Is a US-led war with Iran inevitable?

pap

Especially for the likes of Verbal who claim that all Islamic extremism comes from Sunnis and the poor Iranians and Shia are misunderstood and misrepresented :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112960/90-students-Iraq-stoned-death-having-Emo-hair-tight-clothes.html

I've never made any such claim, of course - although I expect you'll never get that because you evidently can't grasp anything more complex than a brick. I've merely stated the blindingly obvious: that extremism as it's deployed in terrorist acts aimed at the West is predominantly Sunni in origin. And in fact most of the terrorism aimed at Iraqis is Sunni-on-Shia violence.

Shia extremism tends to exhibit itself in precisely this kind of way, with excessive violence aimed at those who are perceived to break a moral code. Hence, for example, the wave of executions of gay men and women - many of whom incidentally were hung from large mechanical cranes bought from the West. It's to the Liebherrs enormous credit that they closed their Tehran office and ceased trading with Iran when this practice became commonplace.

On another note, Alpine, I just wonder whether you've ever had an IQ test. They don't do them in British education any more, but they do on the health service, for people suffering from a disordered mind of one kind or another. It might be worth asking. Just a helpful thought.

Edited by Verbal

On another note, Alpine, I just wonder whether you've ever had an IQ test. They don't do them in British education any more, but they do on the health service, for people suffering from a disordered mind of one kind or another. It might be worth asking. Just a helpful thought.

:lol:

You need to book in for some more sessions.

LOL.... I wonder how you know that.

Next tablet run at 18.00hrs

• 2 weeks later...

I would say Mohammed Merah has set back the cause of alienating Israel in the eyes of the world community, for their agreession towards Palestinians, about 70 years.

Israel can now attack Iran with a sense of justification to go with their paranoia; that only the state of Israel can ensure the safety of Jews.

I would say Mohammed Merah has set back the cause of alienating Israel in the eyes of the world community, for their agreession towards Palestinians, about 70 years.

Israel can now attack Iran with a sense of justification to go with their paranoia; that only the state of Israel can ensure the safety of Jews.

It's presumably news to you that (a) the murdered Jewish family were in France; and (b) Merah is or claims to be Al Qaeda - the sworn enemies of Iran.

Honestly, your dumbness could suck the air out of a vacuum.

It's presumably news to you that (a) the murdered Jewish family were in France; and (b) Merah is or claims to be Al Qaeda - the sworn enemies of Iran.

Honestly, your dumbness could suck the air out of a vacuum.

Had the misfortune of looking at this thread without being logged in, and had the misfortune of reading your latest pile of drivel.

Really, you judging someone else's intelligence - as clear-cut case of the proverbial pot and kettle as I have ever seen.

As if a nation in the rampant throes of paranoia, is going to pay attention, rationalise or give a flying f*ck about the sort of shades-of-grey you have tried to point out in your clever-d*ck answer.

All Israel sees is the greater Jewish family being attacked by Arabs, and one hailing the Palestine cause. More than enough for them to hoist the safety barrier a little higher and get a little itchier on the trigger finger of an attack on Iran.

You REALLY dont get Israel at all, do you ? No wonder you write so much crap.

Had the misfortune of looking at this thread without being logged in, and had the misfortune of reading your latest pile of drivel.

Really, you judging someone else's intelligence - as clear-cut case of the proverbial pot and kettle as I have ever seen.

As if a nation in the rampant throes of paranoia, is going to pay attention, rationalise or give a flying f*ck about the sort of shades-of-grey you have tried to point out in your clever-d*ck answer.

All Israel sees is the greater Jewish family being attacked by Arabs, and one hailing the Palestine cause. More than enough for them to hoist the safety barrier a little higher and get a little itchier on the trigger finger of an attack on Iran.

You REALLY dont get Israel at all, do you ? No wonder you write so much crap.

The sad thing is that you are so far off the mark (which is putting it as kindly as I can) that you are being a kind of accidental anti-semite. 'All Israel sees is the greater Jewish family being attacked by Arabs' assumes a level of stupidity among Jews that would defy description.

Firstly, Iranians are not Arabs. Secondly, if Israel really were that stupid, they'd bomb Jordan, or Egypt, or Saudi Arabia, or any Arab state that proclaims an official pro-Palestinian stance. Thirdly, Merah was not Palestinian. (You really don't even seem to read the newspapers from your characterisation of him).

The only evidence of someone in 'the rampant throes of paranoia', as you put it, is the rather foolish individual who thinks he's Wall-E.

The sad thing is that you are so far off the mark (which is putting it as kindly as I can) that you are being a kind of accidental anti-semite. 'All Israel sees is the greater Jewish family being attacked by Arabs' assumes a level of stupidity among Jews that would defy description.

Firstly, Iranians are not Arabs. Secondly, if Israel really were that stupid, they'd bomb Jordan, or Egypt, or Saudi Arabia, or any Arab state that proclaims an official pro-Palestinian stance. Thirdly, Merah was not Palestinian. (You really don't even seem to read the newspapers from your characterisation of him).

The only evidence of someone in 'the rampant throes of paranoia', as you put it, is the rather foolish individual who thinks he's Wall-E.

Jesus, talk about inability to read or going off into tangents of irrelevancies when pulled up for writing b*ll*cks...

