Sky istallation

Thedelldays

I have got rid of my virgin media...got sick and tired of dealing with people who really could not speak english when calling their customer services...really really poor service IMOI will be getting sky installed nearer XMAS.my block I live in is a converted building and is 4 floors high (with the two flats above me). would sky be able to intall here without much problemone of the flats above already have a sky dish on, would it be a cae of running a cable to my flat..?also what are their broadband speeds like..? do they connect a phone line or do I have to sort that myself...what is the HD service like..?I intend of getting all the channels (minus ESPN)20MB bband a basic phone linecheers

i'm thinking of making the switch also. Shall be looking into tinterweb speeds. I pay £60 p/month for XL tv, Eve/Wkend home phone and 10mb b/b. Any idea's what I could be looking at for that much with sky...?
just had a look at the sky website...and was quoted on there (building a bundle) a price of £83 per monththat was all the channels, uncluding all the sky sports and movies (minus ESPN), sky HD, 20mb unlimited broadband and the basic evening/weekends phone line.I was paying not a great deal less for a similar service with ESPN........but with sky I can get more HD channels and more channels in general..I quite liked VM just tired of having to deal with someone from indie who could barely speak english reading a script when dealing with me

The thing with Sky over Virgin for the internet, is Sky is ADSL - using a BT Line, so the speeds are not set in stone, they're based on the quality of the phone line to your property and the distance from the exchange, so you might end up only getting a max of 5mb for example. It might say up to 20mb, but you may not get near that.

I ditched virgin a while ago, which (occasionally) gave me 20mb speeds and I'm now on ADSL, but at 8mb speeds, not much more I can get in my area.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I went the other way. I was getting 16 Mb/sec with Sky and now getting 47Mb/sec with Virgin for the same price.

The Sky customer service agents can't speak English either; they're from Glasgow.

I went the other way. I was getting 16 Mb/sec with Sky and now getting 47Mb/sec with Virgin for the same price.

The Sky customer service agents can't speak English either; they're from Glasgow.

They are now using Indian call centres as well (or instead of). Had a problem with our dish last week and they were very helpful and lucid.

just had a look at the sky website...and was quoted on there (building a bundle) a price of £83 per monththat was all the channels, uncluding all the sky sports and movies (minus ESPN), sky HD, 20mb unlimited broadband and the basic evening/weekends phone line.I was paying not a great deal less for a similar service with ESPN........but with sky I can get more HD channels and more channels in general..I quite liked VM just tired of having to deal with someone from indie who could barely speak english reading a script when dealing with me

If you make a lot of landline calls, outside of evenings and weekends (free with SKYTalk), then consider the extra £5 monthly for SKYTalk unlimited. It expands your free landline calls to 24/7. You'll also get free calls abroad to about 20 (you'll need to check) countries incl. (IIRC) U.S. Mobiles.

Sweet, just spoke to the engineers and you don't even need an active phone line to get sky installed

Going to have sky tv and a virgin phone/bb

How do the tv packages marry up with virgins value for money wise? Looks like I'll have to stick with virgin BB as I don't have active phoneline. Shall be expecting virgin to sort my issues with the router though.

Hmmm... what were your exact words to VM. My notepad is ready...

Just said I have recently disconnected my services but wanted my final bill... They asked me why I was leaving..

Stated that i wanted sky's HD channels

They said that they don't have as many but sky sports and the movies are in hd and if I re-connected they would give me the HD service for free for 12 months (£7 per month normally)

So signed back up and kept my old land line number

Just make out that you did not want to leave and see what you get