Liverpool

Griffo

I guess everything is relative, and it is not a terrible shout, but its a bit of a waste in a city celebrated for its flange.

Liverpool? Really? Is 'celebrated' the word you meant to say?

Women up here are top.

I'd like to take it all back. The women of Liverpool are wonderful, wonderful people.

Thanks for the tip, great pub despite Pap's "feedback".

Lord D, how often do you go drinking? What was so great about the Ship and Mitre?

Clearly, there was something about it to earn this assessment of "great", and you're not as terse when talking about things you take an interest in, such as the Labour Party.

Why bung my name on the end? What's wrong with "Thanks for the tip, great pub".

It's fairly clear you want a discussion with me. I'd suggest you start by qualifying your opinion, and we'll go from there.

• 3 weeks later...
Lord D, how often do you go drinking? What was so great about the Ship and Mitre?

Clearly, there was something about it to earn this assessment of "great", and you're not as terse when talking about things you take an interest in, such as the Labour Party.

Why bung my name on the end? What's wrong with "Thanks for the tip, great pub".

It's fairly clear you want a discussion with me. I'd suggest you start by qualifying your opinion, and we'll go from there.

I go out drinking plenty thanks, but having a nice piece of "flange" at home pick pubs for atmosphere and standard of beer. The said establishment was busy,but you didn't have to wait too long, was full of friendly locals and had a fantastic choice of real ale, reasonably priced. I met two of my muckers who I hadn't seen for near on 20 years so a good time was had by all. Just a shame the match got in the way of a good booze up. It went so well that we all agreed to meet up again during the summer, this time with our flanges in tow.

I got the feeling that you weren't too impressed as you made some comment about middle aged men and no "flange". That is the reason i mentioned you, because i felt you were wrong about this great pub.

I go out drinking plenty thanks, but having a nice piece of "flange" at home pick pubs for atmosphere and standard of beer. The said establishment was busy,but you didn't have to wait too long, was full of friendly locals and had a fantastic choice of real ale, reasonably priced. I met two of my muckers who I hadn't seen for near on 20 years so a good time was had by all. Just a shame the match got in the way of a good booze up. It went so well that we all agreed to meet up again during the summer, this time with our flanges in tow.

I got the feeling that you weren't too impressed as you made some comment about middle aged men and no "flange". That is the reason i mentioned you, because i felt you were wrong about this great pub.

Ha, I didn't realise the little bugger lost quite as much interest over the years, Lord D.

I'm glad you had a good time. Can think of a slightly better reasons for coming here than the Ship and Mitre, though :)

Haven't been to too many, or I've been to the 'bars' rather than the pubs as only really been there on nights out.

Ship and mitre had a good vibe, decent bar maids (one of which I got her number) ;), good beers if you like either ales or foreign lagers. Went back there after the game for a few more as was working my way through the bar before the game !

Although saying that I did end up out in Birkenhead which isn't one of the best decisions I';ve ever made !