I never described Merah as Palestinian. NEVER. I said he hailed the Palestinian cause, and he did. He said his acts were to avenge the deaths of Palestinian children.

Israel have no reason to bomb Jordan, Egypt or Saudi Arabia because their leaders are not tw*ts banging on about wiping Israel off the map whist their country simultaneously develops nuclear warheads and ballistic missiles. So your analogy is yet again either pedantry to prop up a bankrupt argument or clueless b*ll*cks.

OK, so Iranians are not Arabs. I am absolutely sure the people on the streets of Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Eilat and the leaders in the Knesset, all worrying about Iran getting nukes aimed at them, are spending a huge amount of time agonising about the ethinc make-up of the nations surrounding them that want to exterminate their existence. What collective term do you wish to apply to the people in the region, then ? This is the entire point you dont get. Paranoid people dont rationalise particularly well. Why do you think Obama's administration is spending so much time nagging at Bibi and co ??? They are afraid Israel will react irrationally and do untold long-term damage in the region.

I would argue that it is YOU who is completely wide of the mark, but I cannot decide if it is because of sheer stupidity or you are anti-Semitic bigot.

I think I will take you off ignore - its great fun taking the p*ss out of mentally disadvantaged people who actually think they are enlightened and superior.

Edited by alpine_saint

Often forgotten in all the ****ing contest

Quite true. Massive difference between Judaism and Zionism ( there are many Jewish groups who actively rail against Zionism ).

This little demo was staged three weeks ago.

1-IMG_3480.jpg

Jesus, talk about inability to read or going off into tangents of irrelevancies when pulled up for writing b*ll*cks...

I never described Merah as Palestinian. NEVER. I said he hailed the Palestinian cause, and he did. He said his acts were to avenge the deaths of Palestinian children.

Israel have no reason to bomb Jordan, Egypt or Saudi Arabia because their leaders are not tw*ts banging on about wiping Israel off the map whist their country simultaneously develops nuclear warheads and ballistic missiles. So your analogy is yet again either pedantry to prop up a bankrupt argument or clueless b*ll*cks.

OK, so Iranians are not Arabs. I am absolutely sure the people on the streets of Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Eilat and the leaders in the Knesset, all worrying about Iran getting nukes aimed at them, are spending a huge amount of time agonising about the ethinc make-up of the nations surrounding them that want to exterminate their existence. What collective term do you wish to apply to the people in the region, then ? This is the entire point you dont get. Paranoid people dont rationalise particularly well. Why do you think Obama's administration is spending so much time nagging at Bibi and co ??? They are afraid Israel will react irrationally and do untold long-term damage in the region.

I would argue that it is YOU who is completely wide of the mark, but I cannot decide if it is because of sheer stupidity or you are anti-Semitic bigot.

I think I will take you off ignore - its great fun taking the p*ss out of mentally disadvantaged people who actually think they are enlightened and superior.

I have to admit I fell about laughing at this. What an hysteric! I particularly love the bit where you admit your hopeless ignorance about Iranians not being Arabs, and then turn it into (in your mind only) a triumphantly brilliant point. If you really think that Israeli government officials and politicians are so dazzled by 'paranoia', and 'don't rationalise very well', to the point where the lack of a collective noun that incorporates Iranians and Arabs throws them into the sort of confusion you idiotically suggest, then the very outcome you deny - bombing Jordan - is entirely likely. Undone by your own disordered reasoning.

You strike me as someone who spend so much time gaining your 'wisdom' from a keyboard that you have difficulty managing your body mass. For your own sake, I'd strongly suggest you go out into the world and se how it really works, rather than look to see your odd little prejudices and preconceptions confirmed by selective googling.

Your posts on this thread are just plain stupid, and betray character flaws that you should really get sorted out (those that you can...). Try, perhaps, re-reading the thread. There's an interesting and well-informed discussion much earlier on Ahmadinejad's speech (to which I notice you managed to contribute not one sensible word). It's worth adding to that that it is not official Iranian policy to 'wipe Israel off the map'; he was however expressing a version of Arab sentiment that actually IS expressed in many Arab states, including Jordan (the majority of whose population IS Palestinian), Egypt (often, until Mubarak's fall, in official newspaper editorials that are so stridently anti-Israeli that American politicians like John Kerry have made almost a career out of complaining about them), and, above all, Saudi Arabia.

Iran and it's nuclear ambitions are, in any case, a side show. What's happening in Syria will have far more lasting consequences. As someone who has spent time in Homs, Der'aa, Latakia, Hama, Aleppo and Damascus, I'd suggest that this revolt has been a long time coming. The eventual outcome will change the geo-political balance of the Middle East in ways far more profound than Iran's toying with nuclear triggers.

Did you forget to take your tablets?

Psst Dune. Your location. It was a **** take during the Doncaster match thread of Merringtons commentary that "You dont want to go a goal behind in this match". Everyone else got it, sorry it sailed over your head. Best change your location coz its making you look a bit, well, um, thick.....again.

Actually leave it up. Watching you trying to take the **** out of people in error because you are too slow and blunt to get what they mean has a comedy value all of its own.

Edited by buctootim
let him hang himself

Psst Dune. Your location. It was a **** take during the Bradford match thread of Merringtons commentary that "You dont want to go a goal behind in this match". Everyone else got it, sorry it sailed over your head. Best change your location coz its making you look a bit, well, um, thick.....again.

Of course it was.

• 3 months later...