Mechanic/Welder needed

Jillyanne

My car failed it's MOT yesterday and the garage (Abbey Auto's in Hamble) have told me it will cost £200.00 to fix. I would rather pay one of you lot to do it then those robbers so if anyone is an MOT Mechanic/Welder or knows anyone that is please PM me.

Cheers

Jill

That's reasonable Jill. Is it the arches or the inner sills on the MR2? They're always rotten.

This is what it says on the failure notice - '006 - Offside inner (sill panel at rear) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded [2.4.A.2]

The other things it faled on were - basically no water in the washers (my fault I know), Horn does not function; Hazard warning lamps not flashing in phase, with ignition on; Hazard warning lamps not flashing in phase, with ignition off.

******* great.

I just would rather pay someone from here then a garage tbf.

So, a flasher relay, a fuse, some water and £200 of welding. Sounds ok for a 20+ year old car. Suck it up and pay the man Jill. At least the weld will be guaranteed for 12 months that way.

Ok thanks, tbf the £200 includes everything. I am clueless with cars unlike you, you may lock this thread now Ponty.

This is what it says on the failure notice - '006 - Offside inner (sill panel at rear) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded [2.4.A.2]

The other things it faled on were - basically no water in the washers (my fault I know), Horn does not function; Hazard warning lamps not flashing in phase, with ignition on; Hazard warning lamps not flashing in phase, with ignition off.

******* great.

I just would rather pay someone from here then a garage tbf.

I don't understand why so many people fail MOTs for minor faults, obviously the welding isn't minor but the other things??? Did you not check these before you took it for MOT?

Its not rocket science to check the basics (water, lights and tyres) before you take it for MOT.

Its not just you jill, I hear stories from friends all the time that they failed on simple things, it only takes 20 minutes to check the basics before you take it in!

I don't understand why so many people fail MOTs for minor faults, obviously the welding isn't minor but the other things??? Did you not check these before you took it for MOT?

Its not rocket science to check the basics (water, lights and tyres) before you take it for MOT.

Its not just you jill, I hear stories from friends all the time that they failed on simple things, it only takes 20 minutes to check the basics before you take it in!

Or perhaps combine the MOT with an annual service where they can check these things out before doing the actual MOT, which then simply becomes a tick-box exercise (assuming they service the car properly of course!)

Or perhaps combine the MOT with an annual service where they can check these things out before doing the actual MOT, which then simply becomes a tick-box exercise (assuming they service the car properly of course!)

Been serviced and the hazards were working last week as I had to put them on when I helped out a friend who had broken down in the dark.