Car Colours

Hatch

Talking of 'odd colours' on cars. When I was about 14 we were on holiday in Devon. I spotted a brand new J reg (XXX 123 J) Humber Sceptre which looked like it was a dark, matt, green. On getting closer we discovered it was actually not paint but a baize like material. Presumably a custom job. Looking back, I bet it was murder keeping that car clean!

Its mega hard to get a good finish with chrome paint, one slight (and I mean slight) mistake or imperfection in the preparation leaves it looking like brushed alloy instead of a mirror finish.

A lot of people these days are going for vinyl wraps to get camo/matt/carbon effects.

Photo016-1.jpg

ferrari-f430-scuderia-black-matte-1.jpg

ferrari-f430-scuderia-black-matte-2.jpg

gold.jpg

http://www.raccoon.co.uk/homepage.php

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/08/color-change-vi.html

According to Raccoon:

How much does it cost?

To determine the cost of wrapping a vehicle, a number of variables need to be taken into account. These include vehicle type, quantity of vehicles, location, graphic coverage, life expectancy of graphics and warranty/guarantee requirements.

To help you determine the viability of a project, below are ‘ballpark’ costs for the most popular vehicles. Please note that these are for a one off vehicle wrap, using customer supplied artwork and the vehicle being delivered to our Edenbridge premises for application. It also assumes full coverage of the vehicle, including any windows.

Smart Car - £900

VW Beetle - £1,200

Ford Transit Connect - £1,400

Mwb Transit - £1,700

Mercedes CL600 - £2,000

Double Decker Bus - £7,000

exc VAT and they need the car for 5 days I'm sure there's a signwriter nearby that could do it all cheaper than that though.