£4.9 Million Loss reported/players to be sold

qwertySFC

Yes Lowe presided over our relegation but was not fully reponsible.

But let us forget the past and think of the future we are playing again tomorrow and another win would be very good.

If only we could.......

While Lowe is here it will not happen and particulary when he wants to blame

others,yet fails to accept any blame for our precdicament.

"We are not currently strong enough to indulge the small, but vocal, negative elements of our support base and need everybody to pull together while we recover our financial strength."

Lowelife had better think again if he thinks crowds are going to recover whilst him and judas are at the club. Reading the article and this paragraph in particular reminds what a smug pompous arsehole he is.

Presumably lowe was talking about that same very small element that set this chain of events off back in 2004, when they helped frighten off Glenn Hoddle.

but by identifying and appointing a relegated manager in WGS is he solely responsible to the good seasons under his and the cup final?

His job was to identify a manger not go for the cheap option and hope it worked.

Stuart Gray..another disaster

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

if we hadnt signed stern we would have gone down, so john was worth every penny in wages. saga on the other hand...

... was on the pitch when John scored 14 of his 19 goals and scored a crucial goal against the Blades which kept us up?

No? Okay, witch hunt it is then.

ok, try again -

if you are saying Lowe is solely responsible for our poor season when we got relegated as he appointed the manager was he solely responsible for the good season prior to the as he appointed the manager for that period, including cup final? Just following the logic of your reasoning.

not arguing about the respective quality or lack of it for various managers

ok, try again -

if you are saying Lowe is solely responsible for our poor season when we got relegated as he appointed the manager was he solely responsible for the good season prior to the as he appointed the manager for that period, including cup final? Just following the logic of your reasoning.

not arguing about the respective quality or lack of it for various managers

It was his job to maintain a improvement not gamble it away on

underqualified people.

He was paid to do the job right and is rightfull held responsible when he failed.

Is there anything rupert can do that would make you not love him

or are you a relation or a share holder he controls/

I don't like him but saints come first.

You can no more say he was solely responsible for relegation than you can for the cup final -and think you realise that.

He was to blame/credit for, to some extent both.

Why when you reasoning fails do you resort to claiming people love lowe? Say more about you getting personal than any of my points.

go on try and answer it?! or does your logic fall down!

The Chairman is expected (and paid) to run the business in a succesful and competant manner , RL deserves credit for appointing WGS and getting the club to a cup final , but that is his job . On the other hand he must take responsibilty for the managerial failure that led directly to our relegation .

Any Navy man on here will tell you - the Captain is both responsible and answerable for the safty of his ship - Captain Rupert ran us aground in 2005 , this club may never recover from that .

This is simply the same bad news reported in July.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10348

Since then we have disposed of some substantial wages:

II

Powell

Ostlund

John

Saga

Rasiak

Dyer

Davies (We even got a fee!)

In addition we received a sell-on for Crouch.

Just Euell's contract to see out and thats probably 100k pw / £5.2m off the wage bill to kick off.

We always knew this would be the figure so why the surprise?

"We are not currently strong enough to indulge the small, but vocal, negative elements of our support base and need everybody to pull together while we recover our financial strength."

I want Lowe gone for good. He is a failure for SFC.

However, I wish he would be a liitle bit more conciliatory. I am going tomorrow night but he leaves me wondering why bother.

This is simply the same bad news reported in July.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10348

Since then we have disposed of some substantial wages:

II

Powell

Ostlund

John

Saga

Rasiak

Dyer

Davies (We even got a fee!)

In addition we received a sell-on for Crouch.

Just Euell's contract to see out and thats probably 100k pw / £5.2m off the wage bill to kick off.

We always knew this would be the figure so why the surprise?

Yeah, you can add to that:

J. Wright

Vignal

Makin

Hammill

Safri

Lundekvam

Viafara

None of which came cheap, all shaved from the wage bill. Then there's also Licka, Baseya, Ranger, Mettomo and Rhondos who probably were cheap.

Not forgetting some short term loans who we had during the last financial year at different times:

Pericard, Lucketti, O' Halloran, Ifil, Dailly and Wright, the last 2 probably on very high wages.

All in all, I'd say we've knocked a good £7m or so off the wage bill, even with the replacements.

