Jan's Reaction (OS)...

.comsaint

More worryingly the phrase "it proves you can do it with young boys" makes an appearance. That's what got Gary Glitter into trouble Jan!

Seriously though I think IF we can keep patience with this young side the future will be much much brighter than the past.

COYR.

Edited by Alain Perrin

Only Davis and Skacel aged over 23, and half the team under 20. That makes them boys in most people's book, but they played as men. And the great thing about footballers who are playing at this level at a young age is that they will get better. All this team needs to do is survive in the CCC this season because they could be a revelation next year. What Jan and Lowe have to do is decide which players to keep and which to let go, as they won't all make it, but also to see if any of the successes among the loan players can be retained.

Despite the great win and the fact everyone is happy, it's good to see he is still realistic and acknowledges that the wingers 'didn't do it' in the first half. Reading and hearing that should keep them on their toes, knowing that a sub-standard performance wont be lost in the joy of a win.

Only Davis and Skacel aged over 23, and half the team under 20. That makes them boys in most people's book, but they played as men. And the great thing about footballers who are playing at this level at a young age is that they will get better. All this team needs to do is survive in the CCC this season because they could be a revelation next year. What Jan and Lowe have to do is decide which players to keep and which to let go, as they won't all make it, but also to see if any of the successes among the loan players can be retained.

your last sentence is the 64000 dollar question?

the danger is that the ones who make it will be the ones that go

He was certainly much more upbeat on the Solent interview after the game than he has been for some recent games.

I was actually beginning to feel sorry for him as he sounded so demoralised, so I'm really glad to hear him being much more upbeat and just being happy.

Hopefully he slept well last night and the result will rejuvenate his bateries.

He was certainly much more upbeat on the Solent interview after the game than he has been for some recent games.

I was actually beginning to feel sorry for him as he sounded so demoralised, so I'm really glad to hear him being much more upbeat and just being happy.

Hopefully he slept well last night and the result will rejuvenate his bateries.

Jan says "I must make you a big compliment for your good words even if your spelling is not so nice."

Great Result ... you have to give credit to Poortvliet .... what a half time Yeam Talk that must have been ........

" If you B'stards don't pull your finger out and turn this around .......... I'll arrange for Rupert to give you all another "peptalk"

wasnt so much the half time team talk it was that he took james off and that worked wonders