Basketball

OldNick

i sampled my first ever live Basketball match in the US. I had never seen anything in the game before ( I still dont understand some of the rules) but it was entertaining from the moment we got into the arena.

Interestingly for me the tickets we bought came with a voucher for a pizza and coke and were mid ranged seats $26. The dancing girls were superb and they were very professional and did some real technical stuff. The game itself was exciting and the atmosphere when Miami looked to be getting ahead near the end was really good. I would reecommend anyone travelling across to the States to go and watch a game, it is so much better than it comes across on TV.

We couldnt match them for the entertainment if we tried to put it on over here.

So why did you actually see?
Miami Heat v Toronto Raptors. I dont think it was top league. The 'Heats' number 3 Wade made history that night im told by scoring a high amount of points and setting up lots as well. Miami lost 97-104 if my memory serves me well. I will look for the Heats results in future and hope they do well.I was also going to watch an American football game Miami v NE P atriots but was put off by the high price I was told tickets to get a reasonable view was (there were 6 of us ) $150-200 each.

I too have seen the Raptors,. at the skydome indoor arena in Toronto,great entertainment and good value.

I used to go and see the London Towers play quite often,proved much more expensive in comparison,but still entertaining enough.

The entertainment and keeping fans interested was first class. I hate the pre match waiting and half time at saints. Clubs have tried the soccerette thing but the quality of the gilrs and their dancing was superb, something that we over here lacked when we tired it.

I also wondered if we perhaps gave food vouchers out at games to say kids accompanied with parents so the kids got a burger or yorkie with their ticket

The entertainment and keeping fans interested was first class. I hate the pre match waiting and half time at saints. Clubs have tried the soccerette thing but the quality of the gilrs and their dancing was superb, something that we over here lacked when we tired it.

I also wondered if we perhaps gave food vouchers out at games to say kids accompanied with parents so the kids got a burger or yorkie with their ticket

Nick - having been to see Saints last week, I actually enjoyed not having all the music and other sideshow entertainment! Although you are correct on the quality of the sideshow. I have never really enjoyed basketball, maybe because the Atlanta team has always been fairly bad. College is better - because they are not professional there are more errors. NBA seems a constant stream of scoring. One team scores, the other goes down the other end and scores and so on.

Miami Heat v Toronto Raptors. I dont think it was top league.

Obviously they don't have a divisional structure in the same way that we do in this country, as all the conferences in the NBA are technically at the same level, but that was a 'top flight' game.

Nick - having been to see Saints last week, I actually enjoyed not having all the music and other sideshow entertainment! Although you are correct on the quality of the sideshow. I have never really enjoyed basketball, maybe because the Atlanta team has always been fairly bad. College is better - because they are not professional there are more errors. NBA seems a constant stream of scoring. One team scores, the other goes down the other end and scores and so on.

Well we enjoyed it and would definately go again. I do accept that the entertainment would wear off, but those girls....