In car DAB

Thedelldays

I've got one built in to my car. It's fantastic and you generally only ever come across the odd dead spot - short section of M4 around Swindon (oddly) and around 6 Dials in town. In Devon this week and it is a bit iffy here though!

I'd insist on it in my next car.

I had a courtesy car a while ago with built-in DAB that worked well. I'd really like to have DAB in my car as I'm a big fan of Radio 4 extra, and when I listen to sports on Radio 5 on medium wave the reception is rubbish North of Winchester but much better on DAB.

So I looked quite closely at these PURE sets and read a lot of reviews. Most were pretty positive about the reception, but many said how messy the wires to the aerial and the power plug were inside the car. Plus my car has a heated front windscreen so I worried that the metal in that would mess up reception viathe aerial stuck inside. I'm still wavering.

So please buy one Dell Days, and report back, so I can decide!

I bought one of these for my son and he had problems with the stick on aerial so bought the magnetic one. Worked very well but just a pain to have to remove it every time you get out of the car.

I have just bought a 5 year old Mondeo that only had a AM/FM radio so I replaced it with a Ford DAB radio off Ebay, it had to have a new aerial which was tricky but well worth it.