Worst Pubs Ever!

pilsburydoughboy

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Anyone remember The Marsh?

It was just over the Southampton side of the Itchen bridge,by Albert Rd.

Now that was rough.

I remember one time in there when someone was hit over the head with a baseball bat and someone else had a barstool over their back.

Funny though at the time I used to think it was a quiet place.

Well it would be with everyone unconscious.:rolleyes:

There was a pub I used to occasionally go to in the meadows, Nottingham, that was rough as guts sometimes. Thing is, it was sort of a given that if you didn't want any, you didn't get any. Tough blokes pub though, some proper hard men in there. Quite a nice lot actually, if anyone who wasn't looking for it got some aggro, most would stick their neck out even if they didn't know you. Good drinking pub, see, so it was worth a pint.

There are many in Coventry you should avoid.

My personal favourite is the Cedars in Coundon. Looks nice on the outside but the locals make it f*cking unbearable, the worst kind of inbred Chav scum you can imagine.

As a general sh*tty place to avoid is the Grapes on Radford road. Nothing particularly wrong with it it's just a bit run down and the beer is nothign special. But it is just down the end of the road, so sometimes have a pint there as it is convenient.

Edited by Colinjb

the merryoak.

I would also agree although i spent many a happy friday afternoon down there during my Itchen College days.

Its closed down now (which doesnt suprise me).

Ive also been to some rough pubs in hedge end where i walked in to have a beer with my old man, girlfriend and the shooting team to have a pool ball thrown at me - bastards!!

I would also agree although i spent many a happy friday afternoon down there during my Itchen College days.

Likewise. How old are you Ozz? I went to Itched too and used to drink in there at lunchtimes sometimes, nice pint and chips!

There were a few college parties in there whereby it trailed on into the night and apparently a few of the regulars never liked the student and after the majority of people left, it kicked off with a few students being done over. :rolleyes:

Likewise. How old are you Ozz? I went to Itched too and used to drink in there at lunchtimes sometimes, nice pint and chips!

There were a few college parties in there whereby it trailed on into the night and apparently a few of the regulars never liked the student and after the majority of people left, it kicked off with a few students being done over. :rolleyes:

Im 23 now so was at Itchen some what 5ish years ago. Yeah remember the old college parties. Always had a single lesson last thing on a friday which i would always go absolutly steaming to.

As **** as it was, it was a classic - loved it!!

Ive also been to some rough pubs in hedge end where i walked in to have a beer with my old man, girlfriend and the shooting team to have a pool ball thrown at me - bastards!!

Fountain?

ooh, the Black Dog in Weymouth certainly used to be damn rough.

oo stayed in weymouth couple of xmas's ago, i think (if its the same one) walked into there and walked out again. in fact i dont think i got further than opening the door then turning away again...

Hate to say it but the Saints in Millbrook is a choice boozer

great pub! use it often.

some of the best people you will meet, (obviously some nobs, but in the minority) if you actually tried going in there;)

AND they are reopening the old off licence/kebab shop attached to the side and making the menu bigger in the next 2 weeks...

proper local:)

roughest pub for me was The Tudors in shirley warren.

used to be like something out of a western film when fights kicked off on a satdee night, chairs everywhere, but next day everyone met in there again and laughed it off, and carried on(drinking that is:D)

the saints in millbrook is a cracker...is the nearest pub to where i grew up..used to know a few people that used to go there...was a tad rough

the maybush used to be a bit dodgy....a mix of millbrook and shirley warren lads...who were kewl..

tuders in the warren was bad as was the ringside

the maybush used to be a bit dodgy....a mix of millbrook and shirley warren lads...who were kewl..

tuders in the warren was bad as was the ringside

Ive drunk in the Maybush/Tops/Bush Inn for near on 20 years now, throughout that time I could list the amount of fights in there, its not the kind of pub people come to looking for a fight, invariably every one knows each other, you would have a slight bingle between 2 people with about 5 others trying to break it up, it never got out of hand, not really as the place is kind of disciplined by the patrons.

Ringside used to get trouble because of the eclectic mix of people that, if not regularly drunk there, would come to see certain "personalities" and then would bump into people they had a run in with years previous that never really got sorted add to that those who were intent on creating a reputation for themselves