Yeah, you can add to that:

J. Wright

Vignal

Makin

Hammill

Safri

Lundekvam

Viafara

None of which came cheap, all shaved from the wage bill. Then there's also Licka, Baseya, Ranger, Mettomo and Rhondos who probably were cheap.

Not forgetting some short term loans who we had during the last financial year at different times:

Pericard, Lucketti, O' Halloran, Ifil, Dailly and Wright, the last 2 probably on very high wages.

All in all, I'd say we've knocked a good £7m or so off the wage bill, even with the replacements.

I would be amazed if our wage bill has dropped from 12million to 5million.

Even if it had, we would also need to lose another 5million+ from elsewhere to turn a profit on normal operations (7million if you include our interest costs!!!!!!).

I would be amazed if our wage bill has dropped from 12million to 5million.

Even if it had, we would also need to lose another 5million+ from elsewhere to turn a profit on normal operations (7million if you include our interest costs!!!!!!).

Well, if we take the wages of those players as:

II - £12k

Powell - £10k

Ostlund - £5k

John - £10k

Saga -£10k

Rasiak - £12k

Dyer - £2k

Davies - £10k

J. Wright - £5k

Vignal - £10k

Makin - £5k

Hammill - £5k

Safri - £7k

Lundekvam - £15k

Viafara - £10k

Licka - £4k

Rondos/Ranger/Baseya - £2k each, £6k total

That adds up to £138kpw, which is £7.2m saved over a year.

Then there's the other short term loans. Dailly was apparently on £20k a week for what, 2 months? That's another, £120k on it's own. Also Ifil, Mettomo, Pericard, R. Wright and Lucketti.

I'd say when you add on the much lower wages of the players we've signed, it probably still comes out £6.5m - £7m a year lower.

We've also saved a bit from closing the corners, scrapping the bus vouchers and effectively doubling the cost of a replica shirt.

The Interims are normally out soon into the new year, so it won't be long to wait, but I will happily wager that our wage bill is not 2.5million for the six month period.

It's definitely come down, but no way by 7million on an annual basis.

Fancy a wager (I may need to recoup my losses when Pulis hits 20 odd appearances!!!).

The club is in a state of financial crisis! Or are some people struggling to grasp that?!

We unfortunately are not in a position to be able to turn down any decent offers for players, it’s a shame but it’s true.

Perhaps if our home attendances were a bit better then it might not be quite as serious? Of course, not for a second would I blame our current plight on the supporters, but it is a valid point.

Don't recall our attendances stopping the sale of Bridge, Richards, Beattie, Phillips, Crouch, Baird, Jones etc, don't mean to be argumentive just pointing out that Lowe has all ways sold, we could have 24k for the rest of the season and he'd still sell!

Don't recall our attendances stopping the sale of Bridge, Richards, Beattie, Phillips, Crouch, Baird, Jones etc, don't mean to be argumentive just pointing out that Lowe has all ways sold, we could have 24k for the rest of the season and he'd still sell!

And if the highly unlikely happened and we became profitable he'd pay a dividend and award himself and his cronies a nice big bonus.

I don't like him but saints come first.

You can no more say he was solely responsible for relegation than you can for the cup final -and think you realise that.

He was to blame/credit for, to some extent both.

Why when you reasoning fails do you resort to claiming people love lowe? Say more about you getting personal than any of my points.

I want the man to admit to the major part of the responsiblity for overseeing the start of our demise.

I simply asked you a question about your alleigence to Lowe as it seems like blind faith.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

That statement is utter drivel from Lowe.

Regular CB Fry haters will know I am often quick to attack those I regularly bicker with because I feel people too often dwell on the past - going on about the fact we were relegated, three managers in a season and all the rest of it. "Get over it" I'll say, "it happens" (well, maybe I stretch it out a little into a twenty line post....;-)).

But christ, does someone need to "get over it".

Step forward R Lowe.

Get. over. it.

That statement does him zero favours, and does nothing for the club, the unity of the fans, the faith of the manager, the players, the coaching stuff.

Self serving, post rationalizing, kitchen sink excuse making drivel.

Tell you what Rupert - if you are fed up with your detractors (rightly) blaming you for relegation, then maybe you should lead the way by taking the righteous path.

Wacky, I know, but how about

stopping blaming everyone else

being positive about the future in a genuine, non sneering way

understanding that whining about the mistakes of others does not fix today any more than "your detractors" moaning about relegation will get us (re)promoted.

