Speeding fine

PompeyLass

Got a letter through the other day saying that I'd been clocked doing 82mph in a 70 on the A21. It was a notice of intended prosecution & basically I could be fined up to £1,000 and 6 points if I didn't reply.

I've sent the letter back saying it was me driving, what can I expect back ? I'm resigned to the fact that I'll get 3 points but any idea, roughly, how much I'll be fined ?

It happened on 14th September & I got the letter the end of October. I think it was an intended prosecution letter as it's a company car (my dad's) and have a feeling that they originally sent the letter to the company who then provided my dad's details. Then again I could be wrong.

Bang goes my nice clean licence. Oh, another thing, as I have the old paper one when I send it off will I have to get a card one ?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

When was the letter sent by the Police? They only have to prove that they sent it so that it would normally arrive at the registered keeper's address within 14 days.

I also go done recently with a company car and thought that as the letter of intention to prosecute was after 14 days that i had got away with it as it was over a month from the date.

Sorry but no you will get fined as the Law would have contacted the lease company first of all to get your details. You should just get 3 pts and £60.

Will they put my policy up now or will it go up when I re-new next year ?

Depends on your insurance company, but when i got done twice a few years back i let mine know and they informed me that as long as it was an SP30 they didn't even take notice of them as so many people get caught nowdays.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Will they put my policy up now or will it go up when I re-new next year ?

Probably not at all, most insurance companies discount one or even two speeding convictions.

Unless of course it resulted in a ban.

Depends on your insurance company, but when i got done twice a few years back i let mine know and they informed me that as long as it was an SP30 they didn't even take notice of them as so many people get caught nowdays.

Probably not at all, most insurance companies discount one or even two speeding convictions.

Unless of course it resulted in a ban.

Erm?

Im pretty sure if you get points, they will up your premiums. Maybe not mid-year, but certainly next year. Insurance companies need no excuse to charge extra, its how they make money and accidents and speeding fines Im afraid, are always chargable by additional loadings on your premium.

Erm?

Im pretty sure if you get points, they will up your premiums. Maybe not mid-year, but certainly next year. Insurance companies need no excuse to charge extra, its how they make money and accidents and speeding fines Im afraid, are always chargable by additional loadings on your premium.

I ended up with six points from two SP30 convictions within 3 months of each other and my insurance dropped the following year.

I ended up with six points from two SP30 convictions within 3 months of each other and my insurance dropped the following year.

But, had anything else changed?

Did you past a significant insurance age, like 25? Removing or adding anyone to the policy? Was it a renewal with the same firm or did you shop around? Had you previously had an accident which was over 5 years old now? Or previous speeding penalties which grew out of date in insurance terms? All of these could have resulted in your premiums reducing more so than the increase in the 6 points?

Although getting 6 points in 3 months, I am quite surprised you werent bent over by the insurance companies?!

No Nothing changed at the time i was under 25 it was a renewal with my existing company.I had never had an accident and no previous convictions,also forgot to say it was on a motorbike.

Have been with Swintons all my adult life and they used Lloyds motor policies on motorbikes and the price always came down.