Company Cars...

Any of you guys or gals use a company car? I'm thinking of getting one as part of my flexible rewards package at work, to make my money go further (currently tax, NI and student loan account for about 60% of it).

The cars I was thinking of are as follows:

Kia Sportage CRDi 3 Nav

Nissan Qashqai 1.6i Tekna

Lexus CT200H Hybrid

As the two of us are just about to be become 3, anyone with any suggestions or tips on any cars (for instance leather seats for wipe down easiness).

Business mileage is irrelevant, it's all about co2 emissions. Some can be ridiculously cheap tax wise. Also when working everything out consider the cost of giving up the car allowance as well as the additional tax you will need to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst business mileage is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as emissions are the overriding factor, it's how many miles a year you drive, if the car is going to sit outside your place of work from 9-5 5 days a week then take the car allowance route to run it yourself and claim back business mileage. If you are racking up the miles and your car is being hammered as a result I would opt for the full on company car route as wear and tear far outweighs the tax penalty.