Repeat after me Rupert - we are where we are.

Maybe if you started doing it it might, just a little, temper down everyone else. Maybe those that you rile might get slightly less riled. Maybe we might swallow this Dutch plan as a real plan rather than a plan designed to help you make a point to "us" about you being right all along.

So Rupert son, get. over. it. and. start. moving. forward.

Or, better still, fu ck off out of it now.

Regular CB Fry haters will know I am often quick to attack those I regularly bicker with because I feel people too often dwell on the past - going on about the fact we were relegated, three managers in a season and all the rest of it. "Get over it" I'll say, "it happens" (well, maybe I stretch it out a little into a twenty line post....;-)).

Step forward R Lowe.

Get. over. it.

That statement does him zero favours, and does nothing for the club, the unity of the fans, the faith of the manager, the players, the coaching stuff.

Tell you what Rupert - if you are fed up with your detractors (rightly) blaming you for relegation, then maybe you should lead the way by taking the righteous path.

understanding that whining about the mistakes of others does not fix today any more than "your detractors" moaning about relegation will get us (re)promoted.

Maybe if you started doing it it might, just a little, temper down everyone else. Maybe those that you rile might get slightly less riled. Maybe we might swallow this Dutch plan as a real plan rather than a plan designed to help you make a point to "us" about you being right all along.

I enjoyed that post very much, particularly the bit in bold at the bottom.

Step forward R Lowe.

Get. over. it.

:smt038 Where's the battle cry from our PLC chairman in our hour of need. His leadership qualities are terrible. He certainly is no Richard Branson.:smt075

He sayd **** all for months and then this statement. The first paragraph about it all being the previous boards fault just killed it for me. I didn't bother reading the rest.

Interesting read in the paper yesterday about Niall Quinn. he talked of how when Sunderland lost 15,000 ST holders, the club went on a charm offensive, built bridges and won the punters back... got promoted and they are where are. We have Lowe... it isn't going to happen. The man is poison and as CB Fry has said, will never look forward and will also never look back and admit his colossal part in the failure. The club will never move forward with him there. End of

He sayd **** all for months and then this statement. The first paragraph about it all being the previous boards fault just killed it for me. I didn't bother reading the rest.

Interesting read in the paper yesterday about Niall Quinn. he talked of how when Sunderland lost 15,000 ST holders, the club went on a charm offensive, built bridges and won the punters back... got promoted and they are where are. We have Lowe... it isn't going to happen. The man is poison and as CB Fry has said, will never look forward and will also never look back and admit his colossal part in the failure. The club will never move forward with him there. End of

The plc chairman acts like a leader of a political party rather than a leisure & service industry leader.

Presumably lowe was talking about that same very small element that set this chain of events off back in 2004, when they helped frighten off Glenn Hoddle.

Back to blaming the fans again, can we please put this "fans chased Hoddle away so it's our own fault" argument to bed once and for all

http://www.gloriousfootball.com/hoddle-no-longer-a-candidate-for-saints-job/2162/

Please read & digest this article, then never use this argument again, please!

Back to blaming the fans again, can we please put this "fans chased Hoddle away so it's our own fault" argument to bed once and for all

http://www.gloriousfootball.com/hoddle-no-longer-a-candidate-for-saints-job/2162/

Please read & digest this article, then never use this argument again, please!

The directors were against the appointment because of the supporters' reaction.

Step forward R Lowe.

Get. over. it.

Great post! I liked the satirical opening, enjoyed the middle & loved the last line. You've a straight, no nonsense approach to your posts & certainly don't suffer fools lightly. Nice one. I like this new & improved Fry chap! ;0)

As Stanley said, that statement had Lowe written all over it. The vested snipes a pure give away. What a koont!

Step forward R Lowe.

Get. over. it.

A rather passionate, but spot on post.

What this Club is calling out for is a leader who can engender the support of the fans, someone who can build bridges and someone who can pull us all together.

This was a great opportunity to draw a line under the past and move forward. For me, it was less about the numbers and instead how they were framed.

And once again, Lowe's pig headedness, his arrogance and his lack of understanding of the bigger picture shone through in almost every line.

Just what are Wilde, Cowen and Jones doing when Lowe goes off on one????

Surely one of them should have pulled him to one side and said "Are you really sure you want to say all this? Are you sure it's absolutely necessary?"

