Life

saint_stevo

Have a read of this Stevo, if you're looking for perspective.

I don't believe in God, as you will tell from the nature of this website I often peruse but it might give you some food for thought.

http://www.eclipse.co.uk/thoughts/exist.htm

well thats 10minutes i will never get back!

cheers for that Barney in all seriousness, just thinking at the moment there must be more to life than working monday to friday, and drinking and sleeping at the weekend!?

Or maybe there actually isn't?

I live for my little boy.

Everything else is secondary,selfish maybe,but most eveything else is a bit of a chore.Same shyte,different day.

Lard, you have the right idea my good man. You're not selfish at all, you just have something to live for and don't need guiding, unlike the 'I live for God' loons.

cheers for that Barney in all seriousness, just thinking at the moment there must be more to life than working monday to friday, and drinking and sleeping at the weekend!?

Stevo, sorry for wasting ten minutes of your life;).

There is more to living Stevo, without getting too deep I think that you must have new goals and objectives to aim for. When I am ****ed off with work or life in general, I find something new to do. I'm just trying to learn a new language and if I do ok there then i'll find a new target.

Maybe when I get a more serious girlfriend I'll find something may happen to me that will make me stop feeling restless and anxious about my future and i'll be more at ease with the world.

Until then..........?

I can only speak for myself obviously,but having a child has transformed my life,giving it meaning,purpose,and sometimes unmeasurable joy and laughter.

A bit overdramatic too some,but meh.

My time before the little man wasn't excactly terrible,i was quite fortunate,had a good career and excellent social life,i was living in London which was superb.

Ok my social life has taken a backseat but that has been made up for in other ways.

Lard, you have the right idea my good man. You're not selfish at all, you just have something to live for and don't need guiding, unlike the 'I live for God' loons.

There is more to living Stevo, without getting too deep I think that you must have new goals and objectives to aim for. When I am ****ed off with work or life in general, I find something new to do. I'm just trying to learn a new language and if I do ok there then i'll find a new target.

Maybe when I get a more serious girlfriend I'll find something may happen to me that will make me stop feeling restless and anxious about my future and i'll be more at ease with the world.

Until then..........?

That is what i find is a good remedy for alot of things,i am opening myself up for ridicule here,but from February i am taking Ukelele lessons.

Mock away guys and gals.

Until then..........?

Feeling exactly that at the moment!

p.s-mods, this maybe best off being moved to the lounge if poss?

That is what i find is a good remedy for alot of things,i am opening myself up for ridicule here,but from February i am taking Ukelele lessons.

Mock away guys and gals.

Good luck with the lessons Lard, if it was good enough for George Harrison then it's good enough for me.

I had this type of discussion with some lads a few months ago, the one lad is very masculine and plays up to the 'lad' stereotype. He was saying that he's just so angry and anxious at times that he wonders if he has any purpose in life as he's sick of seeminly going round in circles.

I pointed out to him that he has a stressful job and also works as a doorman. I thought that he semed to have too much conflict in his life and needed to get a balance. He basically worked all day then had to deal with assholes in nightclubs for his weekend and it was making him really agitated.

He knocked the doorman work on the head[no pun intended:D] and took up Salsa dancing:smt061:butthead:. Of course, we all ripped the **** out of him but he is so much easier to get on with now and enjoys his new found skill. He also met a bit of totty there too and is still seeing her.

So, he basically, took some of the thing's that contributed to his empty and sterile feeling and gave him something to look forward to doing.

That will be total ******** to some but it works for others.

Feeling exactly that at the moment!

p.s-mods, this maybe best off being moved to the lounge if poss?

I think that you have to keept the mind active as boredom can be a massive factor when I get ****ed off, when I get ****ed off I get confrontational and can be very awkward with people.

Once I have something that stimulates my brain, apart from ****ging, boozing etc then I find I'm more agreeable and easier to get on with - odd I know, but that's just a general observation for me personally.

We are all just but pawns in the bigger game.

Life really is ****, it sucks.

Stevo,

If you are serious about looking for some 'sense' in it all, I would recommend music mate.

There are some amazing words of wisdom to be found among the words of songs. I can't begin to offer suggestions to you and where you ;are' at this particular moment in life. Suffice to say mate that ""The world is your oyster, but the future's a clam" at the moment might sum it up. Maybe try a bit of Floyd, headphones on, volume up to 11 and ENJOY. Comfortably numb is Goooooood IMO

You could always try leaning on a lamppost on the corner of the street, and wait for a certain little lady to go by.

HTH

Get out much?

I can only speak for myself obviously,but having a child has transformed my life,giving it meaning,purpose,and sometimes unmeasurable joy and laughter.

A bit overdramatic too some,but meh.

My time before the little man wasn't excactly terrible,i was quite fortunate,had a good career and excellent social life,i was living in London which was superb.

Ok my social life has taken a backseat but that has been made up for in other ways.

+1.

Well, I didn't live in London, but kids do change your perspective on life.

Who needs beer anyway :D

Stevo,

If you are serious about looking for some 'sense' in it all, I would recommend music mate.

There are some amazing words of wisdom to be found among the words of songs. I can't begin to offer suggestions to you and where you ;are' at this particular moment in life. Suffice to say mate that ""The world is your oyster, but the future's a clam" at the moment might sum it up. Maybe try a bit of Floyd, headphones on, volume up to 11 and ENJOY. Comfortably numb is Goooooood IMO

You could always try leaning on a lamppost on the corner of the street, and wait for a certain little lady to go by.

HTH

Could never leave the volume on 11......10 or 15