Training at SMS

paulwantsapint

Do the team still train at SMS?

Only ask as remember when WGS 1st came we couldn't win at home so he got players to train on pitch so they could get use to playing there.

Yes it may cost a bit on groundsman & up keep but if it removes any fear factor in kids minds would be worth it as every place higher is league is worth higher amount of cash at end of season

A great Idea to train at SMS a couple of days a week especially maybe on a day or night before a game. Most teams in european competitions ask to train on the opponents pitch the night before the game , gives them a feel for the pitch and perhaps more importantly a awareness of distances and visual lines. In the old days before training grounds became the norm teams always trained on there home pitch , I remember as a nipper I was outside the Dell everyday looking for players autographs when they finished training.

Somebody should point out to Jan that a bit of training at SMS my help the lads.

And just as a by the way...

What happened to the pre-match huddle? We haven't had one for the past several matches. I would have thought that it was there to fire up the players, to give them a psychological boost. At the same time, I notice several of the opposition teams have adopted it.

So at the moment we need:

• Training sessions back at St Marys
  • Open training sessions
  • Pre-match huddles
  • Cerridwen, the witch lady

Strachan used to have Friday training sessions at the Stadium. To hell with the groundsmen and winning the best surface in the league competition.

Pre match huddles are bad for the taller players who might do their backs in bending over the drafts in the squad. And don't forget the under aged players and older men shouldn't be encouraged in huddles and cuddles.

Cerridwen ought to be called in to do her thing in the Boardroom. Plenty of evil spirits lingering there that need chasing away. I heard of one named Rupert that lurks in the tunnel before home games.

I thought that rattles were supposed to drive away evil spirits and why previously football supporters used them. Perhaps she might bring along one or two rattle snakes to shake up one or two things.