Your favourite player to have made absolutely no impact (good or bad) on Saints...

jawillwill

"Your favourite player to have made absolutely no impact (good or bad) on Saints..."

Still trying to work this out - if he made absolutely no impact, how could it have been either good or bad?

Exactly. Ridiculous thread IMO, but you know, name a player that no one can remember and you're an instant über fan.

I'll go with mark draper!

You're just making names up now. How about Andy cook? Decent left back.

We signed him for the 72-73 season from ManUre. He was a Scottish Internationalist, a huge signing at the time, but it soon became obvious that he didnt want to be here. Played 20 games and got back to Lancashire (Preston) as soon as possible.

I dont need to make names up. Duncan Holley (ITN) has done it for me. :)

We signed him for the 72-73 season from ManUre. He was a Scottish Internationalist, a huge signing at the time, but it soon became obvious that he didnt want to be here. Played 20 games and got back to Lancashire (Preston) as soon as possible.

I dont need to make names up. Duncan Holley (ITN) has done it for me. :)

I was just kidding. 72-73 was just a few years before my time.

Lucien Mettomo - how many times did we see that grinning mugshot on the OS...did he ever get near playing?

Theo Walcott - had it all, put his development back 5 years by moving to Arsenal, and the board stole his fee.

Rudi Skacel - did his best to be our creative player despite some drunk Scots git playing him further and further back...I swear if Scotland hadn't saved us when they did Skacel would've been in goal the following week.

Idiakez - never saw more than a glimpse of why we signed him...although that penalty miss probably disqualifies him here.

Guly do Prado - we seem to succeed despite him, not because. He's like LeTissier but with Carlton Palmer's first touch...Evens out his negative impact with the occasional crucial goal.

Simon Gillet - never seemed to want the ball. Couldn't be arsed whenever I saw hum in the relegation season.

David McGoldrick - a total goal machine rushed into the first team...too much expectation & couldn't handle it

My fave from them is Theo I guess - being the only one I would play now!

From slightly earlier....Frankie Bennett, Christer Warren, Mark Paul, Matt Robinson, Duncan Spedding, Andy Williams, Nicky Banger, Peter Whiston, Paul Sheerin...where are they now? Does anyone care? :)

Lucien Mettomo - how many times did we see that grinning mugshot on the OS...did he ever get near playing?

Theo Walcott - had it all, put his development back 5 years by moving to Arsenal, and the board stole his fee.

Rudi Skacel - did his best to be our creative player despite some drunk Scots git playing him further and further back...I swear if Scotland hadn't saved us when they did Skacel would've been in goal the following week.

Idiakez - never saw more than a glimpse of why we signed him...although that penalty miss probably disqualifies him here.

Guly do Prado - we seem to succeed despite him, not because. He's like LeTissier but with Carlton Palmer's first touch...Evens out his negative impact with the occasional crucial goal.

Simon Gillet - never seemed to want the ball. Couldn't be arsed whenever I saw hum in the relegation season.

David McGoldrick - a total goal machine rushed into the first team...too much expectation & couldn't handle it

My fave from them is Theo I guess - being the only one I would play now!

From slightly earlier....Frankie Bennett, Christer Warren, Mark Paul, Matt Robinson, Duncan Spedding, Andy Williams, Nicky Banger, Peter Whiston, Paul Sheerin...where are they now? Does anyone care? :)

Jim Hone once told me in an email that Lucien Mottomo would 'do a job for us'. I don't think he ended up doing the job that was expected of him....

Martin Cranie - doing ok at Coventry now, though
My favourite too. Shame Burley didn't let Cranie and Mills play more. At that time Eng-U21 regulars who would have been much better now if they have been given first team experience.

For me it has to be David Prutton.

I remember when it was first announced that he was coming to Saints.

I was genuinely shocked and excited about him coming, he had so much potential, was well thought of and could have been a real legend!

Sadly now only remembered for the punch up with the ref and the subsequent ban that possibly put a nail in our relegation coffin.

Still a pretty good player but never seemed to progress as he should. I guess football is littered with the same story.

Paul Moody, Sergei Gotsmanov, Steve Baker, Derek Statham, Paul Rideout, Ray Wallace, Neil Maddison, and one player who I think would have been an immense player but injury robbed him of a great career - David Hughes.

Jason Puncheon.

Was signed with this idea he'd be the RM version of Lallana who can score goals, score free kicks. trickery, bit of a coup etc but has done nothing like that and ended up being frozen out altogether due to his poor shooting, lack of goals, attitude etc until January 2012 and now seems to be back in favour over pre-season!

Right old enigma!