Minutes Silence for Thatcher?

Born In The 80s

I do, I give t to charity, you probably want to tax it.
No, give it away. Pity you're spending your money on having 3 or 4 holidays a year, when you could be giving that to a local family in need to go away for a week, not much sharing going on there.

No, give it away. Pity you're spending your money on having 3 or 4 holidays a year, when you could be giving that to a local family in need to go away for a week, not much sharing going on there.

Why should I give everything? I give something and certainly am prepared to give more through my taxes for public utilities to be maintained and kept.

More people in Southampton wanted to vote for her party than any of the other options, three times on the trot, that's a fact.

Are you sure??? Sure Chope was only a two term MP???

And certainly not denying that for most of her tenure we returned Tory MPs, merely that they both got in with a minority support, which doesn't indicate a groundswell of support from the citizens of our City.

More people in Southampton wanted to vote for her party than any of the other options, three times on the trot, that's a fact.

That is simply incorrect. Bob Mitchell held the Itchen seat in '79 & only lost it in '83 when the left wing vote was split between Mitchell who had moved over the the Social Democrats and Denham who was the (L) candidate. The vote was still split in '87. As soon as the SD vote was off the scene, uniting the vote of the left (L) was voted back in.

Thankfully Itchen was always been left of center bar the '83 & '87 elections.

Are you sure??? Sure Chope was only a two term MP???

And certainly not denying that for most of her tenure we returned Tory MPs, merely that they both got in with a minority support, which doesn't indicate a groundswell of support from the citizens of our City.

Yes sure. Cope was only two terms, but the overall vote in Southampton in '79 was higher for the Tories than Labour, the Tories then saw comfortable election wins under Thatcher in Southampton.

That is simply incorrect. Bob Mitchell held the Itchen seat in '79 & only lost it in '83 when the left wing vote was split between Mitchell who had moved over the the Social Democrats and Denham who was the (L) candidate. The vote was still split in '87. As soon as the SD vote was off the scene, uniting the vote of the left (L) was voted back in.

Thankfully Itchen was always been left of center bar the '83 & '87 elections.

I'd suggest you read my post again. In '79 more people voted Tory in Southampton than Labour. They further backed Thatchet's tenure in two more general elections. Those are the facts.

I'd suggest you read my post again. In '79 more people voted Tory in Southampton than Labour. They further backed Thatchet's tenure in two more general elections. Those are the facts.

in '79 I believe the totals are split by about 400 votes & if you cannot grasp why for the only time in post war history Itchen had been blue then you're not as bright as I've always assumed.

It's no accident that Itchen remained red in the last election.