FXCAMERA (FREE)

jaleous of your friend with his iphone and hipstamatic? Don't be, get this free app and shoot old style pics

QR LINK

MOBISLE NOTES PRO (1,00€)

Don't you think it is terrible that when you wipe your device that you loose your precious notes? Mobisle notes syncs your notes with google docs, never loose your notes again !!!

QR LINK

MOBOPLAYER (FREE)

Need a videoplayer that plays flv,mkv and divx, Moboplayer plays it all !!

QR LINK

NO FRILLS CPU CONTROL (FREE) (ROOT)

Overclock your cpu and set a new cpu governor

QR LINK

SHOOTME (FREE) (ROOT)

Need a screenshot of your device? use shootme ...

QR LINK

SPARE PARTS PLUS (FREE) (ROOT)

Unlock some hidden features of your android device

QR LINK

BLADE BUDDY (FREE) (ROOT)

Tweak your blade, hardware acceleration, stagefright, VM heap, ... Perfect !

QR LINK

TITANIUM BACKUP (FREE BUT GET PRO VERSION) (ROOT)

back up apps, restore apps, scheduled backups, remove apps (including system apps), best program ever

QR LINK

SENSE ANALOG CLOCK WIDGET (FREE)

jaleous of that HTC sense clock widget your friend has, dont be, you got one now and its skinnable

QR LINK

POWERAMP (3,62€)

Don't like the output volume of the HP jack, dont like the stock player? Poweramp kan boost the volume of your hp jack (preamp slider in EQ) and its one of the best players out there !!!

QR LINK

WIDGET LOCKER (1,39€)

Want to make your own custom lockscreen? add handy widgets on your lockscreen (like mp3 control, alarm,...) this is what you need

QR LINK

HANDCENT SMS (FREE)

want bubble style SMS, want a better SMS program with loads of customization (colour, fonts, etc..) look no further

QR LINK

SD SPEED INCREASE (FREE)

changes the buffer size for sdcard, worked for me got a much better read speed, write speed stayed the same

QR LINK

SMART KEYBOARD PRO (1,99€)

You installed a nice custom rom and now your stuck with a standard querty keyboard layout? get this, very good keyboard with lots of locales

TOUCHPAL DIALER (FREE)

An excellent dialer / call history / contacts replacement, if you don't like the current ones

LAUNCHER PRO (FREE)

The best launcher there is, customize dock, number of homescreens, start screen, hide apps from drawer, etc ...

no phone can be without it imo

BLADE WIFI FIX (FREE)

if you have the problem that wifi doesn't reconnect when the phone comes out of stand by, use this

BLADE LOW VOLUME FIX

download the zip file and install with clockwork recovery, if you use clockwork recover v3+, use my manual install

works on : Swedish spring (and probably siminalar like japanese jellyfish, japanese spring)

does not work on: Cyanogenmod 7 (at least not fore me on Nightly72)

manual instructions:

-download the zip file here

-unzip the file

-in the folder system/etc there are three csv files, copy them to your sdcard

-brows to them on your phone using root explorer (or similar)

-copy the files

-now browse to root/system/etc

-paste the three files here

-reboot phone

-worked for me, in combination with poweramp i now have decent(ish) volumes

HOW TO PLAY GAMELOFT GAMES

Once and for all, because ppl start threads about this constantly .This tweak lets you play gameloft files that are made for arm6 CPU's like in the HTC Desire

-remove all gameloft games you have already installed, including the gameloft directory on your sdcard

-go to root with rootexplorer or ES file explorer make sure write is enabled

-browse the system dir

-open build.prop file

-edit the following lines so they look like these:

ro.product.model=Desire

ro.product.brand=HTC

ro.product.device=desire

ro.product.board=desire

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

-save the file

-exit program

- make sure hardware acceleration is enabled and that stagefright is enabled for player,meta and scan (NOT FOR HTTP) you can do this in blade buddy or extra setting

-reboot device

-install gameloft game

nb:the video's will probably not play or be very choppy, they are skippable and the game will work