Best place to sell a car?

Barney Trubble

I am looking to sell the motor but there seems so many places that it could be advertised.

So, what are your experiences or advice?

Ebay? Auto-trader? etc

Ebay - full of a lot of chavs/morons who want to make you an offer about 50% of what you have advertised for. Occasional normal person but a lot of timewasters.

Auto-Trader - Overpriced so I stopped using it.

Pistonheads Classifieds - Only a few responses over a few weeks but all of decent quality, don't tend to muck you around as much but less of them.

My experience from the last few weeks!

Thanks for the replies. It's a Nissan Micra 1.2 sport 2006, blue interior, dash etc, alloys, 6CD changer etc

I bought it the ex but she kindly gave it back when we split, pretty decent of her.

I was after an auto Micra last week for a friend. Found one but it was 3k

Ebay is fine if you dont mind getting some silly offers. Weed them out and it will go.

Well don't get these people to sell it for you. I thought how well the man had done to buy it so cheap until I saw it was

an 18 year old BMW

"A Christchurch ( NZ ) man has managed to pick up a BMW for just one-dollar.

Car dealership Stadium Cars regularly list auctions on Trade Me with a $1 reserve,( about 50 Pence in UK money ) but

yesterday the man who uploads them made the mistake of also adding a buy now.

The car's a blue 1994 BMW.

Technically the dealer doesn't have to go through with the purchase, as it's obviously human error. But Stadium Cars says

it will honour the deal."

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/14503028/bmw-sells-for-1-reserve-on-trade-me/

Trade me is a NZ version of E-Bay as far as I can tell - I don't visit either website.

Edited by Saint in Paradise

Stick it by the side of a road with a handwritten sheet of A4 paper in the window with the mileage (include the words 'genuine miles' & 'genuine reason for sale'), Tax & MOT duration, and your mobile phone number. Don't forget to include the line, One careful lady owner, and include any extras or other useful info in the form of abbreviations. FSH. Met Paint. ESR. AC. EW.

Oh, and remember to close with the classic, 'No time wasters, please'.

:-)