Just as that Radio Solent interview proved when he first came back on the scene, he really hasn't changed and more worryingly, he hasn't learnt from his previous mistakes.

A rather passionate, but spot on post.

What this Club is calling out for is a leader who can engender the support of the fans, someone who can build bridges and someone who can pull us all together.

This was a great opportunity to draw a line under the past and move forward. For me, it was less about the numbers and instead how they were framed.

And once again, Lowe's pig headedness, his arrogance and his lack of understanding of the bigger picture shone through in almost every line.

Surely one of them should have pulled him to one side and said "Are you really sure you want to say all this? Are you sure it's absolutely necessary?"

Just as that Radio Solent interview proved when he first came back on the scene, he really hasn't changed and more worryingly, he hasn't learnt from his previous mistakes.

I've felt for a long time that Lowe has a king-size messiah complex. No, I don't know the man, but his actions and statements, going back several years, point in this direction. This statement simply reinforces that view.

If I thought that the statement was nothing more than spin and froth then it wouldn't really bother me too much. What really worries me is that I think he actually believes every word of it.

I've felt for a long time that Lowe has a king-size messiah complex. No, I don't know the man, but his actions and statements, going back several years, point in this direction. This statement simply reinforces that view.

If I thought that the statement was nothing more than spin and froth then it wouldn't really bother me too much. What really worries me is that I think he actually believes every word of it.

Well I believe most of it as it is stating the facts and I certainly do not have a messiah complex mind you I dont know what one is .

Obviously he believes it because he wrote it.

What in your opinion should have been in the AR

Mr Crouch did a good job and the team was performing well

Do you really reckon that Wilde, Cowen or Jones have the balls to be critical of Lowe? They are all his poodles. You only have to reread the piece by Wiseman where he says that a board meeting run by Lowe has to be seen to be believed. Quite simply, he is an arrogant bully and probably has been since he started Prep School. He just doesn't have the humility to admit that he could have been wrong about anything, even under circumstances like these where as C B Fry rightly says that bridges need to be built with the fans, instead of bad-mouthing them.

Well I believe most of it as it is stating the facts and I certainly do not have a messiah complex mind you I dont know what one is .

Obviously he believes it because he wrote it.

What in your opinion should have been in the AR

Mr Crouch did a good job and the team was performing well

Why would I think that you have a messiah complex? You didn't write that stuff. If you wish to believe it then that's up to you.

I'd expect a chairman's statement to give a summary of the position and prospects of the company; no more, no less. I wouldn't expect comments about former chairmen or chief execs, just a straight statement of the current position. Lowe's statement is nothing of the sort.

Why would I think that you have a messiah complex? You didn't write that stuff. If you wish to believe it then that's up to you.

I'd expect a chairman's statement to give a summary of the position and prospects of the company; no more, no less. I wouldn't expect comments about former chairmen or chief execs, just a straight statement of the current position. Lowe's statement is nothing of the sort.

It is not the current situation however it is the situation he took over in May 2008

I hope we hold on to are younger players untill the summer where they will be worth more Lallana signed a new deal at the start of the season so cant see him going till at least the summer in which we should accept no less then 4 mill for him but Reading are waiting to see if hunt goes in jan if he does there signing surman from what i have heard for around 2 mill.

If we sell either saga or john for 250 maybe 500k and keep the other striker im sure they would fire goals and help us finish in the top half of the table and increase there vaule in the summer and sell them then.

The thing is, having those four on high wages is only the same as having 8 players on low to average wages. If we had a huge squad of high earners like last season then I could see the loss, but four players?

I'd describe his season more as: Scoring (3 in his first 3 starts), dropped, 20 minutes a month, injured, dropped, back in poor team, struggling.

I wouldn't exactly say he was dropped at the end either. He started the last 2 games of the season and played 9/13 or 10/14 under Pearson, depending on whether you include the Plymouth game.

the thing is though Arizona, the likes of Rasiak, Saga, Skacel etc are going to be on 15-20k a week - thats why the wage bill is £12m. The young replacements are going to be on about £1-2k a week. That is a massive difference.

We will never agree on Saga. IMO he is just another Dobie that got lucky when on loan then failed to rediscover that scoring touch when we signed him. Without the goals he offered nothing. I disagree fully that he worked harder than anyone else. John did less running but BWP mtached it and at pace.