Tiscali Broadband sold to SKY?

SOTONS EAST SIDE

I have been with SKY for everything now for almost 2 years. I have no complaints whatsoever after having dumped BT.
Been with Tiscali about 3 years Phone service has been good, But to call your broadband unlimited, then say in the smallest writing "subject to fair useage" is not unlimited! :(

Your should be able to download what you want,when you want!!!!!!

Decided to leave tiscali 4 days after joining when they slapped me onto their traffic shaping programme for downloading too much (about 10gb in 4 days, despite being only 1/2 the limit at the time). They were also supposed to write to me before putting traffic shaping in place.

When I decided to leave, they were dragging their heels giving up the (i forget the name) code you need to switch broadband, and this was the time when Ofcom were hitting ISP's with huge fines...

We were on Freeserve originally(years ago and it was very good). When it changed to wanadoo it was equally good. Then, however, it changed to orange and I have to say it was the biggest piece of crap I have ever experienced in my life. Constant random cut outs, slow internet and the ****tiest indian call centre helpline ever. We have now moved to virgin and it's perfect :)

And on Tiscali, from what I've known from friends and family who have used it(notice past tense here), it was pretty bad.

Decided to leave tiscali 4 days after joining when they slapped me onto their traffic shaping programme for downloading too much (about 10gb in 4 days, despite being only 1/2 the limit at the time). They were also supposed to write to me before putting traffic shaping in place.

When I decided to leave, they were dragging their heels giving up the (i forget the name) code you need to switch broadband, and this was the time when Ofcom were hitting ISP's with huge fines...

MAC code?

Been with Tiscali about 3 years Phone service has been good, But to call your broadband unlimited, then say in the smallest writing "subject to fair useage" is not unlimited! :(

Your should be able to download what you want,when you want!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more.

We run 5 machines here, all on teh innernet, we have not yet been capped by SKY. Broadband is £10 a month.

MAC code?

Migration Authority Code

I've been with Sky since May time and has always been good hasn't at all cut out on me, although a ,little slow at times but not often, this completely different to Virgin who were sh1t and the customer service was atrocious as we cancelled with them, they forgot to put it on their system, so we got a letter saying we owed them money, we phoned up and they admitted we didn't them after several calls and wranglings with the complaints department and chasing them up.

We got another letter from Virgin, we phoned up, and it wasn't put on their system again and the guy who said we didn't have to pay was holiday, this is when we got a letter from the balliffs.

This went on the same way fro about 2 months back and forth, etc. We got it sorted was fine......then a month later we got another letter from the ballifs as Virgin hadn't notified them to check the system to show we didn't have to pay it. It's been a couple weeks since the last phone calls so hopefully nothing more. This started in May when we moved house!

I've been with Sky since May time and has always been good hasn't at all cut out on me, although a ,little slow at times but not often, this completely different to Virgin who were sh1t and the customer service was atrocious as we cancelled with them, they forgot to put it on their system, so we got a letter saying we owed them money, we phoned up and they admitted we didn't them after several calls and wranglings with the complaints department and chasing them up.

We got another letter from Virgin, we phoned up, and it wasn't put on their system again and the guy who said we didn't have to pay was holiday, this is when we got a letter from the balliffs.

This went on the same way fro about 2 months back and forth, etc. We got it sorted was fine......then a month later we got another letter from the ballifs as Virgin hadn't notified them to check the system to show we didn't have to pay it. It's been a couple weeks since the last phone calls so hopefully nothing more. This started in May when we moved house!

NTI or Virgin as they are now, charged me for a service i didn't have for 2 years. Yet when i complained about it, they would only offer me a months money back f*cking w**kers. So i dumped them.It then took them 4 months to pay back the money they owed me! C88ts! :(

We were on Freeserve originally(years ago and it was very good). When it changed to wanadoo it was equally good. Then, however, it changed to orange and I have to say it was the biggest piece of crap I have ever experienced in my life. Constant random cut outs, slow internet and the ****tiest indian call centre helpline ever. We have now moved to virgin and it's perfect :)

And on Tiscali, from what I've known from friends and family who have used it(notice past tense here), it was pretty bad.

Pretty much exactly what happened to us except we went "all in" with Sky. Orange were awfull.

Col.

i was with tiscali for 4 years when i decided i would leave to get a cheaper deal with sky

they said they would give me a great deal @ £4.99 per month which i accepted

5 months later after several phone calls they still charging me £14.99

i then cancelled but they still owe me £75 in over payment and about £150 in phone calls to them to try and sort out

this was in april still trying to get money back

so no dont use them

NTI or Virgin as they are now, charged me for a service i didn't have for 2 years. Yet when i complained about it, they would only offer me a months money back f*cking w**kers. So i dumped them.It then took them 4 months to pay back the money they owed me! C88ts! :(

Virgin also don't let you talk to a complaints dept. You have to write to it at Swansea.

Not had a problem with my Sky broadband. Gets a bit slow sometimes but what server doesnt.

Col.

+1

All are subject to fair usage - just their fair usage allowance varies.

Not true. Sky are no longer subject to a fair use policy.

This was on The Gadget show the other day. They interviewed Sky who boasted about the fect they dont have a fair use policy and then the Gadget show checked their website where it showed it was still mentioned that they did infact have a fair use policy. They called Sky back up and Sky apologised and updated their website there and then.

The 'unlimited' package with Sky is just that. No small print.

+1

Not true. Sky are no longer subject to a fair use policy.

This was on The Gadget show the other day. They interviewed Sky who boasted about the fect they dont have a fair use policy and then the Gadget show checked their website where it showed it was still mentioned that they did infact have a fair use policy. They called Sky back up and Sky apologised and updated their website there and then.

The 'unlimited' package with Sky is just that. No small print.

Yeah i saw that, but dont you pay extra for the "no limit" option?

Col

I've been with Sky for about 18 months. The connection randomly drops for no apparent reason, and gets very slow at times. However my biggest gripe with them is that their customer service centre may as well be staffed by baboons for all the help they are.

I got an offer from Orange for free broadband as I am a mobile customer of theirs. I have heard their service is pretty bad but they can't possibly be worse than Sky so because it's free I'm going to swap over. You would not believe the amount of trouble I had trying to get through to somebody at Sky just to get my MAC code. The anoying thing is that in the endless options on their IVR system there is an option for cancellations, but I still had to speak to about 6 different departments before I spoke to somebody with a 3-digit IQ who knew what I was talking about.

I've been with Sky for about 18 months. The connection randomly drops for no apparent reason, and gets very slow at times. However my biggest gripe with them is that their customer service centre may as well be staffed by baboons for all the help they are.

I got an offer from Orange for free broadband as I am a mobile customer of theirs. I have heard their service is pretty bad but they can't possibly be worse than Sky so because it's free I'm going to swap over. You would not believe the amount of trouble I had trying to get through to somebody at Sky just to get my MAC code. The anoying thing is that in the endless options on their IVR system there is an option for cancellations, but I still had to speak to about 6 different departments before I spoke to somebody with a 3-digit IQ who knew what I was talking about.

Was their IQ 10.5 lol ;)