Vignal - £10k

Makin - £5k

Hammill - £5k

Safri - £7k

Lundekvam - £15k

Viafara - £10k

Licka - £4k

Rondos/Ranger/Baseya - £2k each, £6k total

That adds up to £138kpw, which is £7.2m saved over a year.

Then there's the other short term loans. Dailly was apparently on £20k a week for what, 2 months? That's another, £120k on it's own. Also Ifil, Mettomo, Pericard, R. Wright and Lucketti.

I'd say when you add on the much lower wages of the players we've signed, it probably still comes out £6.5m - £7m a year lower.

We've also saved a bit from closing the corners, scrapping the bus vouchers and effectively doubling the cost of a replica shirt.

but John (I bet more like £17k a week), Saga, Rasiak (Ibet closer to 17k a week) and Dyer have only left the wage bill temporarilty. We paid them ALL summer and we will pay them all next summer as well - not to mention the fact John, Saga and Dyer are short term loans not the full season.

He sayd **** all for months and then this statement. The first paragraph about it all being the previous boards fault just killed it for me. I didn't bother reading the rest.

Interesting read in the paper yesterday about Niall Quinn. he talked of how when Sunderland lost 15,000 ST holders, the club went on a charm offensive, built bridges and won the punters back... got promoted and they are where are. We have Lowe... it isn't going to happen. The man is poison and as CB Fry has said, will never look forward and will also never look back and admit his colossal part in the failure. The club will never move forward with him there. End of

Quinn and Keane spent millions (about £7m in fact before the summer wondow closed) as soon as they took over and then went on a massive winning streak. I wonder what got fans returning, Quinn saying the right things or the team threatening promotion?

but John (I bet more like £17k a week), Saga, Rasiak (Ibet closer to 17k a week) and Dyer have only left the wage bill temporarilty. We paid them ALL summer and we will pay them all next summer as well - not to mention the fact John, Saga and Dyer are short term loans not the full season.

I acknowledge that this is just the theory, and the wage bill would have been higher until the likes of Rasiak and Saga left at the end of summer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Rasiak is on a season long loan. So we will have saved a year's wages (minus a couple of months in summer), even if the dates don't match up with the financial year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dyer, John and Saga's loans were extended too, or in Dyer's case sent else where because the Blades have figured him out as a one trick pony who can't cross.

We've saved a lot to be sure but we need to save even more.

As long as the banished don't come back at any time in the near future

we might sell just one player in January and loan out one other.

If Saga comes back (and I think he will because I think they have a winter break in Denmark of over 3 months, last game 7/12 next game, 1st of March)

I can't quite see how we're going to get on. I mean he's been playing a high standard of football with Aalborg but just might not slot into our new system

easily (on the other hand he might be perfect in tandem with McG).

Whether we can stand taking on his salary again without having to send Skacel or Euell out on loan I just couldn't say.

To me the main architect of our current desperate state is none other than Burley.

Although at the time I agreed he was probably one of the best options, it is the players he was allowed to bring into the club on huge wages, while other better motivated players left for a song.

We can only surmise why the executive at the time allowed him almost free reign to bring in some of those players. Certainly they are all responsible for our current plight.

Considerable blame attaches to Lowe's policy after relegation for crassly demotivating the team and getting rid of useful players at firesale prices-(just look at Stoke).

It is impossible to know how much blame attaches to Crouch, or even if he would have invested with associates if the malevolent influence of the Lowe cabal had not been there.

However we must all hope that we weather the storm of the next eighteen months and refinance, get a new committed set of directors in, lose our AIM status and return to a closed company.

In my view Lowe's Chairmanship, apart from SMS (and it is a moot point whether another chairman may have managed that better because he was effectively rescued by Southampton City Council), and the inspired appointment at WGS - which was undone by downright shortsighted foolishness, has been a disaster.

He has truly destroyed the "Spirit of Southampton Football Club."

Finally a big thankyou to The Scottish FA, the best bit of business we ever did.

Unfortunately even though our youth are beginning to flower, we run the risk of our finest being sold off.

Finally IMO a good chairman would be looking at a rights issue to secure the overdraft rather than the almost certain relegation and further drop in attendances that selling our best players would bring.

Cambsaint

"We are not currently strong enough to indulge the small, but vocal, negative elements of our support base and need everybody to pull together while we recover our financial strength."

Lowelife had better think again if he thinks crowds are going to recover whilst him and judas are at the club. Reading the article and this paragraph in particular reminds what a smug pompous arsehole he is.

yup

Its the appearance bonus money of Rasiak and John which is the problem

ok so were bleeding money and its a little obvious that we'll sell in january. perhaps this site with passionate supporters should focus efforts on trying to do things to raise funds for the club. I'm not suggesting car boot sales or summer fete's on the pitch but perhaps through the supporters club things could happen (sorry not able to start a thread) i noticed at Reading the people selling the golden gamble tickets (similar to 50/50 tickets at ice hockey)

avearage attendance around 10,000 so perhaps 5,000 buy a ticket for a £1 and the prize is £2,500 and the rest goes to the club. ok i know that this is not going to solve our problems overnight but its a start. (admins or anyone feel free to start this as a new thread)

ok so were bleeding money and its a little obvious that we'll sell in january. perhaps this site with passionate supporters should focus efforts on trying to do things to raise funds for the club. I'm not suggesting car boot sales or summer fete's on the pitch but perhaps through the supporters club things could happen (sorry not able to start a thread) i noticed at Reading the people selling the golden gamble tickets (similar to 50/50 tickets at ice hockey)

avearage attendance around 10,000 so perhaps 5,000 buy a ticket for a £1 and the prize is £2,500 and the rest goes to the club. ok i know that this is not going to solve our problems overnight but its a start. (admins or anyone feel free to start this as a new thread)

good idea but while fans have the mindset that the money is somehow going into RL's pocket it is not going to happen

Lallana was only used for about 20 mins in total last year, it is only due to the getting rid of the experienced players and playing youth that he is a regular.

Schneiderlin was slated on here as being lightweight (alpine) inexperienced, waste of money and Lowe signing.

Interesting that how gutted people will be if they are sold.

They are exactly the sort of players we should be building a future promotion push around.

good idea but while fans have the mindset that the money is somehow going into RL's pocket it is not going to happen

as i was typing it i thought exactly the same and i for one would not want to line his pockets any further maybe the trust could run it and present the money in some sort of bond probably directly to the bank !!

I do not think that this forum has 'slagged off' the younger players it has just been said that the Championship is a tough league to be young and inexperienced in. The players that have been justifiably criticised have been inter alia the no-hopers Makin Wright (not Richard) and Powell.

I have read the reports of JPs comments about January but I think that Schneiderlin, Lallana and Surman may very well go next month to balance the books due to the poor crowds. Also, as they do not seem to be featuring for their adopted clubs, some of the players loaned out may come back.