When was the last time . . .

Bailey

I think it might be the 4-2 win against Fulham.

I seem to recall there was a hat-trick hero. Beattie I think.

Yep, Ormerod got the 4th.

Technically we were 3-1 down on aggregate in the playoff second leg and came back to get it to 4-4. Doesn't really mean anything, but we did come back from 2 down. I think we also came from 2-0 down to get a draw against Villa in the same year as the Fulham game too. We also got a draw from 2 down at Barnsley last season.

Looking a bit bleak for wins though. We came from behind twice to win 3-2 at Burnley in the playoff season, but were never 2 down. At Hull we were 2-0 up, then let in 2 before the break and went on to win 4-2 the same season.

Like i said on another post,i cant remember the score before the final result(2-1?),but didnt we come behind against Blackburn in the first game at SMS in the 2004/5 season?

Sturrock's last game?

Can't remember but we won it 3-2 with a dodgy penalty!

Away from home, in the League, i think it was last season or the season before, we came from behind and won for the first time in over ten years ...so this makes it three, but i cant think of anytime weve come from two down away from home to win

over to the statto's

Again, we were never 2-0 down. It was 2-1 at one point, the Anders scored a screamer against the run of play.

Thanks Arizona for clearing that up.

Although i was at the game,it seems an age ago and for the life of me i couldnt remember the half time score.

Although we werent 2-0 down,we still made a decent comeback.

Away from home, in the League, i think it was last season or the season before, we came from behind and won for the first time in over ten years ...so this makes it three, but i cant think of anytime weve come from two down away from home to win

over to the statto's

That was the Burnley game in the playff season. Rasiak (2) and Skacel with the goals. We we're 1-0 and 2-1 down according to soccerbase.

Interestingly, I can't find another game where we came from 2 down to win ever. I am sure there are many, but not since about 1996 when they stopped giving the times of the goals and I gave up looking.

That was the Burnley game in the playff season. Rasiak (2) and Skacel with the goals. We we're 1-0 and 2-1 down according to soccerbase.

Interestingly, I can't find another game where we came from 2 down to win ever. I am sure there are many, but not since about 1996 when they stopped giving the times of the goals and I gave up looking.

I was talking about this with a mate about an hour ago, and from my own personal memory, i reckon the last time we won away from home in the league, having been 2 goals behind was away at Norwich in that 5-4 game in April '94, at one stage we were 3-1 down, then got to 3-3, then 4-3 behind before we eventually won 5-4. So i reckon this was the last time.

I was talking about this with a mate about an hour ago, and from my own personal memory, i reckon the last time we won away from home in the league, having been 2 goals behind was away at Norwich in that 5-4 game in April '94, at one stage we were 3-1 down, then got to 3-3, then 4-3 behind before we eventually won 5-4. So i reckon this was the last time.

Of course.........nice one (Can't believe i forgot that one)

Super Ken Super Kenny Monkou!!! can't belive i forgot that one.

Super Ken Super Kenny Monkou!!! can't belive i forgot that one.

Yeah Matty hat-trick then injury time kenny header, totally turned round our season, we looked dead and buried until that. Hopefully a similar confidence boost will happen this season too. Would be nice to think so.

I am gonna put my sad statto hat on now. I have quite a ridiculous overloaded memory of saints results in the last 15-20 years, really is quite sad, they just seem to stick in my brain for no apparent reason, if i only i was good academically when i was school!

To clear up the "coming from behind away win" topic, i think the recent history goes like this;

We won 3-2 at Burnley in sept 06, which was the 1st time we'd won away from home when the opposition had SCORED THE 1st GOAL since our 3-1 away win at coventry in Oct 94, and not when we were simply behind in the game at one point. Example being 2002 new years day at chelsea when we were 2-1 down before our Beattie/Marsden 2nd half heroics gave us a legendary 4-2 win.

After the Burnley win we won at Sheff Utd 2-1 having been 1-0 down. And until today we hadnt won away after being 2 goals from behind since 5-4 Norwich.

Statto head off now, im off to get ****ed. Have a great evening boys and girls, savour this moment, they dont come along too often :)

No one has come up with the last away game we were 2-0 down and won?

I think we may have won 3-2 at Coventry in about 87/88 from 2-0 down. But not sure that was last time we won in that situation or not. Apart from the Norwich one, I can't think of any other away games won from 2 down.