Kenwyn Jones up to his old tricks

rooney

Stoke fume as Jones downs tools

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Tue, 01/14/2014 - 06:54

Share on emailShare on print

Stoke City have fined Kenwyne Jones after he downed tools on Saturday.

The Daily Mail reports Jones has been fined two weeks' wages by Stoke after texting manager Mark Hughes to say he was unavailable to play against Liverpool.

The Trinidad and Tobago striker was hit with an £80,000 penalty after failing to report for Sunday's game.

Jones, who has six months left on his contract, contacted his manager on Saturday night to say he had no intention of turning up at the Britannia Stadium.

Stoke were unsure whether he would carry through his threat but it became evident that the 29-year-old would not be playing after he failed to attend the team's pre-match meal at the club's Clayton Wood training ground.

For breaking stories and all the great banter like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tribalfootball

Read more:

Transfers

Premiership News

Liverpo

Apparently it all kicked off at the training ground on Friday when Jones blocked a player in (the name starting with A that I can't spell) and wouldn't move his car resulting in it getting a huge f**k off dent and plenty of subsequent argy bargy.

He went out on the razzle in Manchester on Saturday night and spent Sunday shopping at the Trafford Centre.

Apparently it all kicked off at the training ground on Friday when Jones blocked a player in (the name starting with A that I can't spell) and wouldn't move his car resulting in it getting a huge f**k off dent and plenty of subsequent argy bargy.

He went out on the razzle in Manchester on Saturday night and spent Sunday shopping at the Trafford Centre.

This account has the ring of truth about it. If you'd said he'd gone out on the razzle in Stoke on a Saturday night, I'd probably have called foul :)

Jones now tweeting "to the Saints fans" "I never went on strike to leave that was constructed, club made that pr for themselves". Not sure I believe him but hey-ho, interesting if true.

Edit... now deleted.

Screen capture on this thread but can't download as I am not not a member.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/225160/mirror-kenwyne-jones-strike-everton?page=3

Jones now tweeting "to the Saints fans" "I never went on strike to leave that was constructed, club made that pr for themselves". Not sure I believe him but hey-ho, interesting if true.[/url]

This was a reasonably strong rumour at the time IIRC...